Can anyone explain this? Comments and Suggestions Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Feb 24, 2010 at 01:40 PM

I have found things a little strange since joining.

I get quite a few winks, but when I go to check their profile, I find that most of them have either "hidden their profile" or they "can't be found"

What's that about? Why would you hide your profile from a person you have just winked at? 

I thought at first, that maybe someone had just started contacting another member and therfor hid their profile even though they had maybe just winked at a few others before they started the contact.

But, does this account for most of the people who have winked at me?

Has anyone else had this issue?

To be fair, when I get the "hidden profile" message, it does say that I could email the person through the site to ask them to reveal their profile, but I don't think that will have much success, after all, why did they wink at me then hide themselves in the first place?

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 24Comments

• View author's info Posted on Oct 07, 2018 at 05:35 AM

They are all fake profiles : that's the only explanation. I made the same experience...Some of them have even fake pictures on their profile, pictures that you can find on Facebook profile or whatever.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 26, 2018 at 09:55 PM

Quoting silverlady1960:

I have found things a little strange since joining.

I get quite a few winks, but when I go to check their profile, I find that most of them have either "hidden their profile" or they "can't be found"

What's that about? Why would you hide your profile from a person you have just winked at? 

I thought at first, that maybe someone had just started contacting another member and therfor hid their profile even though they had maybe just winked at a few others before they started the contact.

But, does this account for most of the people who have winked at me?

Has anyone else had this issue?

To be fair, when I get the "hidden profile" message, it does say that I could email the person through the site to ask them to reveal their profile, but I don't think that will have much success, after all, why did they wink at me then hide themselves in the first place?
    Hi MM peeps, this post was posted Feb 24,2010...

• View author's info Posted on Sep 25, 2018 at 06:21 PM

That has happened to me more times than I can account for SilverLady1960 I just assumed it was a glitch in the system at first, but as it continued to happen I came to the conclusion it is either members that wink and then delete their profiles after they have had fun winking everyone they felt like sending a wink too.

Though also it could be they are actually married or in a relationship and just enjoy sending winks to people they might like, but don't want to go any further, so quickly delete their profiles or hide themselves.

Either-way I look at it in a positive light, at least they took the time to even send a wink in the first place just to say you were worth winking at, so that at least is not a negative.

• View author's info Posted on Sep 08, 2018 at 12:19 AM

Funny indeed lol!!
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 30, 2018 at 08:42 AM

very true
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 30, 2018 at 08:41 AM

I believe they send winks out so you dont go away and ask for your money back, is pretty much a scam I would say, I have been in every website there is and this one looks fake.  I have had many good friends and dates from other websites.  I have only been here for like 2 days and I knew is was not going to work out and I knew it was prearranged messages.  I want my money back, but I am sure it will not happen.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 27, 2018 at 12:11 AM

They did not wink at you chances are, I think the site generates responses and nudges.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 18, 2018 at 07:12 PM

Almost every wink I receive says user is not available. i'm currently, not a paying member. Is this because they have their profile blocked to non-paying members, they have been banned by MM or they closed their account? If the site appeared legit and successful in finding a sincere, stable man, I would gladly pay for the membership!
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 18, 2018 at 07:05 PM

If you create one, let me know!!
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 16, 2018 at 01:35 PM

I am getting winks but no one responds back but I am new to this.  When I got a wink yesterday with no photo I went to his page and not available.  I suspect it is a married man to hide profile from his wife.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 03, 2018 at 02:55 PM

I just read about a woman who was paying, and wouldn't find a guy, she was in another site, but her story is pretty much what some of use have experienced here. She was not able to find what she was looking for, so she was compromising, even then, she was just paying, and meting not what she was hoping too. Called customer service, as they were renewing her account, but she contacted them to let them know she was not interested in the site. So, they told her that she still needed to pay, as the subscription was still active, but she called them and told they to then just give them her money back as she pay and got nothing in return. They kept insisting that she was not going to pay and she was taking them to court. All of the sudden, as she was leaving, she started getting bombarded with lots of handsome men profiles. Just like the ones she was hoping to find when she joined. So that gave her some hope, she got the attention of two men, and she communicated  with both, but after a bit, she started to feel that something was odd. It seem like she was communicating with just one, and passing as two suitors, at the end when she wanted to meet them in person, they were no where to be found. Just another scammer dating site, playing with peoples feelings and hopes. I am so glad I read her story.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 03, 2018 at 02:41 PM

and when they remove the scammers, do you tell the person who was involved with the scammer? I mean isn't it better to just say, we just removed a scammer, instead? why just do it and not let the person know? 
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 03, 2018 at 02:37 PM

why don't you show us your profile? Are you invested in this site?
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 03, 2018 at 02:34 PM

yes! As a matter of fact , I was here to address that. I have the feeling,  and I am going to assume you are not a subscriber?, because that is the only way for them to do this. Since we don't pay, they tease us, using who knows, generic profiles? fake profiles, so when we see this handsome men's pictures and their down to earth, and caring man profiles, they do this so we in turn subscribe to meet these wonderful  men, who we must pay to see their hidden profiles,that  most likely don't exist. At the same time, I am sure that the ones paying, are not able to find the right woman, because they need them here so they can leaving their money in this site. I have already feel like I am right about this...Most dating sites are not here to care about us, but to make millions and breaking hearts...I will continue to search for a genuine dating site. I would not mind to pay, as long as I know I am dealing with a good and ethical business, and if I don't find one, I think I will just look into creating one....
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 16, 2014 at 07:30 PM

I'm not sure if your profile is blocked when you add something new. If it is, this should be changed, in order to keep the original profile intact and then add the new items after they have been approved. My take on the sudden dissapperance, is that maybe you don't reply in a certain time frame, so they cut you out to move along to the next profile. Just my thought on the subject.

• View author's info Posted on Oct 20, 2013 at 01:48 PM

You are not the only one and now everyone else feels better because of your courage to come forth and speak the truth.

• View author's info Posted on Sep 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Three of the posts here say "This User is not available", including someone that complained about the situation.

I find that very funny.

• View author's info Posted on May 14, 2012 at 07:31 AM

These profiles could have been removed by MMCounselor because someome reported them as a scammer.  Be glad you did not have to deal with the scammers on this site (and there are many).  This site takes scammers seriously and does a great job of removing them.  Check out the scammer blog and see if his/her photo is on there.
  • View author's info Posted on May 13, 2012 at 09:35 PM

No...you are not the only one this happens to. There has got to be a better system, this is very frustrating and I will probably cancel my membership because I would say 95% of the time someone winks and you click on it, their profiles are hidden...how ridiculous....so I tend to skip right over them also. MM should change the way this is handled!!
    It is a waste of all of our time.
Follow - email me when people comment