THE ORIGINAL & LARGEST MILLIONAIRE DATING SINCE 2001

Will you cancel date with someone for political beliefs? Lifestyle

• View author's info Posted on Mar 29, 2016 at 08:05 PM

A lady updatd her stats  "it's sad when you like someone but then you don't because you find out their pocitical beliefs."

He messaged her and saying "you think differently of me because I'm a republican?" and she said "yes I do and I dont think we should go out", he said "wow that's the lamest reason I have ever heard" and she said "republicans dont care about people"

My friend told her "being republican doesn't make me a bad person, I would view you as a bad person for this, have a nice life"!

Members Only

• 6Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jun 30, 2018 at 08:04 PM

Quoting author:

A lady updatd her stats  "it's sad when you like someone but then you don't because you find out their pocitical beliefs."

He messaged her and saying "you think differently of me because I'm a republican?" and she said "yes I do and I dont think we should go out", he said "wow that's the lamest reason I have ever heard" and she said "republicans dont care about people"

My friend told her "being republican doesn't make me a bad person, I would view you as a bad person for this, have a nice life"!

She is obvious she is very unyielding; nor, does she know how to articulately communicate with others with opposing opinions/views. I find this type of person daft. He should count his blessings that he dodged that bullet!

• View author's info Posted on May 13, 2016 at 07:12 PM

I think everyone has that one idea or belief they just won't cross or cave in on. My experience is that it's usually religious or political.   I say you should stand up for your core beliefs.  However, if you can't figure out your date partner is going to be a mismatch before you go on the date, then you didn't ask enough questions up front.  Don't waste your time or the other parties time.

• View author's info Posted on May 05, 2016 at 02:59 PM

Hmmm! Me thinks it was just an excuse.  Get out of jail card.  Person was just not interested.

• View author's info Posted on May 03, 2016 at 08:59 PM

You know it is the individuals prerogative to even entertain in the first instance a potential date and building a relationship, if those ideals in their lives are so strongly woven, then your chances of making it work would be pretty much off the cards from the beginning Beatricexie

You only need to look over profiles here to see that people have to lay themselves on the line from the outset so as to not confuse the issue hence the reason for a profile, religious belief systems among political are some of the most controversial elements you can ever be faced with and you need to be able to either accept that in one another that it well have no baring on your lives in the future or the tolerance is null and void and you part your ways in the early stages, because it well just be doomed to fail.

Many a demise where you are unequally yoke, unless you have the strength and non judgemental attitude to say let bygones be bygones where these controversial subjects come up, don't try and change me and vice versa, but that takes real strength of character and some just are not prepared to be that tolerant of others belief systems and lets face it you don't want to be at logger heads, so it just is not worth the emotional roller coaster ride.

• View author's info Posted on Apr 04, 2016 at 11:47 AM

I refuse to go out with anyone that would refuse to go out with someone because of their political beliefs  :Q

---

The truth is that we are discussing meta issues.   That is, Republican/Democrat are abstractions terms that describe major life views.

I am not going to describe what my opponent's political party beleive in because I think that telling other people what they believe is arrogant, malicious and a bad idea.

I will tell you that I personally believe in:

• Judging people on themselves, not what other's think about them or any group they belong too.
    • Strong government to enforce fair rules for all.
    • Not everyone can defend themselves, so the government must spend more of it's effort defending the weak and less powerful. (The powerful can take care of themselves far better than the government can).
    • The right to privacy.
    • Being poor/week/stupid does not remove or negate your rights.
    • Freedom of speech, thought, religion, and economy make for a better society - but those apply to all, not just those in power, so you can't use those rights to remove similar rights of other people.
    • Capitalism does not work perfectly for all resources allocation, and in particular, wealthy people should not be allowed to purchase certain things that are of utmost need to other people merely because they have more money.  This includes slaves, human organs, medicine, air, water, pollution rights, retirement savings, other legal rights, etc - no matter how much I personally want to own slaves, kidneys, nude photos, etc. etc.
    • You can't trust people to do what they say they will, you have to verify it and punish - particularly those in power to punish others.

These political beliefs are very important to me.  I doubt I could date anyone that disbelieved in them.  Anyone that thinks it is OK to take nude photos of someone without their permission is not someone I want to date.  No matter how good those pictures are.   It's wrong and think that way means you are not someone I want to date.

Yes, a lot of people don't bother to explore what the opposit'e person actually believes in, and just despises the name "Democrat" or "Republican".  But that is a different problem, not the one you are describing. That's just prejudice, not actual politics.  There may be a  lot of prejudice in politics, but is still a seperate issue.

• View author's info Posted on Apr 02, 2016 at 10:07 PM

Good day to you Beatricexie, that situation could be considered shallow,  love is not base on a political belief,  but however some individuals are so wrapped up in to themselves that it would be almost impossible to give them a brighter view. 

What I have learned over the years is, that we have a lot of individuals who have been taught/infused with a lot of myth/mythical beliefs that has confused a multitude of people when it comes to dating, relationships,  friendships, love etc.

People have strange reason why they want date, I recently talk with a beautiful lady and she stated to me that she would never date a certain type of race, she shared with me that information but it was only one race, but all others she said she would.  I shared with her that it was probably that race that would be the best fit for her, that race she was afraid to date. 

I blame those who spread a lot of myth, hate and stupidity that has kept millions from their true love. However I do believe that while race or any situation that keeps one from exploring friendship true love etc, you have to use wisdom when being open to new forms of dating. 

You have to be equally yoke to make a relationship work, especially for a lifetime,  but to date and have friendship one should welcome  diversity. Don't welcome foolishness nor hate or any other type of stupidity.