When do you lose all interest? Dating Tips and Advices Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Dec 18, 2018 at 03:47 PM

Here is a question for the crowd: "Is there something is a profile that stops you cold and makes you lose interest?"

I believe we would all agree that there are things we don't care for in a partner.... but others would not even see the issue. For me, after reading too many profiles would include-

Multiple photos of your cat, dog, boat and car; 20 photos of you in slightly different poses, 25 photos of you in bars; photos of your Mom... oh, that is the current photo?, and any photo of a motorcycle,

statements about how you require First Class travel and 5 star hotels, comments that they are looking for "a real man", generally negative comments about the members of the opposite sex, 

and... the Profile not completed at all with a few words tossed and a single "part of the face" photo- 

What is it for you? Don't hold back... tell us

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 11Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jan 30, 2019 at 10:32 AM

Quoting author:

Here is a question for the crowd: "Is there something is a profile that stops you cold and makes you lose interest?"

I believe we would all agree that there are things we don't care for in a partner.... but others would not even see the issue. For me, after reading too many profiles would include-

Multiple photos of your cat, dog, boat and car; 20 photos of you in slightly different poses, 25 photos of you in bars; photos of your Mom... oh, that is the current photo?, and any photo of a motorcycle,

statements about how you require First Class travel and 5 star hotels, comments that they are looking for "a real man", generally negative comments about the members of the opposite sex, 

and... the Profile not completed at all with a few words tossed and a single "part of the face" photo- 

What is it for you? Don't hold back... tell us

I would second most of this, maybe with the exception of the motorcycle. I wouldn't mind a woman who rides a motorcycle, but I would still like her to be feminine in appearance.

The stereotypical gold-digger statements about first class travel and rants about the opposite sex are instant turnoffs for me, but not info in the bio is definitely a deal breaker.... unless they send me a personalized email addressing things specific to my own profile description. that tell me they at least took the time to look mine over. 

• View author's info Posted on Jan 28, 2019 at 06:56 AM

When I see '_______fill in the blank_________ supporters swipe left'.  Who is so one dimensional and closed minded to think a potential partner can have room for interests outside of politics.  Kind of like a dating litmus test.....

• View author's info Posted on Jan 25, 2019 at 04:24 PM

That is also my pet peeve ! I like to look into a mans soul.

• View author's info Posted on Jan 21, 2019 at 09:44 PM

You gotta speak English good - oops, sorry: You have to speak English well. I am constantly aggravated by misspelled and misused words on a vast number of blogs/posts across the Internet. I'm not talking about someone struggling with English as a second language (although it would be nice if they had what they wrote on the World Wide Web proofed by someone who can speak English, or UK/US variants which are both valid), I'm talking about misuse of to and too, there and their, your and you'r, its and it's, plus a host of grammatical errors like using an adjective (good) instead of an adverb (well) to qualify a verb (speak). Well anyway, that's when I move on, and if a rant is when you move on, all I can say is the OP asked...

• View author's info Posted on Jan 16, 2019 at 03:07 PM

For me it's lack of photos or no photo, i know it's good to be discrete at times but with the online world you do need that first impression to see if they are your type or not before building a connection :)

• View author's info Posted on Jan 13, 2019 at 07:55 PM

The photos with 5 men and you are suppose to guess at which one he is.

• View author's info Posted on Jan 10, 2019 at 06:13 AM

I would say the profile is a pretty good indication about a person, if you're not drawn to them by how they portray themselves, then it's probably your inner intuition kicking in and pretty wise to run with it.

• View author's info Posted on Dec 21, 2018 at 09:13 AM

I am turned off if a man has no manners, his description containing mainly the word: I... boasting how good looking he is, (depends on the viewer), thinking they are well travelled having seen 10 countries in one week, pretending to be eduacated but have no basic knowledge about anything..Men who think, they can buy everything.

My grandmother had a simple word for people showing off their wealth: Parvenue. It was the worst she could say about somebody.

• View author's info Posted on Dec 20, 2018 at 03:03 AM

I dunno.  When they say they are conservative.  and want a conservative match gotta be from west Texas oil country or sumthin.

• View author's info Posted on Dec 19, 2018 at 06:42 PM

please take off your sunglasses.

• View author's info Posted on Dec 19, 2018 at 11:03 AM

Hi Glenn, The part I like least is how some guys on this site think their the only ones with the money and even more insecure to think that the "only reason we need them is for their money." Well I hate to break the news but I haven't worked in Six years and its NOT becuase I'm lazy its because I'm to Rich to have to work. I just sit around in expensive restaurants chowing down on Filet Mignon steaks all day long. So Bored as I don't even know what work is!  I Prefer to be the millionaire like in Arthur who gets plastered and rolks down my window to poke my Cane at all the Rich SNOBS!

Follow - email me when people comment