how does one protect themselves from a scam. i hav a lady from russia who wants to come visit me. she wants me to pay for here vis and travel ticket. how do i know its for real and wont get scammed. what can i do to protect myself.
A buddy of mine emailed with a Russian lady for about 8 months. He finally bought her a ticket. She used the ticket one way, he never met her. About 4 months after arriving the Feds were knocking on his door looking for her.
I dated a Russian lady I met locally for about 6 months. Suffice it to say, I stayed wary and that wariness paid off. Turns out the name she gave me wasn't her real name (found that out from the feds).
so what did you do, when someone asks for that it is not 100% she might only not simply have money not rich! you Americans take everything as scam or as terrorism, maybe you should think do you really like her is it worthy the effort, have you spoken to her on other internet devices like skype or Facetime or what'sapp to verify her and know her better .... you can't just rely on written words and photos must be something more solid to make you want to follow up and really want to see her in person.
So stop being lazy. And get your own of everything. If Russian women are so rich and if Russian men are so rich the Russian men should take good care of them. No need for nutsy , "Scams". I hate scamers of any kinds.
What are you feeling in your gut? That flutter you feel in your heart may not be lust but your gut telling this move may be a wrong one. TRUST BUT VERIFY. If you can't verify everything about that person you can't trust, no matter how much you are in love or lust.
Hello dear ! I can help you , what to do ..... I am Russian lady and have same situation before , my man invite me to live with him to Holland . When she really love you , she can come to you and you can pay for ticket , when she already with you , or you go to Russia and come back tygether ! Hugs -- Julia
It's amazing how many people are ready to give advice on the subject without having the slightest idea about the Russian culture, mentality, psychology, history, or outlook on life. Traveling to 78 countries or having met a few Russian women in Hollywood doesn't make you an expert on intercultural marriages.
Let me dispel some of the common misconceptions about Russia, including the current state of economy, and preferences of Russian women.
1. Moscow is currently one of the wealthiest cities in the world where the concept of luxury and style is an essential component of an every day life of a Russian woman. Hence her desire to find a wealthy man to keep up or compete with her girl- friends. ( If everyone has a mink coat in Russia, why can't I have one too?) Russian society, just like American society, has certain expectations, and everyone is doing their best to meet them.
2. From a psychological standpoint, there is another reason for their quest for a rich man: for a majority of Russian women wealth is associated with POWER and (what is even more important!) SEX APPEAL, so having a rich husband (preferably the one who made his fortune himself without inheriting it from his mommy and daddy) equals having a powerful and sexy partner.
2. From an economical standpoint, there are more millionaires and billlionaires in Russia than in any other country, so it's foolish to think that most Russians girls are dying to marry an American millionaire. Besides, most Russian millionaires/billionaires are more generous with gifts and tokens of affection than their American counterparts. (Take,for example, Vlad Doronin and Naomi ).
3. Saying or implying that all Russian women are scammers or gold diggers is just like saying that all American men are cheap. Every culture has its good and bad, so there is no need to generalize.
4. Yes, most Russian women don't take crap from anyone, and I hate to rain on your parade, but making them sign a prenuptial would equal giving them crap. Most of them will despise you after that. Do you want to know why? First of all, if you don't trust her with your finances, how can you trust her with her life? Every relationship is based on trust. If there is no trust, how are you going to sleep in the same bed with her??? Secondly, if you are thinking about protecting yourself, it shows how insecure you are and INSECURITY in the eyes of a Russian woman means WEAKNESS. And if you are weak, your money means nothing, and she will automatically loose respect for you.
5. Again, I am not generalizing, but some American men looking to conquer the heart of a Russian woman ( millionaires or not) need to learn one thing, perhaps the most important thing in this world - how to grow some balls. That's an asset that every Russian woman admires!
NEVER send money! The best way for you to figure out of you are dealing with a scammer is to fly to Russia and meet them life through an agency or jsut go the museums, bars and walk around and speak to them. I have friends who have done the Online Bride thing and it nearly cost him his fortune. It is a very risky business dealing with Russian import brides. Russian woman (those who come here) are often stone cold and tough and will destroy a guy for money after having been married for a few years. I've seen that a lot.
The way my friends figured it out that their gorgous bride was planning to scam their hubbies was by wiring the home phones. Have an iron clad but fair prenuptial and NEVER tell them (or anyone) how much money or business you have and NEVER give them control (or anyone for that matter) over your accounts. Most marriages end up in divorce anyway so this rule applies to all bleeding heart romantics that end up broke or drained after a divorce war. It is usually the ruthless lawyers you end up fighting, not the pretty woman you married. I've helped a few friends with their divorce and it took a lot of effort to subdue the lawers and these gold diggers. Let me leave it at that. "Own nothing (on paper) but Control everything" is the trick to longterm wealth.
Most people don't know Russian men! When American men speak softly and try relationship therapy a Russian bloke will beat the living shit out of his wife or gf...that is why these Russian beauties come to Europe and the US. Also, there are not that many wealthy Russians compared to the enormous pool of millionars in the US. Men who are educated, usually reasonable and not about to strike a woman when she looks at the waiter just a few secongs too long to his taste.
I meet a LOT of Russian women in Hollywood (acctresses wannabe's) and they ALL tell me how rude, aggressive and absurd Russian men treat them. Russian men, are often drunks who out-drink the Irish and that is near impossible to do. Then, I've seen it when I was in Russia. Women there clammored around me just to get the hell out of there. And then, of course, I am very tall (six seven) which most Russian men are not. Woman appear to love well built tall men.
Then, while not all Rusian woman are gorgeous, far from it, those who are beat every beauty standard known in the US. Not many woman in the US are about six feet tall, have real pear shaped breasts, perfect skin, an angelic face and charm. Most woman in the US, especially the cuter ones, are fake breasted, bottle blonds who manipulate men without also knowing the tricks to keep him happy. I've dated a few Russian woman and I can tell you how incredible their sex drive was compared to most other women. When a Russian beauty goes for round four her American counter part is whining about pain and being tired...give me a break! Russian woman are also often smart and very driven and don't take crap from anyone. Of course, I am generalizing since there are millions of women in Russia who are sweet, soft, compliant and beautiful...but for some reason I don't get to meet them in Hollywood...lol