#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Women > rich women Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
rich women
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 07, 2005 13:09

I've dated many - they're no different than most other women and like any women you simply need to be yourself and show them that you're interested in them - not their money and not simply sex. That said, they are accustomed to a life style that you should be wealthy enough to feel comfortable participating in. Forget McDonalds more than once and then only in a pinch.

Wealthy people tend to stay within their own social circles - it keeps out the interlopers and remember, most people are not born wealthy - they've worked hard to earn what they have and are justifiably protective of their wealth.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 24, 2007 13:14

wealth usually comes with hard work but many work hard and never get the breaks.

Listen to what Warren Buffett says: sure he is smart and works hard but he admits that he is very, very lucky.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 30, 2007 00:00

"Its a good looking booty that makes the world turn."

-That is so TRUE!=)

About rich women ive got to say..there is 3 types of women i think:
1. those women who wanna marry money, and
2.those who don?t wanna loose her money when she marry.
3. and all the rest

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 03, 2007 03:31

chinese have a saying:

first generation earns the money

second generation keeps the money

third generation loses the money

U become rich by hard work, being responsible with what u have and looking out for those not blessed with those skills

i am in the fourth generation: starting from scratch.... hehe

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 07, 2006 01:32

You have it all wrong here. Its not rich that is important. Its a good looking booty that makes the world turn. Well, at least for those of us with BOD, (bu*tt obsessive dissorder).

lololol

OK,OK,OK, I guess we could throw in a few brains.

lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 01, 2006 12:33

there are a lot of $$$$$$ who made $$$$$$$ in labor market: landscaping, pest control, computers and so on... they live very simple life-style. there are $$$$$$$ old money, most of them /who I know personally/ very lazy and not business smart,but they love to show of and stay within rich friends. Since I am looking for husbands I prefer man who knows how to make $$$$$$$ but doesn't intent to show his $$$$$$$. I like street smart, not a social freaks.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 24, 2006 19:07

Ultimafem write:
Think tank, you have made very good points.

I am not super wealthy and I am financially secure and comfortable, I just do not like dating poor guys for the reasons that he could be a pimp..lol or falling for me for the wrong reasons.

I also found that it is hard to talk to guys about money matters, since I study economics, numbers become natural for me, even guys who studied economics, they prefer to talk about something else. Strange thing is a minute you start to talk about their financial stuff, or just saying that we like wealthy men, they immediately think we( women ) are gold diggers. Sometimes I do not know who is a real one...LOLOL. if we don't like money or think it is important issue why are we on this website?

Ultima

really? the whole gold digger stuff? I've met a few ladies from here and they were conversant in typical business discussions, and they can even spell, and it was kind of stimulating. it is an extra for me, someone who is involved in the world. money is the stuf in the worlds veins anyway. ignore it and die. I do get concerned when there are lots of questions about what you ahve where you live etc. it forces you to hang with others in the same situation to avoid that creepy feeling. being on here insures it is out front and out of the way. you make a good point

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 02, 2006 15:14

Think tank, you have made very good points.

I am not super wealthy and I am financially secure and comfortable, I just do not like dating poor guys for the reasons that he could be a pimp..lol or falling for me for the wrong reasons.

I also found that it is hard to talk to guys about money matters, since I study economics, numbers become natural for me, even guys who studied economics, they prefer to talk about something else. Strange thing is a minute you start to talk about their financial stuff, or just saying that we like wealthy men, they immediately think we( women ) are gold diggers. Sometimes I do not know who is a real one...LOLOL. if we don't like money or think it is important issue why are we on this website?

Ultima

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 26, 2006 14:28

ScentedCandles write:
Why Living in a Rich Society Makes Us Feel Poorer? Every man is rich or poor according to the proportion between his desires and his enjoyments. Most of us are taught from an early age not to worry about how others' possessions compare with our own, and we seem to recognise the soundness of this advice. There will always be people with more, and becoming preoccupied with that is a recipe for misery. So if asked whether we fret about the size of our neighbours' house or about the cars they drive, most of us would insist we do not.

Put the question another way, however, and we seem a little less certain.

Consider a choice between these two worlds:

World A: You earn $110,000 per year, others earn $200,000.

World B: You earn $100,000 per year, others earn $85,000.

The income figures represent real purchasing power. Your income in World A would command a house 10% larger than the one you could afford in World B, 10% more restaurant dinners and so on. By choosing World B, you'd give up a small amount of absolute income in return for a large increase in relative income.

So which would you pick? A majority of Americans, it turns out, choose World B.

Why would we accept the lower pay? One possibility, of course, is that we envy our neighbors' possessions more than we feel comfortable admitting. But there's an alternative explanation, one that works even if we're really not much concerned about keeping up with the Joneses. This alternative account rests on the idea that to function effectively in complex social environments, we need ways to evaluate how we're doing and make judgments about how best to adapt to changing environments. Such judgments almost always depend heavily on how we're doing relative to others in the same local environment.

