#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Long term relationship and Love > Would you sign a prenuptual agreement? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Would you sign a prenuptual agreement?
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 02, 2009 23:42

I would sign a prenuptual agreement no questions asked.
It's the best thing you can do for eachother then move
on to what really matters - your life together.

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 02, 2009 07:02

Most definitely. I have had too much taken from me, in the past, and would never want to take something from a man who has worked very hard for what he has. I think his children would deserve it.

Just my opinion.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 23, 2009 14:12

Of course. But then I wouldn't manage my partner's personal funds and grow them exponentially.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jun 23, 2009 22:23

Hello, sandiegom2000.

So since you agreed that prenuptial agreement is necessary to protect both parties, than there are no worries!

Why is the trust issue stopping you to find some one to marry now? Get married and sign a prenup.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 20, 2009 13:13

I can appreciate everyone's comments on here however if I ever did get married it wouldn't be for anyone's money so if they asked me sign a prenup I wouldn't even batt an eye lid, it really wouldn't bother me!!!

I know ypu're meant to love nad trust someone completely when you marry them and someone asking you to sign a prenup may offend some however I believe that with the way things are nowdays and current divorce statistics it's not showing a lack of trust when asking to sign a prenup it's merely a formality.

If someones worked hard for their money I don't think they should be at risk of losing that for whatever reason, and because I'd like to believe that if i ever get married it would be forever i also belive that the prenup signed means nothing to me at all, I'm in it for love and persuing dreams of having a family and not the money!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 20, 2009 00:42

I would prefer one. It is categorically no one's business to come in and take half of what I've accumulated without them (and naturally vice versa).

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 17, 2009 10:27

When you get married there are two things. First its a legal thing... you are a recongized legal entity by the state that falls under their laws.

The second is the love and commitment you are supposed to have for the person you marry.

One has nothing to do with the other. State does not give a rats ass about who screwed up in a marriage and treates everyone the same. Therefore you must have a prenup.

I would marry tomorrow if I could find someone I trust.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 15, 2009 22:21

A pre-nup doesn't protect any man or woman from a spouse hell bent on gambling away your hard earned money.

Then at the end of the day when love is genuinely involved it isnt the money that you miss or regret the most.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 13, 2009 23:20

Yes, I would. The purpose of marriage is to have another soul to grow with and love. Although money does bring perks to a relationship that may not be afforded while single, it shouldn't be the reason you marry someone. Ive been asked for my hand in marriage to a man that could have given me anything my heart desired, but I didn't love him in the marriage way. I love someone for who they are.
I would just be thrilled to be married again!!!! (and hoping the next time is forever!)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 28, 2009 12:04

When I was born, I was butt naked and poor. When I die I'll probably be almost naked (in one of those hospital gowns) and money won't mean much to me then .. Love is something that cannot be bought. Yes you can rent some pretend love and kid yourself, but the real thing has nothing to do with money. If I was madly in love with a man, I would sign anything. And if someone looked at me and said I don't love you, I would give them their space and walk away, not expecting anything. All relationships get tested and challenged, simply because all of us have some personal growth to do.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 28, 2009 02:00

I absolutely will. I would not proceeed w/ a wedding without one. It protects current and future assets, AND debts. It also puts in place expectations of how things will proceed should the marraige fail. It's not a pleasant thought, but the reality is marraiges don't always work... for various reasons. I would want to know that I am financially protected. It doesn't mean I don't trust my partner, it's just good common sense.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Apr 27, 2009 04:45

Every marriage should be built on trust.
However, in every society on earth where this no legality, its often resulted in chaos, anachy and lawlessness.Prenuptial agreement is necessary to protect both parties in the event of adivorce or death so that none of the party feels he or she is cheated.Most often times, its advised that will transfer of ones inheritance to families and relations are spelt out with the assistance of a good lawyer.Any relationship that is not bound by legal agreement in completely null and void, and any problem associated with such illegal agreements can
t be entertained by any law court in the world.

"I urgently need a wealthy wife who will be willing to append the prenuptial dotted lines of the agreement with me".

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 11, 2009 18:02

Quoting tarheelman316:

If you think you need a prenup, you shouldn't get married in the first place.

i agree!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 14, 2008 20:31

My belief is that if a couple is older, and both have assets, then the view is not if the marriage should work out, at this stage the more likely would be that one would die before the other, a prenup would prevent the children of the living partner trying to usurp the deceased legal heirs from their inheritance.

However, a younger couple who would be having children together should be building their children's inheritance jointly.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 22, 2008 21:53

You bet I would.
I don't know how much more it would stand up than the original vows. If you have enough money and a good enough attorney none of those pieces of paper mean anything anyway.
The pre-nup process would give the parties an idea of how the other might conduct themselves in the event there was a divorce.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 17, 2008 14:55

I say no matter what class of society you are in, you should sign a prenup. I say this because the prenup doesnt effect just the rich, it affects the poor as well. Unfortunately for me, my x was secretly pulling out loans and credit cards and didnt pay them so I wouldnt notice he had them. After getting himself in extreme debt and indulging in other affairs a married man shouldnt do without his partner I decided to divorce him and now I am paying off half his debt. So ladies and gentleman, unless you have the best lawyer on the planet, a prenup can save you from debt, or a money hungry spouse.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 09, 2008 12:17

Quoting beauty4u:

hell, no.

amen sister, you go into a marriage equal... would if the one who had little got richer than the mate??? do you get one in the middle of your marriage,lol...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 06, 2008 17:25

probably

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 18, 2008 08:44

hell, no.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 10, 2007 21:15

If your lucky enough to find real Love, there won't be any insecure emotions regarding signing legal paperwork.

A pre-nup in today's world is as basic as a marriage license,driver license, name change,etc...

I really thought that all these emotions tied to pre-nups were long gone. It's important to prepare for the unexpected. We insure everything we can, have health care proxy's, many types of wills, all preparing to make difficult times easier.

I think the best way to avoid any bad feelings from either side, is to bring up the subject when you first start dating & asking all the other important questions.

Available only
to logged in members