THE ORIGINAL & LARGEST MILLIONAIRE DATING SINCE 2001

Why this site over others? Message Board

• View author's info Posted on May 10, 2005 at 11:00 AM

1. When dating someone who is not in the same financial situation extravagent dinners,trips ect... can be perceived as wasteful and not only not appreciated, but actually deemed a negative and insensitive.

2. Opens up the looks/youth category to those who have accomplished financial freedom(and may not have had said opportunities until) and now want to settle down, but time has taken them out of the child rearing age group. Looks for money. Sounds crass, but isn't it true? Women in general are more attracted to security and men are generally more attracted to looks.

3. Commonality in that those who come from money have more in common with those that at least have, if not always had money, than those who don't. Or do opposites attract? In which case this site would be perfect in bringing those with to those without.
  • 20Comments

• View author's info Posted on May 13, 2005 at 08:43 PM

girliegirll write:
    I have been on match and eharmony. I met nice local men on match, but eharmony was a waste of money. This site is nice but I thought they had a chat room to get to know people? All I see are forums?

I agree about eharmony. I joined it for all of one hour! I deleted my profile immediately and had to reset my computer settings to prior to signing on with eharmony. What I found was it linked to a zillion por*no sites. Everytime I logged on they would open up and I'd close it only for another link box to open up. I wrote to inform them that no other dating site caused that to happen.

Hey girlie, it's like Champ says...almost every forum turns into a chat...observe or jump in.

I was unable to observe what was going on last night, but from what I observed this morning I got a feel for it. Seems to be on more than one thread too, between other participants. Gets a little monotonous, don't you think?
  • View author's info Posted on May 13, 2005 at 06:34 PM

I have been on this site almost 2 years. I came to this site because I hoped that the men were of better manners and class then the ones who were on other sites. Over the 2 years I have found that many of the men are exactly that. Yes there are the jerks here too but not as many. I have had some very nice conversations here on the forums with some very wonderful people.

Yes I am on this site looking for a guy who is financially stable. But it is not to get money out of him. It is because usually a person who is financially secure is someone who is stable and sure of himself. I spent 8 years married and 2 years before that dating my ex who was never satisfied in a job. He spent most of the time either fired,laid off, or going from one job to another. We never knew if we would have insurance, ect. I went through most of my savings keeping us from the poor house. He is still that way. In 6 years that we have been separated/divorced I never know if I will receive support money for our kids or not. I work 2 jobs, finished off the rest of my savings, hardly seeing my kids to keep myself and my kids secure with insurance, food, roof over our heads, ect.....That is without help from my ex. I just want to know that when I meet the man of my dreams that he is the type that is stable. One who won't spend his life going from one job to another. One who knows his direction in life and goes after it. I really don't care if he is a millionaire or not. This site has those type of men on it. More so then any other site. That is why I am here.
  • View author's info Posted on May 13, 2005 at 03:52 PM

Hey Girlie. Sometimes these 'forums' turn into chat. It just depends what topic you happen to stumble into. You should have seen some of the stuff going on last night. It was quite entertaining. Stick around, you'll probably discover a thread or two that has turned into a chat....or is that a cat fight ;-)
  • View author's info Posted on May 12, 2005 at 12:25 AM

biff1299 write:
    Personally I signed up with the hopes I could find others with same life experiences without sounding like I am bragging.

I really signed up because I was hoping for some intellectual sparring but I think this site becomes information overload sometimes because many times you are sorting through many different communications at the same time - piercing through all that appears to be tough.

That is probably why my experience here is the same as other sites in the end - I don't meet anyone.

Biff, keep posting in the Forums and everyone will get to know you, plus the silent, anonymous women who only read the Forums for entertainment might see your pretty face and chat you up!

Go to the "Game-playing" thread and add to it. I'd like to know your opinion!

Good to have you aboard.
  • View author's info Posted on May 11, 2005 at 09:42 PM

Sharp,

You are such a classy lady you completely overlooked the crude way I transformed your post. It wasn't meant to be serious. That's why I apologized in advance. Though anyone who knows you knows you wouldn't talk so crudely.

Andy
  • View author's info Posted on May 11, 2005 at 09:21 PM

Hey, no need to be sorry Andy...that's life. Everyone says when you stop looking Mr Right will find you...well, I'm not really looking, so who knows? And the timing probably isn't quite right for me. I'm not ready to move anywhere for at least 1.5 yrs. Then I'll make the move on my own to warmer climes! :-) At least for the Winter months. Do you notice how many men live in Boca Raton, Ft Lauderdale, etc. areas? I can picture myself now...strolling for my morning or evening walk along the beach, and presto! There he is! lol (a surreal concept!)
  • View author's info Posted on May 11, 2005 at 07:42 PM

sharp1 write:
    He said I needed ...to make it bigger. My response back was that my box was bigger 3 yrs ago. Life's experiences have caused to become smaller; therefore, I look for a specific qualities in a man. Like I said...one who will not be intimidated...

I apologize for this out-of-context quote. But one thing I do love about MM's new forums is their new quotation box.

