THE ORIGINAL & LARGEST MILLIONAIRE DATING SINCE 2001

Secret Desires Message Board

• View author's info Posted on Jun 28, 2005 at 09:24 PM

I want to take a cruise.Anyone want to go?
  • 20Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jul 02, 2005 at 11:11 AM

Min,
    sorry to hear about your friend's demise.. cancer has robbed me of my husband and at least half a dozen friends in the last two years..
    having been a cancer carer, I know the real pain of watching one's love one suffer through it.

I wish doctors , experts and researchers , both conventional and alternative would just work together to understand this disease better..unfortunately cancer and cancer drugs and cures are a multi-billion dollar business and I believe the politics involved in finding the cure is too complex and as long as there is no cure, lots of drug companies, tobacco companies and oncologists will be kept very rich by it..
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 02, 2005 at 08:56 AM

sixfeetwtc write:
    'Why, then the world's mine oyster,
    which I with sword will open'. -
    W. Shakespeare

So here's another one of those fantasy threads that pop up on here from time to time. If you could do absolutely anything in this world - something that you long for so much so that it's eating away at you, and had unlimited power and resources at your disposal to do it, what would it be?

Lots of good answers here, but I'm afraid I'll lose track of my own ideas if I keep reading. I've given a lot of thought to this, not because I have the power, but because I do not but still hope for a better world for future generations. I think simplest is best, so if I had the power I would dictate that every person on the planet both understand and adhere to what christians call the Golden Rule. Most other religions have similar teachings, although different labels. If our first thought before any action was to consider whether we'd want that to happen to us, perhaps a lot of misery would vanish.

Sure, I'd like to have an enduring relationship with a woman I admired and respected, enough money to play all day instead of working, but if I could have that first wish I could live without the rest.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 02, 2005 at 04:48 AM

OK - to go back to the lighter, more fun side of this thread: I would LOVE to do the following or visit the following places:
    - safari in Africa
    - trip on the Orient-Express
    - cruise in Alaska to see the glaciers
    - cruise in Norway (Northern lights..?)
    - Sydney: climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge
    - New Zealand (that will probably become reality next Spring since I am planning to go there to visit a good friend in Auckland)
    - sky-diving
    - more scuba diving and go down in a cage to see a Great White Shark up close.. brrrr... scary but thrilling!
    And so many other places I'd love to visit .... too many to mention...!
    Japan, China, India, South America, a lot of the USA which I haven't seen yet....

wow.. I have a long wish list.... !!
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 02, 2005 at 02:13 AM

sixfeetwtc write:
    Min, I'm sorry to hear that. Cancer is a terrible disease - I've known a few as well who are currently battling it, have battled and won or unfortunately lost. This September I'm participating in the Terry Fox Run in my community (have worked as a volunteer in the past, this year will be running). If you're not familiar with Terry Fox, look up ww*w.terryfoxrun.org. Events are held internationally - none in Luxembourg that I know of. If you can't cure a disease, there's always some way to contribute to a cause benefitting it - that goes for any social issue.

Thanks Six. My friend who passed away on Monday did not want flowers or wreaths etc - she wanted contributions to be made to "Medecins sans Frontieres" (Doctors without Borders.. in English?)
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 01, 2005 at 11:59 AM

Mandalay207 write:
    Min,

My condolences to you and to the family. I think I can speak for everyone on these forum threads when I say it is our pleasure to help you get through some of these difficult times! You are a great lady and we will do our best to keep you smiling!

Jim

Mandalay,
    That's very sweet of you, thank you. You all do keep me smiling and laughing all the time and it has taken my mind off other things. In fact, it has been my escape in a way these past few weeks.
    That's why I have no intention of weaning myself off MM any time soon -lol.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 01, 2005 at 11:51 AM

Min,

My condolences to you and to the family. I think I can speak for everyone on these forum threads when I say it is our pleasure to help you get through some of these difficult times! You are a great lady and we will do our best to keep you smiling!

Jim

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jul 01, 2005 at 03:49 AM

I prefer "You don't mess around with Jim" and "Time in a bottle"
    I also like Engelbert, esp when he sings Release Me.

Going back to saving the world etc...
    how about curing cancer? all types of cancer.
    Too many people close to me have died or are dying of this awful disease, the last one just this Monday. Her funeral service is in one hour. You guys and gals have kept me smiling and laughing and kept me sane through various bad moments this week and the last few weeks.
    Thank you....
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 01, 2005 at 02:55 AM

sixfeetwtc write:
    Man, I like #1 and #2, but #3? 8-track tapes? LOL I think my mother has an old Englebert Humperdinck 8-track kicking around somewhere...

