#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Off topics > Share experiences about people with personality disorders Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Share experiences about people with personality disorders
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 27, 2005 18:54

I know "belle" - we belong to the same Union though in different States and different Locals, and the very least I can say of her is she knows how to SPELL.

Peace out bro

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 27, 2005 05:05

all praise the mighty ahembella allah, my favorite goddess from Allahabama.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 23, 2005 17:30

Well I just found out a couple of weeks ago that my sister is by-polar. That would explain why she has a quick temper but I love her all the same and she is actually doing well. Although I do feel bad for people who have problems such as these, because it can literally destroy them, their life and their relationship with others around them. Unfortunately medication doesn't work for everyone. What's even worse is that many people have disorders that aren't aware of the problem and think it's normal to behave in strange ways. But then again what is normal now days?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 12, 2005 22:31

bobsthename write:
oh ahmbelle I love it when you talk so intellectual like. will you marry me?

ahmbelle...get the feeling you're being stalked...oops! I mean chased! lol Sheesh...didn't he already ask you this question on another thread...then turned it around to say "might" marry you? Well he's quoted this time...no "might" in the question! lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 11, 2005 16:09

oh ahmbelle I love it when you talk so intellectual like. will you marry me?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 08, 2005 19:49

larrye2001 write:
blondeindian,my point exactly, G_D made us all different and who one earth can say this one is normal and this one is NOT. G_D also says it is HIS job to judge .G_D created people we call NOT NORMAL for a reason, when you understand the reason you ask the question"Who is normal in the eyes of G_D and who is normal in the eyes of MAN, is G_D crazy or is man crazy.

god is the answer for me, i could not have made it without his strength in my life, it is sad that anyone has to live with imperfections, i think about the person with no legs and eyes, i sound like a big baby compared to what some very strong people have to deal with on this earth...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 05, 2005 12:03

blondeindian,my point exactly, G_D made us all different and who one earth can say this one is normal and this one is NOT. G_D also says it is HIS job to judge .G_D created people we call NOT NORMAL for a reason, when you understand the reason you ask the question"Who is normal in the eyes of G_D and who is normal in the eyes of MAN, is G_D crazy or is man crazy.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 05, 2005 11:41

1234562006 write:
Statuesque!
Anyone calling you a "pig" must be suffering from a very, very serious mental disorder!!!

Well of coarse they are..lol. I mean take one look at Stats. She is gorgeous articulate and extremely intelligent not to even mention her kindess to others.

Stats4 knows very well they are unbalanced after all her specialty is Psychiatry....WINK

Ahhhh to all the lovelies that experience this crap...just tell them to bugger off with a Scottish accent or else a GLASWEGION KISS is to come their way....it always works as they really hurt....Snicker Snicker

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 05, 2005 05:59

ahmbelle write:
I might add Manic-Depressive illness as an Axis I, NOT Axis II - but there are MANY OTHERS as well that ARE treatable - you WWWWWWW are talking about a non treatable/medication affecting disorder that is rather common - in fact studies show that over 1/4 of "normal" functioning, rational 'adults' show SIGNS of a "Personality disorder", but CANNOT BE clinically labeled as an Axis II diagnosis.

I hope I've made myself clear - if not e-mail me and I can explain your misunderstanding/misinterpretations/misdiagnosis more personally and refer you to actually relevant reading material on the subject of Personality Disorders.

I think you offer answers instead of sorrowful remarks on a illness and i really respect a profs/med. with respect, i would listen to your comments on manic, because you lay it out there.it is hard to try and be perfect when you are not, you may look it, but it is part of our differences as humans, and makes us who we are in this life...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 05, 2005 05:34

I have had many conversations with a Doctor who has discovered a direct correlation between adults with undiagnosed ADD or ADHD and the use of methamphetamine (ICE). He found that a majority of users over 25 were self medicating their disorders. Further more- he found that if they were put on ADD medication- they were able to switch from using the illegal street drugs to the prescription drugs in the same day- replacing one with the other.
Traditionally- ADD medication are meth based- but he found the same success rate using the newer non stimulant types that are made specifically for adults.

He also discovered that sending ADD meth addicts to rehab always nearly fails long term- the reason being that when an ADD person uses meth- they see an improvement in their life function.He discovered that regardless of the amount they used- it didn't get them "high"- it got them organized. They did not use it socially to "party" - they used it alone to become motivated to go to work- and to continue to stay at work. In fact that ADD users experienced the opposite effects that it would have on non ADD users- such as it caused them to become hungry, calmed them down when angry and even is used to help them fall asleep.

For Add users- getting clean is to give up their ability to function successfully in life- the reality for them is they just need to be on the right drugs- not drug free. Currently in the US there's not one drug rehab center or program that takes ADD into consideration. They don't even allow patients to take non stimulant ADD meds while in treatment. This can ruin any hope of stability.He found the best way is to replace one with the other without time off in between- that he has had almost 100% long term success-

His goal is to change the way the medication is regulated- currently- they wont allow any form of ADD medication to be prescribed to patients that have a history of meth use. Making the cure to their addiction unavailable to take.

To me that falls in the same category as our welfare system's only dental care option is pulling teeth. Even a small cavity - the tooth will be pulled out- then they wonder why these people can't get jobs! Who wants to hire people with teeth missing- we are sealing their fate by yanking their teeth. Government didn't think that idea thru.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 04, 2005 06:13

I have a younger sister who is bi-polar and refuses to take any medication for it. For those who want to debate use of meds for this, don't bother with me because you will never convince me otherwise. There are physiological reasons for this disorder that are not going to change by say psycho therapy.

