#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Off topics > Share experiences about people with personality disorders Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Share experiences about people with personality disorders
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 20, 2005 09:40

Remember, just because you are paranoid does not mean that you are not being stalked.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 19, 2005 18:03

i am so sorry you had that experience with your girl friend yes it is a horror story to see a friend kill herself but i must tell you that their brains are trapped in that one way thinking where they never feel good, when these emtotional problems are not addressed with physical detox or alternative healing the depression increases and increases till the person is trapped into that feeling. the trick is to get out that feel thourgh advanced healing and allowing yourself to be open to it let me refer you to something his name is Ben Oofana, put it on a search engine and you will find his whole perspective on how to overcome overwheming feelings, problem is out medical society is really a murder society they don't get rid of diseases they maintain them also religion is a big killer becuause it does not follow the rhythmn of life it follows improper ideas that make person emotioanally sick. i was born into a Hindu family and i don't see a point in it the pujas etc. I see the spritual aspect wonderful like Yoga. and speaking of Yoga it helps heal depression and many ilnesses but i myself is a first had example of mental illnesses I had experinced and still do experience depression anxiety mania obbessive compulsive disorder and attention hyperactive disorder and I used to some borderline symptoms i know what its like and i survived the worse of it on a OUtward Bound Course with no medication and suffered for 25 years with no and wrong medication that is why I m not as attractive as theother woman on this site. ANyway i hope i helped...But now I am in remission even though im not as attractive as most woman on this site I am not giving up in achieving what they have achieved one day I will be that attractive, and ready i now attend a day mental program 4 days a week, I take my meds, i see a psychiatrist, I attend my groups I attend my one to one sessions and talk to people in the facility I trust, so in a way i am a mental illness success story because I take my meds I fucntion like I don't have the illness, and yes i wanted to commit suicide back in highschool and journaling changed my mind I saw how precious my life was TO ME now Im in my starting point in life trying to live it and accomplish many things that will allow me to be independant ...Sincerely Rakhee Roy

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 15, 2005 20:09

Dear Bonnie,
So sorry about your friends. Oprah recently did a show on post-natal depression and suicide is one of the issues there. The hormones and nutrition are apparently totally out of whack, in addition to whatever psych. issues are un-resolved. Sounds really tough. Sorry for your losses. Blondance. (Not a therapist, but a business psychologist.)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 13, 2005 23:30

continued

Hare's view is supported by two studies, including the research of British
psychologists Belinda Board and Katarina Fritzon, who administered personality
tests to 39 high-level executives and found them to be egocentric, exploitative and lacking in empathy -- in short, "successful psychopaths."

Whether this boss-as-psychopath theory is sound science is, of course,
debatable. But the folks at Fast Company have taken this serious idea and run
with it, producing an entertaining eight-page package that also includes a
goofy quiz on how to tell whether your boss is psycho -- "Does he have a
grandiose sense of self-worth?" -- and a cover portrait of J. Montgomery Burns,
the beady-eyed evil capitalist from "The Simpsons."

Best of all are the deliciously nasty mini-portraits of "Bosses From Hell," a
category that includes many of America's most famous executives, past and
present:

Ford: "Used shadowy henchmen to run
secret police' who spied on employees ... cheated on his wife with his teenage personal assistant and then had the
younger woman marry his chauffeur as a cover."

Hammer: "Bribed his way through the oil business. Laundered money for Soviet
spies. ... Then promoted himself for the Nobel Peace Prize."

Disney: "A dictatorial boss who underpaid his workers ... made anti-Semitic smears ... cooperated with Sen. Joseph McCarthy."

"Chainsaw" Al Dunlop: His divorce was granted on grounds of "extreme cruelty."
That's the characteristic that endeared him to Wall Street, which applauded
when he fired 11,000 workers at Scott Paper, then another 6,000 (half the labor force) at Sunbeam.

Andrew Fastow: "So hot-headed that he once got into a punch-out with a taxi
driver over 70 cents. Pocket change indeed compared to the $24 million of
illicit gains the Enron CFO agreed to give back when he pleaded guilty to
securities fraud."

