THE ORIGINAL & LARGEST MILLIONAIRE DATING SINCE 2001

Reactions to a beautiful young breast cancer survivor? Message Board

• View author's info Posted on May 16, 2006 at 11:12 AM

I'm not sure if I'm going to regret this, but I'm throwing myself out there.

I am a young, attractive, intelligent, extremely social and outgoing woman. I'm turning 31 on May 27th, but more importantly I'm coming up on 3 years cancer free on Sept. 22.

I was diagnosed with an extremely aggressive form of breast cancer at 28. I found it myself, thank God, at its earliest stage.

Due to my young age and the type of cancer, I elected to have both of my breasts removed. After 16 rounds of chemo, being ass bald for a winter (in Boston to boot!) and several reconstructive surguries, I'm blessed and proud to say I am cancer free and have a long and happy life to look forward to.

Here's the part that sounds crazy, but I wouldn't change anything. It sucked, I was bed ridden, gained weight from all the meds, etc...but I today feel more beautiful and sexy than ever before. My plastic surgeon is amazing, and I have been afforded an outlook on life that few people will ever know.

So guys, I'm curious, does this effect you one way or the other...good, bad or indifferent? The men that know me personally have great respect, but I'm curious how men on the whole, whom do not have any ties to me, feel about it.

Thanks for taking the time to read my long winded message :)

Jennifer

Members Only

• 15Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jun 01, 2006 at 01:39 PM

Jennifer, you are a very brave, beautiful woman. You have persevered and survived. You have fought the battle and won. Any man should be proud to have such a woman as you. I wish you continued well being. You are amazing.
  • View author's info Posted on May 31, 2006 at 08:46 PM

happy birthday!! I'm always proud of the people I meet who survive cancer. Way to go your an inspiration to the rest of us
  • View author's info Posted on May 31, 2006 at 08:38 PM

Congrats on the Bday and the anniversary Jenn! You are truly inspirational and I applaud your positive mental outlook!!!

Alas, I lost my friend and golf partner to cancer a couple years ago at age 46, as well as my mother and serveral relatives. It is a tough just from being a bystander, I can't imagine from the other side.

As for your question to the guys, I would only say that it would be intimidating from your inner strength and one would ponder if he was worthy...

But let your inner light continue to shine. You are both at once blessed and a blessing to those who know you!

Good Luck in Your Search.
  • View author's info Posted on May 31, 2006 at 08:13 PM

Thanks Sweetheart for you person email, we are all rooting for you, if you see whose replied to your thread here you will see the 'cream' of the caring bunch on MM have wished you all the best, our prayers are with you, Go Girl Go
  • View author's info Posted on May 31, 2006 at 07:26 PM

Jennifer,
    Welcome to the forum, Happy Birthday, and a big CONGRATULATIONS on beating Breast cancer. As a nurse, I've seen my fair share of what any type of cancer can do, and breast cancer is on of the worst. I give you a thumbs up for going thru all the chemo and hanging in, and am tickled that you still feel beautiful and sexy.. You are a beauty! Take good care and keep up the good work!!
  • View author's info Posted on May 31, 2006 at 10:46 AM

Hello again,

I just wanted to tell everyone that over the weekend I turned 31 and the week before that I reached my 2 years out from chemotherapy mark!

Which is huge, my oncologist say's that because my type of cancer was so aggressive she's pretty close to positive that it would have come back by now. They can't say 100% because of legal stuff, blah, blah...but intents and purposes I am, yippie!!!!

Sept 22nd of this year will be 3 years since I was diagnosed. Maybe I'll have finally found my prince by then to celebrate with, cross your fingers :)

I hope everyone is doing well!

Jenn
  • View author's info Posted on May 21, 2006 at 12:00 PM

How refreshing it is to see how many truly nice people there are...makes me smile :)
  • View author's info Posted on May 20, 2006 at 07:54 PM

well You are pretty and pretty amazing.

I think that you can be a great spokes-person for the survival of cancer and that Life goes on

Wow how touching how scared you must of been I am sure you now see just how precious life is I am sure that there is nothing you take for granted .
    Thanks for sharing .. Dorma and WELCOME
  • View author's info Posted on May 19, 2006 at 12:06 PM

Sweet lady Fair, we all applaud the pain and suffering you've been thro, but it heartens me to to see, that over half that have written on this great thread, are men. We maybe old buggers, but as you will notice, by reading the forum, we are most sincere in our words.
    So onwards & Upwards, have a great life.
    Take Care
  • View author's info Posted on May 19, 2006 at 11:48 AM

Thank you all so much for taking the to read my post and leave such thoughtful comments...it really means the world to me :)
  • View author's info Posted on May 18, 2006 at 07:42 PM

jlrbailey...the little pic with your post was a dead give away who was posting! :-)
    I commend your courage and honesty. I suspect someone will fall in love with that great lady who had the strength & courage to fight such a devastating battle with Cancer. Good luck to you!
  • View author's info Posted on May 18, 2006 at 11:50 AM

I have the uttermost admiration for you, to fight and beat the big C is a feat in its self, but to come thro' it feeling the way you do is wonderful.
    A woman's breasts are a very outward sign of her sexuality, it is obvious, that thro' the skill of the surgeon and your dogged determination,you feel a sexy woman.
    Any guy who woos and wins you is a lucky guy, just hope you find all the love you richly deserve, please add me to your growing list of friends on the forum.
  • View author's info Posted on May 17, 2006 at 02:39 PM

jlrbailey write:

I am a young, attractive, intelligent, extremely social and outgoing woman. I'm turning 31 on May 27th, but more importantly I'm coming up on 3 years cancer free on Sept. 22.

I was diagnosed with an extremely aggressive form of breast cancer at 28. I found it myself, thank God, at its earliest stage.

Due to my young age and the type of cancer, I elected to have both of my breasts removed. After 16 rounds of chemo, being ass bald for a winter (in Boston to boot!) and several reconstructive surguries, I'm blessed and proud to say I am cancer free and have a long and happy life to look forward to.

Here's the part that sounds crazy, but I wouldn't change anything. It sucked, I was bed ridden, gained weight from all the meds, etc...but I today feel more beautiful and sexy than ever before. My plastic surgeon is amazing, and I have been afforded an outlook on life that few people will ever know.

So guys, I'm curious, does this effect you one way or the other...good, bad or indifferent? The men that know me personally have great respect, but I'm curious how men on the whole, whom do not have any ties to me, feel about it.

Jennifer

Jennifer, congratulations on beating back this monster. You are a very brave lady to beat it as well as sharing your story.

I have a very good friend that went through much the same thing. She is an amazing lady and unless she told someone they would never know she had cancer. I won't go into any details but I did a very thorough examination on occasion and was very impressed.

To answer your question, it doesn't have any affect to me other than admiring your courage. I don't pretend to speak for other men, just one persons opinion.
  • View author's info Posted on May 17, 2006 at 01:12 PM

jlrbailey write:

Jennifer

It is not a subject I would normally read about let alone respond to. Maybe I was bored and read your post. YOU DESERVE A STANDING OVATION. YOU SURE EARNED MY RESPECT. Good luck to you....Bill
  • View author's info Posted on May 16, 2006 at 11:36 AM

Oh yeah...and I'm the girl on the far right, forgot to mention that.