THE ORIGINAL & LARGEST MILLIONAIRE DATING SINCE 2001

My boat is launched Romance

• View author's info Posted on Apr 19, 2005 at 09:42 AM

I'm so excited. I'm moving in now. I just need some pretty girls with paddles to join me. Whose coming?
  • 52Comments

• View author's info Posted on May 11, 2005 at 05:08 PM

Bob ... I believe it's a 1999 model. Old compared to yours! lol But we store it all winter...they winterize it, then get it ready for me in the Summer, deliver it to me and I've never had a problem with it once. Strike that...the 2nd Summer it had it's original battery, I turned it off to switch places with my daughter, so she could drive and the battery went dead! Have you ever pushed your Seadoo forward, swam to it, pushed it again, swam to it...for about a 1/4 mile to shore? lol I put a new battery in each summer! Another thing I learned...never press the start button while facing the dock! It doesn't reverse that fast! lol Oh also, when going 50 mi/hr on the lake...never never take your thumb full of the throttle, cause a Seadoo stops instantly...not gradually like your vehicle...centrificle force throws you over the motor! lol Best way to learn is through experience! lol
  • View author's info Posted on May 11, 2005 at 04:01 AM

Sharp1, The SeaDoo GTX comes in various renditions. What year is yours and what engine is in it and I'll tell you everything you want to know about it? The pre-2004 SeaDo's have "dreamometers" in them, the speedometer says 70, but the Doo only goes 55. I don't know any modern Doo's that go only 50 mph in the GTX version unless you have an RFI engine or the basic 4 tec. The GTX DI and basic 4 tec run in the low 50's. The GTX SC models run around 61/62. And the RXP radars at 67/68.

I usually buy one or two new Doo's every year...except this year I went Yamaha. I got a 160HO, it's boring, it goes 58/59 but it's not for me. It's for you when you come to see me. I give up on my SeaDoo reliability... the SD's are lots more fun, but my 2004 RXP is in the shop for the second time because it sunk. I also have a Honda, my brother bought it and brought it back from the US since we can't get them in Canada and Polaris 140MSX. My favorite SDs were my 2001 GTX DI and 2002 RXDI mainly because of the range they had...I could go 120 to 130 miles a tank compared to my new machines which go about 80 miles a tank.
  • View author's info Posted on May 10, 2005 at 07:19 AM

Thanks katie, sometimes when you go to post, if you don't quote, have more than 1 person...& one of those people is knew to you...when it comes to memory...I think I have a touch of alzeimer's! :-)
  • View author's info Posted on May 10, 2005 at 12:15 AM

The treeman is Frank, Sharpbabe.
  • View author's info Posted on May 09, 2005 at 10:51 PM

Bob, my Seadoo GTX goes 50 mi/hr. I asked the Seadoo rep in Kelowna last Summer if they had a more powerful model that went faster...he told me they didn't make them any faster, that they say 70 mi/hr but when full out it really on goes maximum 50 mi/hr. Now you are saying you get yours up to 68 mi/hr??? I hate when sales reps see a women coming, and treat us like we're second class citizens!
    I love my Seadoo, put alot of hours onit during he Summer too.

Sorry, forgot your name...the guy leaning on the tree...great advice for Mel.

Mel if your sailing the oceans blue, be careful...I know of a small ketch that hit a container which had fallen off a freight ship. It was floating about 4 feet beneath the surface...sunk in 5 to 8 minutes!!! So make sure you have boat insurance! Anything can happen.
  • View author's info Posted on May 09, 2005 at 05:49 PM

ScrippsRanchMel write:
    Bob,

Let's talk shop. I have been toying with the idea of purchasing a boat for over a year now. A power boat. Nikki wants sleeping quarters. I want a beer holder. My umbrella policy says I can purchase a boat up to 37'. I don't know why I brought that up.

I have no idea what is a good brand of boat. If I got one, I would have it docked at a harbor because if I had to tow the thing I would never use it. I want to hop on the thing and go.

