#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Millionaires who are online > What is your solution to end poverty Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
What is your solution to end poverty
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 27, 2006 18:21

If you were called upon to assist in ending poverty, how would you go about doing that?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 19, 2008 09:51

SO LONG SELF AND
GOODBYE STATUS QUO

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 12, 2006 03:11

Hi\Thanks for taking the time to respond. I have already taken on the responsibliy of aleviating poverty here in the US. I agree with your assessment. It does take a number of elements to eradicate the cycle that people succumb to. Education is the first step. It is a colossal endeavor and I believe that it can be conquered one step at a time with the help of an organized plan. If not for leaders to take on responsibility, then the world might be a nighmare of existence. SO as a leader, I know the solutiona dn I feel a responsibility to share that for the better of others.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Nov 02, 2006 23:12

xBabsx wrote:
> ending poverty

End of envy and end of social feelings yields end of poverty.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 01, 2006 13:21

xBabsx who looks like Angelina Jolie...what is your own opinion on how you would go about ending poverty?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 01, 2006 13:00

I'm not sure poverty can truly be obliterated, but I do think a dent can be made.
Poverty exists for a variety of reasons. There is not one common cure for all the diseases in the World, nor is there one answer to ending poverty. Each scenario is unique and truly can only be dealty with as an individual case, in order for the solution to be effective. Unfortunately, the numbers are overwhelming, therefore, such action impossible.
Education is definitely the answer, but depending on the situation and where one lives in the World they type of education will vary.
The younger the candidates you are trying to educate the better.
For instance, in the say a place like Chicago or NYC in the 'ghetto' areas. They have lived in poverty generation after generation. It is all they know. Often their belief is that there 'ain't no way' they can better themselves except via a life of stealing or selling drugs. (not all) I'll venture to say there are more followers than leaders in this World. This would be more the mindset of a follower. It's self defeating. Adults would be more difficult to educate than small children. And I'm not talking about education thru academics alone, but increasing their self-esteem. Teaching them to trust & have confidence in themselves that through hard work and perseverance, they can change their lives for the better. It would require small groups that give a personal feeling. In large groups, one just becomes a number...impersonal leads to lack of interest and participation by the individuals you are trying to help.
This is such a vast concept, it can't possibly be discussed here.
A country like Equador or Africa with vast deserts would require educating them on farming skills, planting, irrigating to make them more self-sufficient...growing their own food. Acceptance of other races, religions, etc. Educating everyone that it is better to work as a team than as one.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 01, 2006 05:50

Please realize that anything I write hear is only a personal opinion based on my unique experiences and thoughts.

First I would redefine poverty. In my humble opinion there is no poverty in these united States. Everyone who complains about having it lives better than 90% of the rest of the world. Ever notice that 99% of the so called poverty people are considerably overweight. That doesn't seem to indicate poverty. Anyone who eats even one warm meal a week is doing better than the kings and queens did not too many years ago. So poverty seems to be a definition of being in the bottom xxx%. Guess what, there will always be a bottom xxx% no matter how much is out there.

Second Poverty is a state of mind. My exwife is poor I am not. Yet we just split our assets with her getting over 50% of the wealth. Identical balance sheets and income, definitely different outlooks. No amount of money will deprive her of her right to be poor. The is tremendous amount of difference between being poor and not having any money.

So what is the answer to your question. I would say education, not necessarily in the traditional sense. Wayne Dwyer's book "Intentions" should be a mandatory study. Teaching people how to live and provide for themselves is also important. A fundamental value for me and it should be for anyone who lives comfortably is to assist others who are incapable, due to infirmities, age, mental illness, etc. But that should always be on a voluntary basis, never using the force of government.

The only person you can really control is yourself, so make sure you are not poor. Then we can help the others.