In my case, I simply choose (unfortunately) to not spend time with her in public. It can simply become too embarrassing and too much drama. It is extremely difficult to deal with bi-polar people. The mood swings are extreme (thus the name, I suppose)and virtually instantaneous. One minute they can be happy (usually exaggerated happiness)and anything can trigger a 180 degree turn, whether that be displayed through saddness or anger (and again, the mood is extreme).

So I guess my bottom line advice is make a choice: persuade them to get - and take regularly - medication, live with the mood swings or choose not to be a part of their drama.

Good luck, my cyberspace friend!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 04, 2005 06:09

I have a younger sister who is bi-polar and refuses to take any medication for it. For those who want to debate use of meds for this, don't bother with me because you will never convince me otherwise. There are physiological reasons for this disorder that are not going to change by say psycho therapy.

In my case, I simply choose (unfortunately) to not spend time with her in public. It can simply become too embarrassing and too much drama. It is extremely difficult to deal with bi-polar people. The mood swings are extreme (thus the name, I suppose)and virtually instantaneous. One minute they can be happy (usually exaggerated happiness)and anything can trigger a 180 degree turn, whether that be displayed through saddness or anger (and again, the mood is extreme).

So I guess my bottom line advice is make a choice: persuade them to get - and take regularly - medication, live with the mood swings or choose not to be a part of their drama.

Good luck, my cyberspace friend!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 03, 2005 17:48

I want my BPD...money for nothing and your chicks for free.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 02, 2005 06:35

larrye2001 write:
Give me the name of some one normal that I can compare against.
I don't know any normal except for that guy that is in my mirror while I'm shaving, he looks normal but he never talks.

What we call abnormal was called normal at one time, until someone gave it a name and called it abnormal.

We don't give the normal an abnormal name until there is a drug to be sold that can cure it.

here is your answer:
GOD DOESN'T MAKE JUNK...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 01, 2005 17:14

Give me the name of some one normal that I can compare against.
I don't know any normal except for that guy that is in my mirror while I'm shaving, he looks normal but he never talks.

What we call abnormal was called normal at one time, until someone gave it a name and called it abnormal.

We don't give the normal an abnormal name until there is a drug to be sold that can cure it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 01, 2005 16:04

statuesque4u write:
1234562006 write:
Well done, Blonde.

RESPECT!!!

But just don't lose your fire.

Hi, Divine!

Weelassy might be able to give you an expert opinion, but from a lay person like me, I can only guess that such men suffer from major inferior complexes as well as a lack of respect for every induvidual's freedom of choice. I think rejection hurts everyone, but distinguishes people by how they deal with it. If they turn on you, I think that was a good decision to reject them in the first place, since they must have previuosly demontrated that they do not respect you.
But then again, it depends on how you explained your reasons for the rejection?

One of my favorite types of men are the one who write to you with words like sexy, beautiful, all the usual ones. Wanting to meet you. then it's nothing but sex. Now i love sex but for me as well as others, on the first or second conversation their "generosity", endowments" and "prowess" are nothing more than what it says. These people don't respect any women. The second step to this one is a pleasant turn down in I don't believe so style. etc. then here comes. You look like a pig and are old and wrinkly.. I love it as i am neither. One minute beautiful and sexy the next a pig and old!!!!! There EGOS are gigantic and can NOT take rejection. Pitiful type of men. Not much good for but one thing.......

do you want me to go get them,lol
that is so wrong, no respect,and that shows some anger mang. problems, which goes with men sometimes, not really becoming either, sorry doll...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 01, 2005 12:38

statue they need glasses if they called you that. i think youre cute

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 30, 2005 11:50

1234562006 write:
Well done, Blonde.

RESPECT!!!

But just don't lose your fire.

Hi, Divine!

Weelassy might be able to give you an expert opinion, but from a lay person like me, I can only guess that such men suffer from major inferior complexes as well as a lack of respect for every induvidual's freedom of choice. I think rejection hurts everyone, but distinguishes people by how they deal with it. If they turn on you, I think that was a good decision to reject them in the first place, since they must have previuosly demontrated that they do not respect you.
But then again, it depends on how you explained your reasons for the rejection?

One of my favorite types of men are the one who write to you with words like sexy, beautiful, all the usual ones. Wanting to meet you. then it's nothing but sex. Now i love sex but for me as well as others, on the first or second conversation their "generosity", endowments" and "prowess" are nothing more than what it says. These people don't respect any women. The second step to this one is a pleasant turn down in I don't believe so style. etc. then here comes. You look like a pig and are old and wrinkly.. I love it as i am neither. One minute beautiful and sexy the next a pig and old!!!!! There EGOS are gigantic and can NOT take rejection. Pitiful type of men. Not much good for but one thing.......

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 29, 2005 06:39

sorry to anyone affended by any comments i made, to weelassy1 also...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 27, 2005 19:02

Studies show that most people who commit suicide don't really want to die- they want to be saved. This of course is not the case of building jumpers. I think the man who planned it out and told people what he intended to do was trying to cry out for help-

The girl with the 11pm curfew- I must be from a different kind of community- Here in Hawaii- even a 10pm curfew while in high school is normal. At age 30, I moved briefly in with my parents while looking for a home- I had an 11pm curfew! (My Mom didn't want to loose sleep wondering when I was going to come home)

What is it about some guys and their ego? They get so hostile when you turn them down- even when they know they aren't what you are looking for.They verbally attack- cutting you down. They get just as mad if you don't answer at all. Is this a disorder?