THE ORIGINAL & LARGEST MILLIONAIRE DATING SINCE 2001

Is it based on some decisions men make? Dating Tips and Advices

• View author's info Posted on Jun 15, 2016 at 01:22 AM

What do you think if men with lots of money marry women of far far less economic value? Seems many wealthy men prefer doing this like the hottest one recently Johnny Depp.

• 3Comments

• View author's info Posted on Aug 14, 2016 at 11:24 AM

Quoting author:

What do you think if men with lots of money marry women of far far less economic value? Seems many wealthy men prefer doing this like the hottest one recently Johnny Depp.

It won't last long term - but likely that's not his ultimate goal.

And one could just as easily ask - what do you think of women who look to marry a rich man of any age? It takes two ya know.

• View author's info Posted on Aug 05, 2016 at 02:29 AM

This is an age old problem which I don't think we can answer in this life.  I saw a book with the title "Why men love bitches". Haven't read it but the answer maybe lies in this book

• View author's info Posted on Jul 21, 2016 at 10:53 AM

I think there are several different factors in play.

First, the 'bad' one.  It clearly gives the men a position of power in the relationship.  She can't leave without significantly reducing her life style, so she puts up with more shit.   But note I put the word 'bad' in quotes.  Relationships are complicated and in every one there is a reacher and the settler.  The settler always has more power.  Also some people (men and women) LIKE that power dynamic - men sometimes pay a lot of money to be dominated - and women sometimes go looking for men to dominate them.   So the desire for more power in the relationship is not inherently evil, though obviously it can be abused.

Secondly, wealth is not really a function of personal character.  There are lots of very capable people that for various reasons never become wealthy and there are lots of totally incompetent people that end up wealthy - at least for a short time (lottery winners and sports stars come to mind).   So you might be a total douchebag that can't possibly attact someone that wasn't interest in your money. 

Thirdly, the standards for men and women's attractiveness are radically different.   It is very, very difficult to meat both sets of standards.  Men's attractiveness is based on power, which is highly correlated to wealth.  Women's attractiveness is based on beauty, which is NOT correlated with wealth.

That is, it is likely for a woman to be in the top 100 most 'eligible' women in the city, while the wealthiest single women in the city are NOT on that list at all.   At the same time, the top 100 most eligible men are almost all cetainly well off, if not wealthy and few if any of the single wealthy men would not be on the list.

As any wealthy women will tell you it is VERY hard to find a man that fits both the male and female standards of beauty and also is likeable.   Similarly, men no that it is almost impossible to find a woman that fits both the male and female standards of beauty and is also likeable.   Many (but not all) wealthy men solve this delimea by simply saying "I don't care about the women's wealth".

So when the most attractive men get together with the most attractive women, you get wealthy men dating beautiful (but poor) women.   You also get some wealthy women dating handsome (but poor) men.

The main difference is that the wealthy men end up marrying the women - putting their wealth at risk, while the women don't put their wealth at risk and refuse to marry the poor men.