No wonder Hare has created a test to screen potential CEOs for psychopathic
behavior before they're hired. "We screen police officers, teachers," he says. "Why not people who are going to handle billions of dollars?"

Well, Alan Deutschman, who wrote the Fast Company story, suggests one good
reason why not: Companies would use the test not to weed out psychopaths but to
hire them.

"It's easier for them to act callously and remorselessly," Deutschman writes,
"which is exactly what their backers want."

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 12, 2005 23:19

Psychopaths know how to take good care of business
--------------------

By Peter Carlson
The Washington Post

July 11, 2005

WASHINGTON -- Finally, a business magazine has asked a question on many folks'
minds: "Is Your Boss a Psychopath?"

The magazine is Fast Company and its answer to that question is: Yes, your boss
might very well be a psychopath. After all, many of America's legendary titans
of industry exhibited symptoms of psychopathy -- folks such as Henry Ford,
Armand Hammer, even Walt Disney.

Psychopaths are people who are amoral, ruthless, pathologically selfish and
utterly unburdened by qualms of conscience. You find a lot of these folks in
prisons. You can also find them in corporate boardrooms, the magazine reports.

"I always said that if I wasn't studying psychopaths in prison, I'd do it at
the stock exchange," Canadian psychologist Robert Hare told Fast Company.

Hare, 71, is one of the world's foremost experts on psychopaths. He developed
the "Psychopathy Checklist," which has been used to diagnose psychopaths for 25
years, and the "P-Scan," which is widely used by police departments to screen
out psychopaths among recruits. Hare sees similarities between the psychopaths
he has studied -- Mafia hit men and sex offenders -- and the corporate crooks
behind the Enron and WorldCom scandals.

Man or monster?

"These are callous, cold-blooded individuals," he says. "They don't care that
you have thoughts and feelings. They have no sense of guilt or remorse."

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 07, 2005 23:47

I certainly haven't had any luck with dealing with, or helping people with severe disorders, except for the few that I helped get on meds. Its beyond my capabilities. Denial is the biggest problem to getting help.

wwwww

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jun 29, 2005 14:39

fun4two write:

Bonnie88 write:
This must be Mad Sunday Morning syndrome..

CAtching up with Fun4..it is infectious Fun..:)...teeheeteehheee

MSMS ... interesting ... I think we could do some research ... possibly get a huge research grant ... in the states, not difficult ... and we could play like this all the time ... at the tax payer's expense ... you game?

~Smiles

all we need is infect enough people with it and be labelled with the same symptoms..we are on a roll...lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jun 29, 2005 14:10

StarVoyager write:
Would someone with this particular disorder even know that they have it? Would they themselves feel the changes?

Is this the same for most disorders? Do the patienst even know they have a problem?

And if meeting someone like that for the very first time could just anyone recognise a disorder in a person if they had one?

If someone has lets say, Bi-Polar, and I didn't recognize it right off or maybe even months, but when I did and I were to say something to that person what would their normal reaction be?

Probably the normal reaction if you told someone they had a disorder would be denial and a counterattack. The hard part about helping someone is the admission that they have a problem. Some people go their whole lives without treatment or help because they will not admit that they need help.

Many disorders are not active all the time. In fact, the frequency often is used as part of the final diagnosis.

And, then some people have multiple problems - not all are always active.

It's complicated but worth learning about. I think that about 95 percent of the troubles in relationships are caused by various disorders.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jun 28, 2005 22:41

I belive normal people can pick up any type of illness, as well as sick people become permantly well. I belive if you have self respect you can get yourself proper help and positive tings will start to happen in your life. I dont think people should always belive what doctors say about them. From personail experince my doctor was wrong.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jun 20, 2005 14:37

wwwww123 write:
If anyone has any experience with a bi-polar (manic depressant), I would love to have them describe them how they act in manic stage. (ie shoping sprees, high energy, etc.)

Some clinical type of information on narsistic, or real life experinces with borderline personality disorder person would also be informative.

