THE ORIGINAL & LARGEST MILLIONAIRE DATING SINCE 2001

Too Many Topics Under MB Forum and Other Forums Message Board

• View author's info Posted on Mar 14, 2005 at 09:40 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but before we used to go to the Message Board and view everything anyone who wanted to post had to say...it was quick! If we were following a particular thread it was quick & easy to locate. Now we have to go in and out of each individual topic within the message board...it's time consuming. And the number of Topics under Romance is growing, making it more difficult to find the ones we're following. The other night I had to go thru 19 forums to find the one I was looking for, because I forgot what the name of it was. It took me 20 minutes!!! Is it just me, or is it becoming more & more complex therefore time consuming? :-)
  • 13Comments

• View author's info Posted on May 10, 2005 at 12:22 AM

OK Min and Sharp I have just sent my complain to MM..and suggest they put on word count..so if u 2 follow up they might get the message..I guess we can't complain about freebies..just give them free ideas for exchange..
  • View author's info Posted on May 09, 2005 at 09:42 PM

Minerva, Lately when I write a long post I copy it. Then I put my cursor at the end of the last line in the box, then I scroll down until the cursor reaches the top...I count that as 200 words. I repeat it...200, 400, 600...when I get to 1800 I submit. I then start a new post, paste what I copied, and delete that portion up to where I left off. It's been working for me...but it would be nice if MM would make it easier themself without us having to think up some ingenious method that works. I mean...that just seems like work! I'm here for fun! lol
  • View author's info Posted on May 08, 2005 at 01:20 AM

Sharp, Bonnie: YES absolutely, we need a word count!!
    We can all three suggest it to MM. I'm sure we can get others to do the same.
    It's too frustrating when I've thought up something to write and at the end the last few lines get cut off and then of course I can't remember exactly what I had written.
  • View author's info Posted on May 05, 2005 at 01:46 AM

I counted one day so I could develope a system that I wouldn't be cut off. Once at 1900 I was cut off. I suggested the put a reverse counter in so we could see how many characters we had remaining to use. It would have more weight if others did the same. That's providing others think it is also a good idea.

I agree with you Sharp that they need a word count like they have for the profile slot..so we don't have to find half the message lost..and trying to reconnect the piece..

• View author's info Posted on May 04, 2005 at 07:12 PM

prettypleaseme write:
    Help! I am new and totally lost at posting or even finding a common thread here! How does one join in a topic when one can't even find a continuous discussion about the topic on one thread???
    Obviously there are "secrets" to doing this that MM fails to mention??

Go back to Forums,,find message board and click,, some of us hang in the JAVA HOUSE
  • View author's info Posted on May 04, 2005 at 07:06 PM

Help! I am new and totally lost at posting or even finding a common thread here! How does one join in a topic when one can't even find a continuous discussion about the topic on one thread???
    Obviously there are "secrets" to doing this that MM fails to mention??
  • View author's info Posted on May 04, 2005 at 01:43 PM

I'm lost, can anyone please give me directions back to the Java house?
  • View author's info Posted on May 03, 2005 at 12:34 PM

i agree...TOO many categories and subcategories. i posted several times on various subjects and now forget where they are! welcome to my ADHD ladened mind!
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 17, 2005 at 10:38 AM

Actually 1HM if you've posted on most of the forums & topics it's not easier...because when you search by profile name or even topics then your back to square one!!! Because they all come up! Again one must peruse in and out of each one. I suggested they add a search by profile name and date. Because we don't all post on each forum/topic daily...I might just be looking for the 4 or 5 ... 10 or 20 (kidding lol) topics that I wrote upon the previous day. I also suggested the do as Udate does...instead of manually reading them, they could set up a system that scans each post for certain words. Udate doesn't allow the word cocktail...so you wouldn't be accepted if you said 'cocktail dress' ... and it let's you know right away it's not accepted so you can edit...although I had to write udate to ask why it wasn't accepted...so I changed it to evening dress! :-) Lot's of changes happening here...maybe it won't be the best dating sight for someone of us, but it will be the most entertainging!

Also, it's less than 2000 characters, not by much though...I counted one day so I could develope a system that I wouldn't be cut off. Once at 1900 I was cut off. I suggested the put a reverse counter in so we could see how many characters we had remaining to use. It would have more weight if others did the same. That's providing others think it is also a good idea.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 16, 2005 at 09:34 AM

Stat I agree with you...wish people would post under a like heading instead of starting a new one.
    I also like the idea BBD put forward.
    Lioncourt...I don't really want to go back to the old MB system as it was very lame...so much bickering going on between small minded and negative people. The new forum is generating much more positive interaction amongst it's members...although SUPER slow!!! They desparately need to correct that to one hr vs one to two days! :-)
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 15, 2005 at 07:29 PM

I entirely agree. It seems to be increasingly difficult to navigate this site.

As a paying member, I would expect to have access to a more refined search engine, as well as having to deal with fewer comments which have little or nothing to do with dating and meeting people.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 15, 2005 at 02:39 AM

Sharp i agree completely. Maybe MM needs to go back in there and if there has not been postings on that particular topic for say 2 weeks to either delete it or maybe have a place where they can put "old topics". Also instead of starting a new topic if maybe people would pick something that is close to fitting the subject and use that for their questions instead of every question they think of using it to start a new forum. Like old guys and young women. there are 2/3topics of them saying the same thing
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 15, 2005 at 02:35 AM

It's true Sharp. I was looking for the threads that I was following and it took me a while to find as well ... some of the headings are even starting to look the same as others.
    It seems I am re-reading all the time just to find what I am searching. A search button possibly???