#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Cultures and Education > Is it really important to understand different cultures? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Is it really important to understand different cultures?
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 23, 2005 02:52

Maayan " that have stolen my land"

Who are you speaking about? Its hard to answer such a statement without knowing.

But I will say, that most lands were stolen by the people who are currently sitting on them from someone else back in history. It may have been 20000 years ago, but few DNA/ genes are in the same location since the beginning of mankind.

Now if you could dig up some really old fossils withe the same DNA as yours, I will try my best to get your land back.

But, then if I found that the people who stole the land from you have the same DNA as you , I would really be confused wouldn't I. It would really be funny if I found that you are really the same people, just different religions, sort of like the Baptist and the Methodist in the US.

OMG, I just started a war in the US between the Methodist and the Baptist.

That is how foolish it really is.

wwwww

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 23, 2005 02:26

"I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one."

amen

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 23, 2005 02:16

Bonnie:
"all nations and people need education,food, health and a better distribution of opportunities and wealth..if world leaders focus on working for those basic needs perhaps peoples of all nation would have less cause to die for fanatic causes."

Most of the 9/11 terrorist were Saudi.

The Saudi do nothing really for their wealth, just su*ck out of the ground what was formed there millions of years ago.

There are plenty of educational opportunities, money, jobs, etc. there. However, apparently very few want to work at the tough jobs or work much at all. They import people to do all major tasks. Now, why were the terrorist from Saudi? Could it be because they hate all people from all of the other religions in the world?

Further, when was the last time you bought something made anywhere in the middle east. I have never even seen a product made there? It certainly isn't because of the lack of investment money or educational opportunities. They apparently had rather fight someone than work peacefully with people in the same country. Its crazy, or maybe I am just dumb.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 22, 2005 23:22

Sharp,
YOu are right about US being an innocent do gooder infant ...opening a can of worms with too powerful a can opener and cutting himself with it in the process..
'rushing in where angels fear to tread ' is probably an apt description here..without understanding thoroughly the history, the culture, the cause of such deep frightening resentment and anger caused by their religious fanaticism.and poverty ,we are in danger of stepping into a mine-field so massive and complicated that the cost of their peace could be our own lives and our own peace..
NOt enough of alternative routes to peace have been explored..all nations and people need education,food, health and a better distribution of opportunities and wealth..if world leaders focus on working for those basic needs perhaps peoples of all nation would have less cause to die for fanatic causes..
as Gandhi once said: 'This world has enough for everyone's needs but not everyone's greed'..
There is enough religion for us all to ahte but not enough for us to love...
There are enough natural disasters to kill us all so why add to the numbers and annihilate each other? Or perhaps that is God's solution to address the world's overpopulation? Or is it the extension of the Darwinian theory of evolution, survival of the fittest by whatever means?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 22, 2005 21:53

Link to "earth at night". Move left and right.
remove the **
Any search engine should find it also.

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.***gov/apod/image/0011/earthlights2_dmsp_big.jpg

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 22, 2005 21:53

I personally don't think that the middle east will ever be peaceful, but I do think we had to give it a try. Unless the Muslims take back their religion from the radical clerics and terrorists, they will be shunned everywhere in the world.

Already, people are shunning their businesses in the US, even though those people are probably nice and innocent. Eventually it will be hard for them to travel anywhere, do business with anyone.

In a earlier post, I wrote that I think they are being given this one last chance, and if that don't work, the world will just build a fence around their part of the country and let them shoot each other. Examples are North Korea, Cuba, China for many years, etc. Economic sanctions are slow, but they work. Go to Cuba and see how many cars are 1950's models. Look at the famous NASA picture of the "earth at night" and see how many lights are on in North Korea. In fact that picture is one of the most informative pictures about the state of development of the world you will ever see.

I do hope they solve their problems, but I have my doubt.

wwwww

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 22, 2005 21:32

Here is a important web site for anyone interested in what is happening in China. It should be must reading for everyone.

www*.theepochtimes.**com/jiuping.**asp

take out the **

Apparently 1.3 million chinese has resigned from the Chinese Communist Party because of this document. It is entitled Nine Commentaries on the Communist party and is in French, German, English, and Chinese. The party has been unable to supress distribution of this information and that shows the real power of the internet.

and I wish to think the person that sent me this link.

wwwww

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 22, 2005 20:23

wwwww123 write:
I have a similar story. I have a friend (US citizen) who was marriend to a chemical engineer from Iran 20 plus years ago. After the Shaw was overthrown, he was worried about his family there and went to visit them. They wouldn't let him leave for 12 years. He didn't see his baby girl for the first time until she was about 13. His wife was PG when he left. His six year old boy was grown when he finally made it back to the states for a visit. They divorced because he couldn't return.

Nice bunch of folks over there.

