Why are there so many insecure men? Look I know no one is perfect. I am far from perfect myself. However, learning to embrace your flaws and accept them will only make you much more secure with yourself. Overall, your great self-esteem will flourish and loving yourself is soooo irresistable! Not having a young looking trophy gal hanging off of your arm isn't going to make you feel all better. It'll just be a quick temporary band-aid fixer upper. Once the band-aid falls off the scar will and still be there and never go away. With this being said, if you don't love yourself, the next person you get with will only use you and not really love you for who you really are. They will be as fake as Barbie. If you do not like a certain behavior in others, look within yourself to find the roots of what discomforts you.
“Insecurity is the worst sense that lovers feel: sometimes the most humdrum desireless marriage seems better. Insecurity twists meanings and poisons trust.” ~Graham Greene
“All this emphasis on youth - I don’t buy it. Listen, I know what a misery being young can be, so don’t tell me it’s so great. All these kids who came to me with their struggles, their strife, their feelings of inadequacy, their sense that life was miserable, so bad they wanted to kill themselves... and in addition to all the miseries, the young are not wise. They have very little understanding about life. Who wants to live everyday when you don’t know what’s going on? When people are manipulating you, telling you to buy this perfume and you’ll be beautiful, or this pair of jeans and you’ll be sexy - and you believe them! It’s such nonsense.” ~ Morrie Schwartz
I tried to post this earlier, but it failed. Sorry if it is a Dupe.
OK, imageine you lived in a world where:
1) No one EVER asked you out. NOT once in your entire life.
2) No guy EVER bought you a drink, or gave you a single compliment in a dating situation.
3) Guys routinely treated you as if you only after one thing - their money.
4) When you finally managed to get the nerve up to aska guy out (because they won't ask you out), he rejects you. So do the next 8 guys you ask out.
5) The 10th guy you ask out says yes - but makes you pay for dinner.
6) Found that beauty sallons refused to service you and that stores refused to sell you nice clothing. You could only get in if your parents had lifetime memberships and they forgot to sign you up.
Because that is the life most guys live in. We get zero compliments, zero positive feedback, and women treat us like absolute dirt until after they start dating us.
Whereas a woman can make herself look good with surgery and dieting, male attractiveness is mostly about height and job. In effect, the majority of guys that want to make themselves more attractive simply can NOT do it.
When it comes to self esteem and insecurity, our culture is desinged to put men through the ringer. A few come out looking fantastic, but the most get dinged up quite a bit.