Citizenship Comments and Suggestions Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Apr 22, 2018 at 05:15 PM

There should be an option just for those who are interested to marry so that they can become Citizens of another country.

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 7Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jun 27, 2018 at 03:54 PM

I believe they have websites where men can go to marry a woman from another country and she gets her citizenship. If that is what someone wants then coming to a regular dating website seems anti-productive to their goal as I wouldn't think many people on here would be up for that type of arrangement. 

• View author's info Posted on May 12, 2018 at 09:51 PM

It's a conundrum, but I hope a site like MM is not the place for an arrangement for gaining citizenship.

There are lots of sites out there where its a given the person is looking to gain a different life.

• View author's info Posted on Apr 30, 2018 at 11:34 AM

I'm pretty sure that's illegal, I'm sure there are plenty of sites with such loop hole. Such would be, Russian  brides, Latin American brides, Filipino brides, ect. Granted the sites don't have, "I will marry you for a green card", we know that's the underline arrangement, granted the pair are compatible.

• View author's info Posted on Apr 26, 2018 at 10:02 AM

With respect any offer of money for marriage or offer of marriage for  citizenship is basically a form of slavery. I can understand the choice of another culture as the home culture may be too male orientated. But any  marriage should be based on mutual attraction.

• View author's info Posted on Apr 26, 2018 at 01:27 AM

Hi BusinessMarriage,

in my opinion, you slightly missed the purpose of dating sites and you hugely missed the point of what it means to help war victims, refugees, displaces persons and people living in poverty.

As someone who worked with war refugees, displaced persons and political refugees (Bosnians, Iranians), I know a thing or two about that subject matter.

Cyndi

• View author's info Posted on Apr 25, 2018 at 07:05 PM

Hi CyndiTN,

With respect to your reply, you slightly missed the value of my suggestion.

There are many people around the world that beg to get out of their country, for many serious reasons, such as war, genocide and poverty.  A person with good character would look into a request to get married with one of those people and help him/her live a life with dignity.  Money is not the issue, as you thought, it is a chance to live like a human being supposed to live.  Sustainable happiness and love are not plucked from a tree, you have to work hard on them, daily.

I know you appreciate my request a little bit more now!  Thank you!

Enjoy your freedom,

Fred

• View author's info Posted on Apr 23, 2018 at 04:22 AM

Interesting idea. I'm not sure that would be legal, but no doubt some members signed up here primarily with that idea in mind. However, I wonder why anyone here on the "supply" side would agree (knowingly) to such a marriage. Money is the only reason I can come up with, but how much exactly would you "charge" for giving up your freedom, personal space etc. etc. to live with someone you don't love for several years until they obtain the desired passport? I know I wouldn't do it even for a million euros.

Btw, I've had three proposals to marry non-Europeans in exchange for money so far and I found that disqusting. When people ask me how it feels to be in the EU (Croatia became an EU member in 2013), I tell them the only difference I see is in the number of marriage proposals I receive :) What surprised me most was that these men did not want to marry just anyone - they wanted a good looking and educated woman. Really, since when can beggars be choosers?!

Follow - email me when people comment