I know it's questionable about their niceness. Listening to the radio this evening they were commenting that the insurgent attacks are 3 to 4 times greater than they were a year ago. They were also saying that a year ago the White House claimed they would be in Iraq for as long as it takes, but now the WhiteHouse tends to be contemplating removing themselves as soon as they can...no date specified, and such an announcement has not be stated precisely...just rumoured.
It wouldn't bother me, my niece is in the US Navy and just returned from Kuwait along the Iraq border. In Sept. she's due to return to Iraq. She's a medic.
It is difficult to change a culture whose roots go back thousands of years. Here in America, we are but toddlers in comparison.
Sometimes I have thought that by Bush instigating war on Iraq he may have opened a can of worms he can't close. They are a people who hold a grudge for a thousand years. What do you think?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 22, 2005 18:48

Bonnie: " the bridge which take us across the Thames has been bombed 3 times by suspect IRA insurgencies"

Bombs just pi*ss people off. Martin Luther King and Gandhi showed people how to bring about change the right way and they "Got er Done". Bombs are for idiots.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 22, 2005 12:36

Sorry, can't do the house husband stuff. I will be fishing, -- probably with the maids.

lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 22, 2005 10:39

www.. thank you for the invitation but at this moment I am indundated with projects and the book I have always wanted to write and a million other things to do..I just need another hundred years to live to accomplish all I want to do...hence can't have a man around to interfere with my trend of thoughts unless he is prepared to sit on the sideline and be the house husband, and take care of the mundane stuff...what all working women need is not a husband but another wife to take care of the domestic chores..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 22, 2005 10:33

Bonnie88 write:
www...lucky you, maybe I will join u there and get bored about three days later...lol

OH, NO. I would never let you get bored. I have been saving projects, businesses to start, and books to write for years. You can do it for me. I will retire.

lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 22, 2005 02:17

www...lucky you, maybe I will join u there and get bored about three days later...lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 22, 2005 02:15

That is just too dangerious for me. I am a dull boy.

I think I will just get my culture from the bird and bees here in the country. Heck, if I really want a exciting day, I can go look at the deer or fish or watch the grass grow.

lol

wwwww

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 22, 2005 02:06

well, the only other place I would move is into the centre of theatre land and right next to Whitehall which is where the parliament and Ministry of Defence buildings are , all targets to an air attack ...lol including my son's school which is right next to Windsor Castle where the queen goes and near the airport..so we are all sitting targets. I love to be in the centre of cultural activities..and since I have lots of visitors thru the year, they love to stay with me for that very reason..LOndon is not safe today..I know it is a sensitive day when police are sent on buses and are at every bus stop...since the bus routes pass my place go thru the foreign ghettoes where all Americans, French live..and I m right next to French Jr.School,Coke and Disney have their headquarters at the tube station nearest me and Citibank's CEO is up my street, so we are soft targets ..live and let live..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 22, 2005 01:49

I don't want to leave out the IRA from my sh*it list. I cannot stand terrorist, bombers, etc. including the home grown one that blew up Oklahoma. What cowards and evil.

Bonnie, I think it's time you moved.

wwwww

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 22, 2005 01:37

well, I knew an Iraqi lady with 5 kids before the first gulf war and she was married at 13 , she disappeared afer the war started, and I recalled that her husband was working in Oxford as an engineer then, and shortly after her disappearance , there was a report that Iraqis were involved in building some secret warfare out in Oxford, and I suspect her husband could have been one of those involved...and nearby where I live the Iraqi embassy had commisioned imported Irish builders to build a v. tight security bomb shelter under their grounds..there ws a subsequent report in the news later..where I live there are alot of rich middle eastern residents, in the 14 years here, the bridge which take us across the Thames has been bombed 3 times by suspect IRA insurgencies,since it is also an Irish enclave.. several car bombs have exploded , and they were all suspect IRA or Iranian/Palestinian suspect plants...mainly because this is where a lot of embassies are located , my daughter's school was next to the Syrian embassy then and they are the neutral country that was seen as pro West..so we had to take special precautions with the school being in such close proximity and did invest in keeping the windows of the school shatter proof..so I live in a highly precarious area..but don't want to think about all the worrying consequences...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 22, 2005 01:34

I have a similar story. I have a friend (US citizen) who was marriend to a chemical engineer from Iran 20 plus years ago. After the Shaw was overthrown, he was worried about his family there and went to visit them. They wouldn't let him leave for 12 years. He didn't see his baby girl for the first time until she was about 13. His wife was PG when he left. His six year old boy was grown when he finally made it back to the states for a visit. They divorced because he couldn't return.

Nice bunch of folks over there.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 22, 2005 01:33

Sharp
"wonder what older generations are like"

Some of the people that seem to be causing trouble seem older, like 40's or so. I will try to find out from the local policeman who just got back from a tour there about the age thing.

I was awake Sharp, It's just that Rachael Welch was sitting on my knee and bothering me and making it haaarrddd tooo tyyyyyyyyype . I guess she is jealous of MM. Someday I am going to have to learn how to spell her name.
lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 22, 2005 01:23

5w's...Wake up!!! lol