What about classes? I want to be able to safely navigate, know all of the rules, yada yada yada.

How does one get started on a nautical adventure?

Mel:
    Here are some quick thoughts. I have been boating for some 15 years now. As far as classes, I took the Coast Guard course. It is short, but it gives you a better appreciation for the water and safety, and how little people actually know, who are boating. It helps on insurance rates.

Boats: I have had day cruisers, like Bob, Aft-cabin yachts, and high-perf boats. My current boat is 50' Hustler, made in NY. It has nice living accomodations (A/C, Flat screen, DVD, VCR, leather, 1000watt stereo, etc.), but it gets you there very fast (90 MPH) the way it is setup. As a quick aside, I have an Umbrella coverage, linked in with my insurance policy, also.

Each of the boats above, will run differently on the water, and that does affect the 'fun quotient'. The first decision is to understand how you wil use it? Will it be a weekend condo? Will it be a quick ride to the beach? Big water, deep water, shallow water....?

Cruising to other ports is blast. Its like your an explorer again. Its important to map your route, have detailed sea maps showing depth considersations, set way points, gas stops, food and drink issues, etc.

This is a start, I would be happy to share more with you, if this is helpful!
  • View author's info Posted on May 09, 2005 at 05:47 AM

my boat has a 3 foot draft, once you move up in size from this one, you can't play in our water as it is very shallow here. Six foot, it's not a "fast" boat...it only goes 38 mph. I'm not a multi-multi-millionaire, and this is the boat that I can best afford without getting trashed on depreciation. With boats though, it doesn't matter how big it is - they are all a bucket of fun. If you can afford a boat and like the water just get one!

That's what the SeaDoo's are for. My SeaDoo RXP goes 68 mph, and that's fast on the water. At 215 HP, it is more fun than anything else. I put about 170 hours a season on my SeaDoo's.

If you want to go fast, you get a Skater which I would do if I could talk someone to go half on one with me because I'm not going to buy a go fast boat to use a handful of times a year.

I do know one billionaire how has a 115 foot motor sail yacht with a crew. But somehow it's just not the same. This other friend of mine has a 56 foot Carver and he has a Captain for it. I asked him what the hell do you have a captain for a boat that small for? He said, so I can drink. Right answer! He can afford it.
  • View author's info Posted on May 08, 2005 at 10:09 PM

Yes, Big Bob .... six was writing to Bobby Boucher.

Mel, kwr2002 is selling his boat!
  • View author's info Posted on May 08, 2005 at 10:08 PM

Hey Bob...it is a nice boat, but they are bigger in the Caribbean and come with beautiful dining areas, living rooms, King sized masterbdrms with King bed, and ensuites to match! One can live like a king on water!
  • View author's info Posted on May 08, 2005 at 07:58 PM

SIX such sass...oh la la! lol
    Bob thanks for the boat info...I want to meet a man who is into boating and wants to sail the Caribbean for an undetermined length of time. As a female, buying my own boat just doesn't seem like fun. It's like a guy thing.
    BTW...who struck the nerve regarding the profit tax? Our govt really knows how to screw a guy, don't they! lol
  • View author's info Posted on May 08, 2005 at 02:13 PM

Scripps, rule number one in boat purchasing...don't buy new. I bought a new SeaRay 28 foot SunSport with twin 300HP, I had no end of grief with the boat that I had dropped $160,000 on. I kept it as a second boat for a season, then decided to get rid of it. I couldn't sell it. I got $85,000 in year three. Only 65 hours. More problems that you can imagine. I already knew not to buy new, but I couldn't find a used one and I really wanted that model.

