#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Cultures and Education > Famous Quotes/Wisdom from around the world Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Famous Quotes/Wisdom from around the world
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 25, 2006 08:48

I bet you couldn't win a horse race if you were riding a horse that was already standing on the finish line.

myself talking to my ex.

lol

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 24, 2006 10:28

wwww123456 write:
lets have some more posts please

LETS.....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 05, 2006 15:02

Two of my favs:

"I do not know what I appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."
- Isaac Newton

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."
-Mahatma Gandhi

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Apr 16, 2006 16:59

Can't remember who said it, it's something like this:

"You can tell a country by the way they treat their animals"

As in if they treat their animals well they most proably treat people well and vice versa...

I'd say most cases it's highly correct ;) this for individual people too.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Apr 16, 2006 16:31

A bit of buddhist wisdom:

When the student is ready, the teacher appears.

We are fortunate that we can continue learning and growing throughout our lives. We are also fortunate to meet people with whom are generous of themselves, who are our teachers and we become teachers to them as well. We only have to be aware of this gift that is all around us. Learning and a life of love makes for some really passionate living!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Apr 16, 2006 16:27

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you,
Wouldn't that solve just about all the worlds problems, such a simple little sentence, but its meaning is earth shattering.Its the the way i live my life by and i walk this earth with many friends and very few who i would call a 'non' friend.
Happy Easter

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 18, 2006 16:20

BE YOURSELF IN EVERYTHING THAT YOU DO
BECAUSE,
THOSE WHO MIND don't MATTER
AND,
THOSE WHO MATTER don't MIND.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 18, 2006 16:17

He who knows NOT and
knows NOT that he
knows NOT is a fool

BUT
He who KNOWS and
KNOWS that he KNOWS
is a WISE PERSON

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 07, 2006 22:16

It's what you learn after you think you know it all, that counts...........

Surviving in business,.....
is like being in shark infested waters, if your cut, don't bleed it makes the sharks angry....... know when a politician or an attorney is lying to you, see if their lips move.........

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 12, 2005 16:49

SET YOUR LIMITATIONS... and they are yours.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 06, 2005 19:33

The only thing that matters is the earth in which we are surrounded by
The only thing that matters is the life in which we live
The only thing that matters is the things that matters most
The only thing that matters is life itself.......
Author
Me...shaebutter baby

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 11, 2005 20:30

Take our politicians: they're a bunch of yo-yos. The presidency is now a cross between a popularity contest and a high school debate, with an encyclopedia of cliches the first prize.
- Saul Bellow

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.
-Plato

I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix.
- Dan Quayle

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 11, 2005 20:24

People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

When people show you who they are, believe them, the FIRST TIME
- Maya Angelou

You run your mouth, I'll run my business.
- Unknown

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Oct 19, 2005 19:08

No matter what happened before, the future is up to you.

Hold on to your dreams and desires, for they are what makes you who you are.

(I don't know if you could class either of these as sayings, they are really just things I have learnt.)
No matter what happened before, the future is up to you.

Hold on to your dreams and desires, for they are what makes you who you are.

(I don't know if you could class either of these as sayings, they are really just things I have learnt.)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 16, 2005 01:08

""I watched the Indy 500, and I was thinking that if they left earlier, they wouldn't have to go so fast." -Steven Wright Comedian

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat." -Lily Tomlin

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." -Native American Proverb

"Alone, we can do so little; together we can do so much." -Helen Keller

"The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shinning." -Jonh F. Kennedy

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 06, 2005 12:47

"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most
intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."

-- Charles Darwin

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 24, 2005 22:03

Quote for the day.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is
to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last -- but eat you
he will."

-- Ronald Reagan

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 24, 2005 22:02

WHY IS IT THAT WE HAVE TO SPEAK ENGLISH?

A U.S. Navy Admiral was attending a Naval conference that included admirals from the U.S., English, Canadian, Australian and French Navies.