Sorry,
    Andy
  • View author's info Posted on May 11, 2005 at 06:02 PM

Personally I signed up with the hopes I could find others with same life experiences without sounding like I am bragging.

I really signed up because I was hoping for some intellectual sparring but I think this site becomes information overload sometimes because many times you are sorting through many different communications at the same time - piercing through all that appears to be tough.

That is probably why my experience here is the same as other sites in the end - I don't meet anyone.
  • View author's info Posted on May 11, 2005 at 05:55 PM

EdTarboosh write:

Sharp,

You wrote me about this once. I doubt MM is the best dating site and as we both know I ended up here on a lark. But if I was single I'd be making a pass at you. Of course, I'm sure you could do a lot better, LOL, but I'd at least like to think you'd give me a chance.

Hi Ed...that's why I'm no longer a paying member. But I'm having fun on the forums. If by chance I did meet someone, that would be a bonus. Katie is right though, there are more white collar, intellectual & successful men on this site than any other I've checked out. I doubt I'd meet anyone from other sites...they'd bore me.
    I'd consider anyone if they could make me laugh & vice versa, and there was that chemistry attraction we all talk about.
    Interesting, just this morning a male acquaintance told me that I've made this box with specific expectations of a significant other. He said I needed to step out of it, or make it bigger. My response back was that my box was bigger 3 yrs ago. Life's experiences have caused to become smaller; therefore, I look for a specific qualities in a man. Like I said...one who will not be intimidated...
  • View author's info Posted on May 11, 2005 at 09:14 AM

Thanks Katie for the compliment. I think you are a beautiful woman as well and I am a big fan of your insightful postings. Sharp same goes for you too.

Ed, I don?t have my picture up because, frankly, I have stopped using this site as a dating site. There are way too many angry and frustrated men on the site. Like I said, I enjoy reading the various discussions (sans the cat fights) and that is why I am still on MM.
  • View author's info Posted on May 11, 2005 at 01:13 AM

katiegrl write:
    If I remember correctly Ed, Junglecat is beautiful, but her photo seems to invoke the vindictiveness of a certain MM-stalker who disses her ad nauseum when she posts.

Who is this jerk?
  • View author's info Posted on May 11, 2005 at 12:56 AM

If I remember correctly Ed, Junglecat is beautiful, but her photo seems to invoke the vindictiveness of a certain MM-stalker who disses her ad nauseum when she posts.
  • View author's info Posted on May 10, 2005 at 09:02 PM

sharp1 write:

Ditto ... with the exception two exceptions: 1) I want to meet someone who is at about the same place in their life as I am in mine ... ready to enjoy life and all it has to offer!
    2) Tired of meeting guys who are intimidated...

Sharp,

You wrote me about this once. I doubt MM is the best dating site and as we both know I ended up here on a lark. But if I was single I'd be making a pass at you. Of course, I'm sure you could do a lot better, LOL, but I'd at least like to think you'd give me a chance.

Junglecat,

I've read your posts elsewhere and by all indications you're quite intelligent and witty. Maybe you need a pic. We men are dumb visual creatures. I'd be very leery approaching a woman here without a pic 'cause I wouldn't want to catch her attention and then have to back out and reject her if I saw she wasn't my type.
  • View author's info Posted on May 10, 2005 at 08:57 PM

sharp1 write:

Ditto ... with the exception two exceptions: 1) I want to meet someone who is at about the same place in their life as I am in mine ... ready to enjoy life and all it has to offer!

Yes, what you girls said. lol
    I've been online dating for three years and have met over 30 men for coffee, lunch or drinks. It gave me the chance to know what I'm looking for. The men on THIS site, in my opinion, are superior in intellect, for one thing, largely white collar, and naturally other reasons, as well.

I also knew I'd have a better chance here of meeting a man who would support me in my work (fine art and my kids books) beyond simply saying, "Wow, that's really neat." I need a man with a business brain who cares that I succeed. I'm a goose that lays golden eggs but I don't know how to take them to the market.
    My man can help me a lot, but I'll give it back tenfold with my skills, my gratitude and my love.
  • View author's info Posted on May 10, 2005 at 07:16 PM

Junglecat write:
    I am a successful professional woman and I joined this site because I was hoping to meet an attractive successful professional man. I have given up that at this point and I am still on here because I enjoy reading the postings in the forum.

• View author's info Posted on May 10, 2005 at 07:12 PM

Young or old we are all here. But with a word like Millionaire in the URL you have to wonder...ha ha..
    This is one of my favorite singles sites..but not the MOST favorite.
  • View author's info Posted on May 10, 2005 at 02:11 PM

I am a successful professional woman and I joined this site because I was hoping to meet an attractive successful professional man. I have given up that at this point and I am still on here because I enjoy reading the postings in the forum.
  • View author's info Posted on May 10, 2005 at 11:17 AM

Speedy this site has all ages just like other sites do..
  • View author's info Posted on May 10, 2005 at 11:16 AM

not speaking for myself or anybody. Just starting a thread with a question as to why this site over others. Will be interesting to see the answers, if any actually are presented. I'll start. And yes partly my beliefs are embedded in the question.

For me I like young women and this seems a site that may be appropriate for attracting them.