OK 5ws...I can't believe I found another interesting thread ugh...I may as well camp at my computer :(
I have had experience with this first hand grrrr My X husband...I have never been around someone like this till him...how he hid it until I said I do..I have no idea...Guess that's what I get for rushing into it! I kept telling him Im no Dr but I think you are bipolar and it can be fixed if you take meds. He can go from big ole teddy bear to a raving maniac in 1 second flat...it's the scariest thing to see and experience. They are either way up here or way down there..no middle ground. Hes a workaholic, never wrong, points blame everywhere aside himself, irresponsible w/money, rude, crude, has no respect for anyones feelings...shall I go on?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jun 20, 2005 09:58

StarVoyager write:
Would someone with this particular disorder even know that they have it? Would they themselves feel the changes?

Voyager, Wwwww123,

This is 123th posting in this thread and seems it's time to close it :-)

Order and read "for fun" the "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders" (American Psychiatric Association)

You may need to know all that, or at least to have an impression ... to forget and not to afraid.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 18, 2005 22:38

This must be Mad Sunday Morning syndrome..

CAtching up with Fun4..it is infectious Fun..:)...teeheeteehheee

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jun 14, 2005 12:35

I agree

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jun 14, 2005 10:50

babydol write:
We had this discussion about MD and PhD back when Minerva asked who is the better one to see... I answered with what the differences are...if anyone cares to read that far back

babydol, you spoke of MD's and PHD's But what About Natural Ways of Treating these types of Disorders?

I have been reading through this thread, and there are many things to treat and conquer these types of deseases. Did you Know that the Neurons that were mentioned can be enhanced by Simple exercise, and a healthier Diet? Try this, if you have a time when you are in a rut, or thinking in a depressive manner, or upset, GO EXCERCISE, Now treatments utilizing Western Medicines are Covering up the desease and treating the Symptoms, When in Fact certain Herbs, proper Exercise, and Diet can CURE the desease, I have seen this and In Other countries Take a Look at the statistics as compared to the Countries where Western Medicine is a way of Life. It is TRUE and it is VERY Evident in Our society today, and it all Strts with Our Young as in these times they are tought These ways, With the advent of The Computer the exersize, and Eating right, and Herbs are not tought to our Young HENCE the Statistics GROW!

I Say Go surfing, Ride A chopper and Get laid! Thatll do it everytime!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 11, 2005 17:47

Did I mention being held captive by this crazy guy back in January of this year?? I thought i did but maybe not.. Anyway.... Glad to have gotten out of it alive.... I should write a book...Hi all!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 31, 2005 22:51

Hello Garbinocat- the personalities are important, as they help the person to deal with the big fears...or with some other emotions.../ for the talking cure, usually the professionals who do it, do not prescribe medication...those who prescribe it are psychiatrists and doctors.../ ans finally, what is most important, is not the title of the professional, is the competence to listen to the suffering of the individual and to help him/her....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 18, 2005 13:15

PhD cannot prescribe meds.
Only a MD.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 16, 2005 22:58

Hello Mr. WWW...I am curious on which web you could ge the definitions...I would say that PsyD means doctor in psychoanalysis which is very different of a Psychologist (who can also be a PsyD, as psychiatrists can be)...there are tons of orientations in Psychology, as in psychoanalysis, but their work is rather different....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 16, 2005 22:47

Mr Cub, (following my post 13th) thank you, : that the husband "endured" so many years his ill spouse is not "adequate" help, is hell if I can say this, especially if they had children, the husband had to be given support by specialized people in this illness to inform him how to deal with all this and learn how to cope (there are specific interventions that exist). And also especially give help to the kids...(how many years have they witnesses their momy's crises?? this is my big question).
As for the crisis repeating an "addiction", I would say, that we don't know what is repeated (it can be manyt things), only the ill lady can say... if she would get out 1 day of her state of mind. typically (but might be not known by the public, I dont Know), in a progressive therapeutical environment who respects the path of the ill person, there can be easily 3 big crisis approx...that could be intensively accompagnied...bey verbalizing them....Ideally...this could be the first step...then, everybody, especially the lady...is recomended therapy long term...or until she feels better...but in anycase...these things...have deep roots...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 16, 2005 17:41

An excellent lesson for all Moon, thanks for sharing.