At a cocktail reception, he found himself standing with a group of half dozen or so officers that included personnel from most of the countries.

Everyone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drinks but a French admiral suddenly complained that, where as Europeans learn many languages, Americans learn only English. He then asked: "Why is it that we always have to speak English in these conferences rather than speaking French? "

Without hesitating, the American Admiral replied: "Maybe it's because the Brits, Canadians, Aussies and Americans arranged it so you wouldn't have to speak German."

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 21, 2005 15:02

You can't polish a sneaker.

? My apologies to those who cherish their sneakers, but my point is that even if you polish a hollow shell, it's still nothing more than a hollow shell. When I was growing up, we used white Kiwi polish to make our sneakers look new, but no matter how hard we tried, an ugly sneaker remained an ugly sneaker. Now when I see a briefing that's heavy on style but short on substance or focus, I say, "You're not gonna be able to polish that sneaker." It's a polite way of saying you haven't started out with anything meaningful. Trying to polish a sneaker can actually be dangerous, because it may inadvertently convince others that the sneaker has a value that it doesn't really possess. This can lead organizations down unproductive dead ends.

Learn to say "I don't know." If used when appropriate, it will be used often.

? How many times have you been in a meeting with someone who felt compelled to contribute, even though he obviously had no idea what he was talking about? In those circumstances, silence is golden. As a CEO, you know that everyone wants to impress you, so I sometimes ask a question to which I already know the answer as a way to test someone's character. Confident people know their strengths and weaknesses, and they don't try to b.s. you. You are not expected to know the answer to everything. Smart people simply say "I don't know" -- and go get an answer.

from the CEO's handbook.

from the web:

The tiny handbook has become an underground hit among senior executives and management thinkers. Written by Bill Swanson, CEO of aerospace contractor Raytheon (RTN), Swanson's Unwritten Rules of Management is part Ben Franklin and part Yogi Berra, with a dash of Confucius thrown in. Former General Electric (GE) CEO Jack Welch says there's something about both the man and his management style that makes the gray book a worthwhile read for any CEO. "It's a neat little manual, and each of these rules makes sense," Welch says. "It covers almost everything, and I like Swanson's feet-on-the-ground approach." Bruce Whitman, president of FlightSafety International, a Berkshire Hathaway (BRK) company that's one of the world's largest aviation training firms, goes even further: "The book is something you can carry around with you like a Bible and live by every day

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 01, 2005 20:36

From Bob Hope

ON TURNING 70 "You still chase women, but only downhill".

ON TURNING 80 "That's the time of your life when even your birthday suit needs pressing."

ON TURNING 90 "You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake."

ON TURNING 100 " I don't feel old. In fact I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap."

ON GIVING UP HIS EARLY CAREER, BOXING "I ruined my hands in the ring . the referee kept stepping on them."

ON SAILORS "They spend the first six days of each week sowing their wild oats, then they go to church on Sunday and pray for crop failure."

ON NEVER WINNING AN OSCAR "Welcome to the Academy Awards or, as it's called at my home, 'Passover'."

ON GOLF "Golf is my profession. Show business is just to pay the green fees."

ON PRESIDENTS " I have performed for 12 presidents and entertained only six."

ON WHY HE CHOSE SHOWBIZ FOR HIS CAREER " When I was born, the doctor said to my mother, 'Congratulations.You have an eight-pound ham'."

ON RECEIVING THE CONGRESSIONAL GOLD MEDAL "I feel very humble, but I think I have the strength of character to fight it."

ON HIS FAMILY'S EARLY POVERTY "Four of us slept in the one bed. When it got cold, mother threw on another brother."

ON HIS SIX BROTHERS "That's how I learned to dance. Waiting for the bathroom."

ON HIS EARLY FAILURES " I would not have had anything to eat if it wasn't for the stuff the audience threw at me."

ON GOING TO HEAVEN "I've done benefits for ALL religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality."