It’s every person-in-a-relationship’s worst nightmare—infidelity.
You think you’re happy. You plan your lives together. After all, you’ve invested so much in the relationship—emotionally, physically, and even financially (Hello, joint bank account).
But then you have this nagging feeling that won’t go away. Your natural instinct seems to be warning you that your partner is cheating.
Here are some telltale signs to look out for and help you determine your next move.
• Sudden impulsive behavior. Having an affair can make people feel young and reckless again, and this can manifest in a sudden desire to do things that you already relegated to your younger selves. If you know your partner to be someone conservative or introverted and all of a sudden he/she wants to party every night, you should be really curious about his/her motivation.
• Jealous no more. All of a sudden, your partner is teasing you about how other people are checking you out or how your mailman has a secret crush on you. This, coming from your usually crazy jealous partner. This is definitely a red flag which indicates that your partner is ridden with guilt, and is trying to justify his/her extramarital attractions.
• The confused treatment. Every time you probe for details, your partner seems at a loss. Sure, it could be stress from work or lack of sleep. But it could also be that your partner is confused by his/her own string of lies and that he/she is having a hard time keeping up and making it consistent.
• Mobile at hand, all the time. This physical sign is easily one of the most common manifestations of a cheating partner. Unless your partner’s job requires him/her to be on the phone all the time, you should be at least curious when your partner is seemingly attached to his/her mobile device.
• Bleak future. If your partner is no longer as interested in long-term planning with you or is not as concerned about the direction of your relationship five years from now, it’s a sign that something (or someone) in the present is keeping him/her distracted.
Infidelity in a relationship is a serious and sensitive matter. How you move forward is a decision that no one else can make for you, so approach it with a clear heart and a focused mind especially if there’s a lot at stake.
If and when you do find out that your partner is cheating on you, what should you do? How will you move forward?
Watch out for our next blog post on dealing with the fact that your partner cheated on you.
A strong and stable relationship is not built on the absence of conflict. Conflict is inevitable—whether it’s about deciding which restaurant to eat in on your anniversary or visiting the in-laws this weekend.
The key to a smooth-sailing relationship is the couple’s ability to manage conflict in a mature and healthy way.
Of course, this sounds easier said than done. When you or your partner is emotionally charged, the hardest thing to do is be rational and calm. But if you want your relationship to work out and you want your partner to be
THE one, managing conflict should be part of your ready set of skills.
Where to begin? Here are some expert tips.
No yelling and no name-calling. Raising your voice and calling your partner a ‘twit’ is not going to diffuse the tension in any way. If anything, it’s just going to give your partner another reason to be upset and to prolong the argument. Stick to the issues, and as much as possible, DO NOT yell. (It may also help to think about the other people in the house who may get dragged into the argument if you turn up the volume, kids most especially.)
Try to focus on where you went wrong (and right), not on who did wrong (or right). Try to isolate yourself, and your partner, from the situation. This is important to avoid finger-pointing and blaming.
If you can, try to be the first to apologize. Even if your partner does not seem ready to do so. Even if you feel and you know that you are right. Apologize for making your partner upset, and then proceed to explain your side of the story. Apologizing is also a sign of how much you love your partner because you are more interested in reconciling than proving how right you are.
If the anger is too intense that you cannot control it, walk away, for a short while. Sometimes, creating physical space between you and your partner while emotions are high is the best option to better resolve the conflict. When you walk away, however, know that it should be temporary (and not too far away; don’t go on an island holiday in the middle of a conflict), and that the intent is still to make up with your partner.
Do not bring up mistakes from the past. Otherwise, you’ll never stop fighting. Focus on the issues today. And keep in mind that both of you are guilty of doing or saying hurtful things in the past but you’ve chosen to stay together and move on anyway. If that’s still what you want, then focus on solving the problem now.
Relationships, particularly the romantic type, really do tend to get difficult after the honeymoon stage. But they don’t have to be, if you know how to handle the tricky situations that can ruin the foundation of your relationship. Always focus on the long-term; don’t sweat the small things. And be realistic—your partner, and you, are not perfect.
So stop fighting, kiss and make up (*wink, wink*)!
There are many people who dream of being able to date and even marry someone who is rich, successful and can provide them with an enriched and secure life. However, dating a millionaire isn’t always easy, as they are not only very busy people in most cases but they generally tend to have a lot of other people who are interested in them, albeit for the wrong reasons. However, if you are serious about wanting to meet a millionaire partner not just because of financial security but in order to develop a long and loving relationship, there are a number of useful tips for dating a millionaire that could help.
Tips to boost your chances of successfully dating a millionaire
If you want to increase your chances of successful dating a millionaire, here are a few valuable tips that could prove helpful:
• Get to know them first: It is always a good idea to get to know any prospective partner first before arranging a meeting, and this is particularly true when it comes to millionaires because it can help to make that first meeting far less daunting and intimidating. Joining a good, reputable millionaire dating site provides you with the perfect platform, as you can build a rapport and really get to know the person before you arrange to meet them face to face.
• Avoid focusing on finances: When you are speaking to a millionaire, you can easily find yourself falling into the trap where all you talk about is money and finances. However, this is something that you should avoid, as most millionaires who are looking for a partner want someone who is interested in them rather than in their financial status. Therefore, avoid talking money with them and instead focus on the person.
• Brush up on etiquette: Making sure you are familiar with millionaire dating etiquette is vital, particularly before you actually meet up in person. Make sure you take some time to brush up on millionaire dating etiquette, which covers everything from how to dress for the occasion to how to act and, what to talk about.