I bought my current SeaRay 42 foot Sundancer, it was 2 years old, I paid 50% of what the original owner paid. I'm a SeaRay brand diehard, so don't ask me too much about other boats. Brunswick Corp makes most of the boats on the market, but start your search on the www . "yachtworld . calm" for the boat you want. When you buy a used big boat, you get a boat where the previous owner has battled all the problems down and then you can invest some money in your used boat to make it the way you want it. I put a $15K home theater in my boat last year. The year before I put a gorgeous custom top on it. Before that, I put amazing electronics on it. My friend had an interior decorator come and do his 39 foot carver flybridge boat for $25K. It's like a sex palace in there (never mind his stereo/theater system).
    A lot of the boat brands out on the West Coast are probably somewhat different than our Great Lakes brands and Atlantic Coast brands.

One of the edges that SeaRay has is that they spend more money on R&D than any other make of boat.

Yes, before you get started you really need to take a nautical course or you'll be hitting bottom. In Canada we have the Canadian Power Squadron, there must be an equivalent US system.

If you are going to look at getting high end, you will want to look at Viking, Tiara, Cobalt, Boston Whaler for boats in the mid 30 foot range. Those brands will cost you more, but you get what you pay for.

If you want to get a nice boat that is an action center, I'd se...
  • View author's info Posted on May 08, 2005 at 01:53 PM

six foot, my Dad was a psychiatrist, so yes he controls my thoughts but my success was achieved independently. I'm a rebel. I ran away when I was a teenager and built my business on my own. I did not inherit money nor win the lottery. I didn't get stock options. I didn't work for some big company and get a golden parachute. I worked for it. So f'ing hard you can't imagine. I put at risk my lifetime savings, my retirement plan, sold my car, my house. Imagine a medical intern who gets no time off, no holidays for 5 years. And add a couple of hours a day to that schedule.
    7 days a week 18 hours a day for 5 years. Sometimes working to solve problems without sleeping for days. And when the government comes along to tax your f'ing business because on paper it's making a profit, while I'm slowly going broke, you can understand my disdain for profit taxes.

You hit a nerve. Funny Bob has an achilles heel...
  • View author's info Posted on May 08, 2005 at 12:39 PM

Bob,

Let's talk shop. I have been toying with the idea of purchasing a boat for over a year now. A power boat. Nikki wants sleeping quarters. I want a beer holder. My umbrella policy says I can purchase a boat up to 37'. I don't know why I brought that up.

I have no idea what is a good brand of boat. If I got one, I would have it docked at a harbor because if I had to tow the thing I would never use it. I want to hop on the thing and go.

What about classes? I want to be able to safely navigate, know all of the rules, yada yada yada.

How does one get started on a nautical adventure?
  • View author's info Posted on May 06, 2005 at 02:59 PM

bobbyboucher4 write:
    darn katie iwanted to see bob's boat too i missed it?

Yeah, BoBo ... you missed the boat.
    lol
    No, it's in his photo album in his profile.
  • View author's info Posted on May 06, 2005 at 09:50 AM

Wow, Bob...... that's a beauty!!! (the boat, I mean)
  • View author's info Posted on May 06, 2005 at 05:05 AM

The party boat is in my profile now. Some people call it the love boat. Since I can't swim, I have to wear my water wings at all times. But they a great bonus feature during sex.
  • View author's info Posted on May 02, 2005 at 09:32 PM

Show a picture of your boat, Bob! What do you call it? Did you christen it with champagne?
  • View author's info Posted on May 02, 2005 at 09:18 PM

Katie: OK, MM boat party weekend for sure. I just want to round up my single friends with big boats and make sure they are around. We go out to an island cove and tie up all the boats together and dance, drink, eat, swim, ski, etc... and in the morning, my boat buddy Greg will make everyone his specialty. Greggs Benedict.
  • View author's info Posted on May 01, 2005 at 03:40 PM

Please excuse the swim suit pic. (My MALE friend took it - q'uelle suprise, he forgot my face!)
    I'm trying to make a point in the "Mad as HELL" thread, but this photo shows up EVERYWHERE. I'll remove it soon.

With much humility,
    Katiegrl