Here is an article from another dating website. Actually, one of the reasons I joined this site is that millionairematch has, relatively speaking, a better quality clientele than . . . well, I can't name those other websites, but trust me on this, millionairematch is better. This site has it's jerks, but they are relatively few and far between.
Anyway, here goes:
Men, learn how to behave on dating and personals sites.
Being a man and also being the owner of a dating site myself I have to tell all my fellow men that you are chasing all the women away. Most of you anyway. Women are keen on how we behave because most of us all behave the same way on dating sites. Here is a list of DO's and DON'TS to help keep the women at these sites and to help you get some responses.
1) DON'T copy and paste 25 exactly same emails and send them off. Women see right through this and it get's you no-where. Ever wonder why you don't get responses? That's the first reason. DO send individual emails and put some thought into contacting women on these dating sites. REMEMBER: women get 100 emails a day from all sorts of guys. If your email has no heart then you just go over-looked.
2) DO spell check your email, women are so turned off by a guy that cannot spell it shows you are either stupid or just lazy. The same thing goes for grammar. Take some time to get it right guys and you will get a response.
3) DON'T choose a nickname that has a sexual innuendo (unless you are on an adult dating site). Remember, women usually like men with some class and Roger_69sU shows that you just want a one night stand. Try something more clever.
4) DON'T contact single women if you are married. It is a waste of their time and is an insult. DO read their profile and see if they are interested in married men.
5) DON'T lie. DON'T lie. DON'T lie. Enough said.
6) DO not send women pictures of your "privates". They will ask if they want to see that. DO send them a nice picture that shows your sense of humor or style.
7) DON'T just send an email after you see their picture. DO read their profile first.
8) DON'T harass women that are not interested. This ruins the site for everyone and could very well get you banned from the dating site forever. Many sites now have reporting features for this very reason. DO treat all others on the site as though you were talking in person to them. You would harass them to their face would you?
This is just a small list of some of the incredibly stupid things guys are doing on Internet dating and singles sites. Now of course there are some great guys out there that are honestly looking for a nice date or relationship so any women reading this, just bear with us, we men are slowing catching up and figuring it out.
Hope this article helps.
Leif Croonquist is 34 years old and lives in Portland, Oregon.
Ok, so I winked you, replied to a post, sent you an e-mail and still no reply, lol. JK sweetie! I had to state that to you in reply to your post.
As a gentleman, I like my lady to show the interest first. It sends a definate message (Green Light) of interest to let me know she actually is interested in me. As for the shot you stated my dear, I have a shotgun, want to load that shot in it and point it my way, lol? Watch my reply to you darling. I stated it earlier to you, you are one sexy and hot lady! Just reiterating my comment to you lady!
PS. I just wanted to tease you just a wee lil bit! He-He.
Maybe that is what I'm doing wrong: I'm emailing guys I think would be nice to start up a conversation and see if there was really a posibility to meet.
Have to honest, though, most men don't answer a wink or an email. I think that it is polite to answer a wink or an email, even if it is to say thanks, not interested but good luck. Am I that ugly they can't risk a simple response like that?
Do any of you really respond or post for the ratings of members, such as noting whether someone consistently does not respond to winks or emails?