• Opt for classy and sophisticated: When it comes to meeting up with a potential millionaire partner, try not to go over the top when it comes to things such as clothing, make-up and hair. Most millionaires will be used to mixing with people who are elegant, classy and sophisticated so this is the look that you should aim for if you are looking to develop a serious and long-term relationship with someone rich and successful.
• Exercise patience: Most millionaires have earned their wealth rather than inherited it, which means that they tend to be busy people. This is something that you need to take into consideration, which means exercising patience and understanding when it comes to their time constraints. Avoid being pushy and expecting them to neglect their work or business, as this will come across as needy and off-putting. Instead, go with the flow and let things run their course smoothly and naturally.
Armed with these tips, you should find that the whole process of meeting and dating a millionaire is easier and your chances of developing a long term relationship are enhanced.
In today’s modern world there are many men who are interested in dating a rich and successful woman and this could be for a variety of reasons. It may be that you prefer to date a woman who is educated, professional and has financial security or you may be successful and wealthy yourself so you prefer to date someone with a similar background and success levels. Either way, it is important to put some thought into how best to meet a rich woman with a view to dating and romance.
Whatever your financial situation, if you are interested in dating a rich woman you need to make sure you get it right first time. No woman is going to appreciate a man who simply appears to be with her because she is successful and rich so make sure that you are looking for a rich woman for the right reasons – to meet someone savvy, educated, professional, financially secure, and most importantly someone that you can also forge a serious relationship with based on romance and love.
Valuable tips to bear in mind
Bearing in mind a number of key tips can help to make life easier if you are keen to meet and date a rich woman. Some considerations that you need to take into account include:
• Rich women are often busy women: Many rich and successful women have got where they are by working hard, which means that they may not always have time to go out socialising. It is therefore worth looking at other options, such as using specialist dating sites designed for wealthy people in order to meet and date a rich woman. Even rich and successful women want to find someone special so this could be the perfect way to meet the ideal woman.
• Discerning tastes of rich women: Most rich women are likely to have discerning tastes when it comes to socialising, so don’t head to the local pub and expect to bump into someone perfect. Think about the best places to go, such as upmarket bars, clubs or restaurants depending on your age group. By making sure you hang out at the right places, you can boost the chances of meeting and getting to know a rich woman.
• Don’t talk finances: While you may be looking for a rich woman the last thing you want to do is give the impression of being interested in her money and little else! Make sure you avoid the whole subject of money if you do meet someone, even if you are wealthy and successful in your own right. This will enable you to get started on an even keel and you can both work out whether there is a spark there.
• Don’t expect her to pay for everything: Whatever your own financial situation, one thing you should never do is expect her to foot the bill for everything just because she is wealthy. Be a proper gentleman and make sure you wine and dine her just as you would a woman who was not financially well off.
These tips can help to ensure that you not only get to meet a rich woman to date but that you are also more likely to enjoy a long term relationship with her.
People of wealth often appear to be larger than life, and a new data from MillionaireMatch.com reveals that, for men, many of them actually are. According to data obtained from the profiles of the richest men on Millionaire Match, it appears that men with money also tend to be taller than their average counterparts.
According to several international studies, the average height of a male is roughly 5'9", give or take a couple of inches. 60% of the certified millionaire male members on MillionaireMatch.com fit into this range. However, while less than ten percent of the men fell below world averages, nearly a third of the millionaires on MillioniareMatch are at least six feet or taller.
Bill Gates- 5' 10"
Currently the richest man in the world, with over $80 billion, Bill Gates is technically taller than the average man. The former CEO of Microsoft has always had big ideas, and height or no height, he has grown into one of the biggest names in the world of technology.
Carlos Slim Helú - 5' 8"
The Mexican telecommunications mogul may measure 5'8", but the average height in Mexico is closer to 5'5", making him taller than most men in his country. Worth approximately $80 billion, the CEO of Telmex and América Móvil certainly fits the bill of larger than life millionaires... or in his case, billion
Warren Buffett- 5' 10"
At 5'10", Warren Buffett falls into that slightly taller than average category. His net worth of $69 billion, however, is anything but average. The chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway is known for being one of the most respected businessmen on the planet and despite his record breaking donation of $2.8 billion to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, he remains the third richest man in the world.
Amancio Ortega- height unknown
Amancio Ortega may be one of the exceptions to this rule, but his net worth of $58 billion more than makes up for what he may be lacking in the height department. The exact height of the world's richest retailer is not readily available, however, we think that the fact that he owns 26 high-value properties around the world, including the iconic Torre Picasso, a 43-story skyscraper in Madrid which boasts Google as a tenant, makes any potential shortcoming irrelevant.
Larry Ellison- 6' 3"
The co-founder, CTO, and executive chairman of Oracle Corporation seems to have it all... tall, dark, handsome, and ridiculously wealthy. With a net worth of an estimated $49 billion, Larry Ellison is a Silicon Valley giant in more than just height. Though he may have recently stepped down as CEO of the multinational corporation, Ellison has not given up making his mark on the world, and has purchased the Hawaiian island of Lanai with hopes of transforming it into "the first economically viable 100%-green community."
The Koch Brothers- over 6'2"
The exact height of the Koch brothers is not listed, however, it has been noted that both Charles and David are taller than their brother Frederick, who measures 6'2". The brothers share control of America's second largest private company, Koch Industries, and are each worth approximately $42 billion. The Koch's give new meaning to the saying "Go big or go home", and in addition to their height and wealth, both are known for giving sizeable donations to various organizations.