Oh come on Six! Haven't you ever listened to Jim Croce on 8-Track? It's the best! "Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown" sounds so much better!

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jun 30, 2005 at 05:23 AM

Mandalay207 write:
    My secret desires:

1. Cure Diabetes.

2. I'd move everyone who lives in Montana to a different state and move all underprivileged children, orphaned children and abused kids to one state. These children will have everything provided for them including health care, education, room and board and entertainment. These kids will never have to suffer or ask for anything again. The only adults in the State will be those appointed by me will those in a position to lead, educate, supervise, health care providers, etc.

3. I'd bring back 8-Track tapes and make them popular again.

Awwww I knew I like Mandy for a reason. You're the bestest!
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 30, 2005 at 03:20 AM

My secret desires:

1. Cure Diabetes.

2. I'd move everyone who lives in Montana to a different state and move all underprivileged children, orphaned children and abused kids to one state. These children will have everything provided for them including health care, education, room and board and entertainment. These kids will never have to suffer or ask for anything again. The only adults in the State will be those appointed by me will those in a position to lead, educate, supervise, health care providers, etc.

3. I'd bring back 8-Track tapes and make them popular again.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jun 30, 2005 at 01:36 AM

billzeke write:

An interesting and excellent choice Cat. I went on a camera safari through Kenya and Tanzania years ago. It was a great trip. I was just looking at the slides a month or so ago. I had to buy a slide projector on E-bay to do it. lol. I hope you get to live your dream. No doubt you will be the best looking cat in all of Africa. My next dream is to travel through Alaska. I am going to do that next month.

Awwwh how sweet Bill thank you dahlin...I truly love nature...I bet it was the most breath taking trip ever! I hope I get to live out that dream myself one day :)
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 29, 2005 at 10:54 AM

Well, I would like to pack in work for several months, buy an old Landrover (or maybe even a new one!) and travel the old Silk Road to Samarkand.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 29, 2005 at 08:49 AM

If I had unlimited power and resources at my disposal? Not sure if you mean about improving the world (needs a lot of improving) or what we would do for ourselves so I will answer both.
    I would use my unlimited power and resources to try and end the hunger and starvation in the world. Tall order I know. If I were in charge of the funds coming in for that purpose they would go where they should and not in somebody's pocket. Children would have a better life. I would build schools and hospitals and parks. I would make sure that orphanages are clean and friendly places and that the children are well-taken care of and loved. (You wouldn't believe the horror stories I've heard about orphanages even here in Luxembourg).
    I couldn't possibly be everywhere at once to supervise things but since I would have unlimited power and resources I could hire trusted people to make sure there is no misusing of funds and that things are done properly. I would also use my own funds of course.
    There are so many things to improve in this world. But first and foremost create a better place for all the innocent children who suffer needlessly.

For myself? Oh I don't know. I'll think about it. I guess I'm not in a self-indulgent mood right now - all of a sudden.
    I wish I had the power to bring back loved ones who died too soon.
    Am I getting too morose here?
    Sorry....
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 29, 2005 at 08:14 AM

sharp1 write:

I agree with Lorrie...
    But I'd love to find the love of my life who will want to sail around the World. Of course, I need to learn to sail first! lol So far, my friends have done it all, but I'm good at steering! lol

I learned, but it's hard work, Sharp! Ask Zack.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 29, 2005 at 07:31 AM

LASTONENSTOCK write:
    I just want to FIND the love of my life....

I agree with Lorrie...
    But I'd love to find the love of my life who will want to sail around the World. Of course, I need to learn to sail first! lol So far, my friends have done it all, but I'm good at steering! lol
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 29, 2005 at 07:11 AM

TheCatsMeow65 write:
    Id love to go on an African Safari... my life dream...with the love of my life :) Ok sorry was dreaming remember?

I just want to FIND the love of my life....
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 29, 2005 at 06:28 AM

TheCatsMeow65 write:
    Id love to go on an African Safari... my life dream...with the love of my life :) Ok sorry was dreaming remember?

An interesting and excellent choice Cat. I went on a camera safari through Kenya and Tanzania years ago. It was a great trip. I was just looking at the slides a month or so ago. I had to buy a slide projector on E-bay to do it. lol. I hope you get to live your dream. No doubt you will be the best looking cat in all of Africa. My next dream is to travel through Alaska. I am going to do that next month.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 29, 2005 at 06:28 AM

Secret Desires----- Is to find the love of my life and be able to have a baby girl. I have two great boys. I would love to have 1-2 more children of my own. I want to be able to stay at home taking care of my children, husband, and home. Be able to take vacations.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 29, 2005 at 01:22 AM