JUNESCENTEDCANDLES

I love candles, I bet they smell great, kewl....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 25, 2006 22:14

I do find this very interesting. It seems to me that it makes no difference if your a man or a women who is wealthy. There is always going to be someone there trying to separate what you have from you. What most people do not realize about wealth is that once you have it you end up working twice as hard to keep it, then you ever did while earning it. I think this is the reason that those with wealth stick together like they do, because they all realize this where someone that has never had it doesn't.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 24, 2005 12:13

sharp1 write:

BillHodges write:

thinktank wrote:

Wealthy people tend to stay within their own social circles

thinktank,

I would tend to agree with everything you've stated except for the quotation taken from your statement.
Being monetarily wealthy is no different than any other financial status when making friends and socializing. Whilst some groups may prefer to be cliquish, it isn't a majority rule. People in general prefer to primarily associate with others they find common interests with, regardless of monetary status.
As for truly wealthy individuals, it is rare to realize their monetary worth, they have no need to make a show of it nor do they have a need to impress anyone.
Those who have an appearance of being wealthy are most usually indebted rather than actually being wealthy.
For example: I have friends that earn well over six figures, live in eight thousand square foot homes and larger, drive hundred thousand dollar automobiles, go on exotic vacations, and often cannot afford to pay their utility or credit card bills on time.
Wealth is a relative statement...one's wealth is sometimes another's impoverishment.

Well said, and so true!
About 16 yrs ago, a couple on the verge of bankruptcy required financial councelling. They had 2 Mercedes, lived in a million dollar 6000 sqft home, but could not afford to furnish it, nor could they afford to go out on weekends, or take a trip anywhere. Yet the wife was determined she was not giving up her house, she was going to die in that house! Cash poor! All for appearances. So silly!
Yet you may have passed a true millionaire in the grocery store and never know it.

A good reference book is "The Millionaire Next Door"...

About 1/3 of wealth is inherited, the rest is made by current generation sweat and tears.

The comments made about being "house poor" and posing with fancy cars is typically correct. This is where the cash flow is happening but not where the assests are residing.

The majority of millionaires live in modest homes ($200-350k) and drive american made cars that are several years old.

The majority of all networth is in most people's residence (about43%), whereas only 17% is in retirement accounts and about 6-10% in stock, bonds, etc.)

Myself, I invest in State Quarters and Mason Jars and keep it all buried in the backyard, as it made the mattress too lumpy!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 23, 2005 23:37

you nailed it bill,then there is people like myself who were born to love everyone no matter what.i am a business owner who struggles each month.money comes and goes faster then i make it sometimes.i only buy what i need and i never buy new things unless its gonna make me money.i live as i need to not as i want to.if i had all the money these people claim to have i would feel more successful and accomplished then anything.wish i had money to grow the biz but never do.i will work until im dead and im ok with that.have a good one bill.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Aug 20, 2005 01:08

Having money is a must for me.
I?ve lived with plenty and none and to count on other than just yourself for a change can be quite conforting and a form of love and share. that's what make a relationship for me, the ability to share.
Indeed a difficult thing to learn in life that goes along with empathy. Yes, money helps love to develope cause he buy our freedom.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 15, 2005 21:27

HELLO!
I DONT WANT TO GO TO WITH A RICH WOMEN.
BUT IF U VERY INTRESTING WOMAN...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Aug 02, 2005 00:01

BillHodges write:

thinktank wrote:

Wealthy people tend to stay within their own social circles

thinktank,

I would tend to agree with everything you've stated except for the quotation taken from your statement.
Being monetarily wealthy is no different than any other financial status when making friends and socializing. Whilst some groups may prefer to be cliquish, it isn't a majority rule. People in general prefer to primarily associate with others they find common interests with, regardless of monetary status.
As for truly wealthy individuals, it is rare to realize their monetary worth, they have no need to make a show of it nor do they have a need to impress anyone.
Those who have an appearance of being wealthy are most usually indebted rather than actually being wealthy.
For example: I have friends that earn well over six figures, live in eight thousand square foot homes and larger, drive hundred thousand dollar automobiles, go on exotic vacations, and often cannot afford to pay their utility or credit card bills on time.
Wealth is a relative statement...one's wealth is sometimes another's impoverishment.

Well said, and so true!
About 16 yrs ago, a couple on the verge of bankruptcy required financial councelling. They had 2 Mercedes, lived in a million dollar 6000 sqft home, but could not afford to furnish it, nor could they afford to go out on weekends, or take a trip anywhere. Yet the wife was determined she was not giving up her house, she was going to die in that house! Cash poor! All for appearances. So silly!
Yet you may have passed a true millionaire in the grocery store and never know it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 12, 2005 17:38

hi,
i do believe you're right...except for those born with old money....
and no...im not rich....so you cant use me as a case study...ha ha ha