THE ORIGINAL & LARGEST MILLIONAIRE DATING SINCE 2001

Long Distance Romance-do the work?? Message Board

• View author's info Posted on Jun 16, 2005 at 07:35 AM

Someone, anyone with a bit of experience on this subject.. do long distance romances ever result in anything long term? And I mean engagement or marriage? I understand with the conveniences today such as more frequent flights and cell phones, it is easier to stay in contact but how does one do it?? My last relationship was one state away, me in CA he in NV so it was only an hour flight tops and a 3-4 hour drive so not too bad. But what about on the other side of the country??
  • 36Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jul 07, 2005 at 09:05 AM

earnit22 write:
    Cats...I guess I'm going to have to figure something out.Hehehehehe

Yes Cats had ADD Im distracted easily
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 06, 2005 at 08:33 PM

Hi Scuba...What a wonderful relationship you had..I'm sorry...You have the beautufl memories that I'm sure with be with you forever..He is with you,and always will be(smile)..I would very much talk to you,and perhaps be here for you to share your beautiful memory's of what the both of you shared..Be strong,as I feel your advice would help others be stronger,and make them realize what true love is all about(smile)..If you feel you would like to talk more about your exspieance I would very much be interestedtalking to you,and just being able to be here for you. I do have the "hoo" with the yellow smiley,and will be happy to add you to my list of friends(smile)
    scubagirl1 write:
    My husband and I had a long distance relationship for three years and it worked wonderfully. We eventually married and had a wonderful marriage. Granted the relationship started with us living in the same city though.

• View author's info Posted on Jul 06, 2005 at 08:18 PM

Yes,Daiseegirl2..They do work..It does take alot of work,and effort by both involvrd,but when it is all done sit back,relax,and smile..It seems to be that all the hard work by both involved really makes it exciting,and worth every inch,and effort that both parties shared to make it all happen. Sooner or later one,or the other has to make a choice..That choice should be easy for one or the other,and,or both..I just know that it does work out(smile).If it would be me,I would make the call by talking to eachother to see if there is some sort of a compramise,but knowing in my mind,and heart that I would do whatever it takes in life to be in Luv & Happy,and nothing on this earth could ever get in my way of Loving,and spending the rest of my life with the woman That loves,and supports me..I would do what I have to do to keep the feelings,and love alive. No money in the world,or distance could keep me away from the woman I love..Just tskr it onr dsy st s time...I dord work..There is nothing mor important than sharing your life with the one whom lovrs you..No matter how far apart it my seem..It's not far,abd when 2 people that lovr rsch other,whill join as one(smile)...
    Someone, anyone with a bit of experience on this subject.. do long distance romances ever result in anything long term? And I mean engagement or marriage? I understand with the conveniences today such as more frequent flights and cell phones, it is easier to stay in contact but how does one do it?? My last relationship was one state away, me in CA he in NV so it was only an hour flight tops and a 3-4 hour drive so not too bad. But what about on the other side of the country??

• View author's info Posted on Jul 06, 2005 at 03:06 PM

maayan write:

Min, you think we got another candidate? ROFL ... earnit22, over here. Is half way around the world enough flying for you?

Maayan, I think it would be NO problem for him! Didn't he say flying is just like getting in a car?? So a flight around the world would be equivalent to .. what... let's say a 10-hour drive?? He doesn't even have to stop for gasoline or watch the speed limit on the highway AND he gets fed too, for free! And what a reward at the other end of the trip.... a lovely Maayan awaits in her long silky sarong, her feminine and soft perfume lingering in the air and bewitching any man who enters its aura (like the sirens and Ulysses), leaning against the big wooden balcony door with the white curtains softly swaying in the breeze behind her, and holding a small rose... ready to offer it to her beloved.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 06, 2005 at 03:55 AM

earnit22 write:
    I would/will travel as far as it takes or do whatever it takes to find the Love of my life..To me flying is just like getting in my car to go...I think though, I would eventually move closer to the one that makes me happy,completes my life,and love...

Finally! My kinda guy!!
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 05, 2005 at 05:56 AM

I would/will travel as far as it takes or do whatever it takes to find the Love of my life..To me flying is just like getting in my car to go...I think though, I would eventually move closer to the one that makes me happy,completes my life,and love...
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 30, 2005 at 03:28 PM

maayan write:

Ahhh when I was 30, you were groovy sweet, and now that am DOgrandma with no teeth, you claim no memory to all our hot asignations? I'm hurt!!!

I am sure that it's because you fried my brain things got so hot. I am recovered now, could we try again?
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 30, 2005 at 08:12 AM

maayan "we been shagging with mr wwwww too long anyway"

----------------------------

Someone is getting senile here and it isn't me. I would definately remember if shagged--I think. May need a memory jogger. lol
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 30, 2005 at 08:03 AM

Mandalena "As long as true love, chemistry and trust are present I personally consider the relationship a success."

-----

If you still have fond memories and friendship, grew as a person, etc. the relationship was worthwhile. Many relationship, as lovers or friends, have their time,place,and purpose, which may or may not end -- and may be out of your control as Mandalena said.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 30, 2005 at 07:21 AM

Mandalena (what a lovely name)
    You said it very nicely and I agree with you.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 30, 2005 at 06:31 AM

LDR, LTR., LAT, marriage, divorce, separation, single...whatever works and suits ..it is like different diet for different shapes and different tastes in food..
    NO one has the right answer , only those who are involved...
    that is why life and relationships have become so complex..only one thing does not change..our mortality..that is where we are all heading. so do we want to walk alone or walk in twos or walk with different partners at different junctions...the road is yours to choose..
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 30, 2005 at 06:20 AM

In my humble opinion, long distance relationships are based on what the individuals want and how committed they are in that particular relationship. I had a couple of long distance relationships and they were great while they lasted. My first long distance relationship was between 2 continents (me in Europe and him in North America) and ended in marriage. My last long distance relationship had two provinces between us and lasted close to 10 years; this was great as well. Unfortunately it ended for reasons beyond our control. As long as true love, chemistry and trust are present I personally consider the relationship a success. I will enter a long distance relationship again if the right man comes along. But I guess I have developed a tolerance for long distance. Fell free to e-mail me if you want more insides!
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 30, 2005 at 03:32 AM

Moonray77 write:

LMAO!! Good one, wwwwwwwwwwwww... so what you're saying then is that anything goes... 'cause you never know... right??

at first I was going to say, wwww you are so cynical. But then I read Moonray's remark. Much more sensible advice. I love the "anything goes" thing!! I think it's about time I applied that to my life too! I've been so sensible until now. "Sense and Sensibility" can be overrated sometimes. LOL
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 30, 2005 at 03:29 AM

Moonray77 write:

MINNIE!!! You are soooooo right on the nose all the time... and funny to boot!!! I really liked the "smoke signals" thing... HAHAHA... that was hilarious!! I'm going to have to try that... no seriously... LMAO!

I forgot carrier-pigeon. Better and cheaper actually to have letters delivered that way. And the recipient at the other end gets a free lunch too. Roasted pigeon.... hm hm hmmmm...
    OK, now I know I'll get lambasted for saying that!!
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 29, 2005 at 07:55 PM

wwwww123 write:
    LDR don't usually work,
    same town don't usually work
    same bed don't usually work either.

Maybe if you just don't kill each other, you have a good relationship by today's standards.

lol

LMAO!! Good one, wwwwwwwwwwwww... so what you're saying then is that anything goes... 'cause you never know... right??
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 29, 2005 at 05:15 PM

LDR don't usually work,
    same town don't usually work
    same bed don't usually work either.

Maybe if you just don't kill each other, you have a good relationship by today's standards.

lol
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 29, 2005 at 04:00 PM

Minerva415 write:
    Being the eternal optimist I think LDR's CAN work PROVIDED that:
    - both parties want the same thing and are serious about it and are not side-tracked by other emails or winks (in other words they both hide their profiles to make it clear to others that they are no longer romantically available)
    - they communicate regularly via every method known to man: email, text messaging, IM, phone, fax, smoke signals, etc etc...
    - they agree to give it a certain time frame before one or the other decides to relocate. That will be inevitable.
    LDR's are OK but as long as there is an end in sight! Otherwise: very frustrating being apart.

MINNIE!!! You are soooooo right on the nose all the time... and funny to boot!!! I really liked the "smoke signals" thing... HAHAHA... that was hilarious!! I'm going to have to try that... no seriously... LMAO!
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 28, 2005 at 10:26 PM

[let's see. I have had a 3.5 yr relationship with a woman in South Australia up until 3 months ago.The problem was more associated with the fact that she had been legaaly separated for almost 6 years now and still no divorce. I even became engaged to her 2 years ago and the ring...damn, the ring was custom made and cost as much as pre-owned Lexus.

SMART MOVE THEIR VOYAGE MAN -- FLOAT UPSTREAM
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 28, 2005 at 01:53 PM

Minerva415 write:
    Being the eternal optimist I think LDR's CAN work PROVIDED that:
    - both parties want the same thing and are serious about it and are not side-tracked by other emails or winks (in other words they both hide their profiles to make it clear to others that they are no longer romantically available)
    - they communicate regularly via every method known to man: email, text messaging, IM, phone, fax, smoke signals, etc etc...
    - they agree to give it a certain time frame before one or the other decides to relocate. That will be inevitable.
    LDR's are OK but as long as there is an end in sight! Otherwise: very frustrating being apart.

Granted LDR's are difficult, but maybe well worth it in the end when one relocates to be with the other. Everything Min says applies.