#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Long term relationship and Love > Would you sign a prenuptual agreement? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Would you sign a prenuptual agreement?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 28, 2005 16:43

Saw this topic come up on another thread and thought I'd start a new one here.

Seems some women seem hurt and offended by the very suggestion of a prenup. I, on the other hand, think it's a sensible move because it protects BOTH parties.

What do YOU think?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 08, 2011 19:10

Yes.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 10, 2011 19:04

prenups are essential when entering into a second marriage. What is it, something like 70% of second marriages end in divorce. Each party needs to protect what they have for themselves and their children. I believe the laws pertaining to an engagement ring are explicit, however, it does not matter who breaks the "contract". The ring is to be returned to the man (or woman) who purchased it as their part of the contract. If the contract becomes null and void, the ring is returned as would be any other "deposit". I don't know every state's laws regarding such, but have never heard of one state "being the best for the woman to get engaged in bc they don't require the ring to be returned". There are however negotiating points in terms of how much the woman may have put out (deposits, dress, etc... ) which may include the sale of said ring.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jun 21, 2011 12:24

I am with you on that I have a lot to loose as well....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jun 20, 2011 16:56

Yes I would.. prevents wondering whether the other person is there for the right reasons..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 18, 2011 16:16

I would sign a prenup without hesitation...in fact would ask that one be in place.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jun 07, 2011 17:37

I agree that marriage should be about love and not money, but also that things happen in life. I would be willing to sign one. I am not really interested in money, but the actual person.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 28, 2011 14:24

Before anyone get married aren't you sure enough if the person really loved you or your money? A pre nup seems to me that the person is not sure about the person she/he love. This is the biggest mistakes of a lot of people. Why marry someone that your not sure off that they really loved you. If I marry someone, I have to make sure myself that person is someone I can trust my whole life with before getting married.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 27, 2011 14:57

absolutely.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Apr 17, 2011 16:55

Quoting dannyspl:

For everyone who said they would sign a prenup I'm wondering if the women of this group would give back the expensive engagement ring if the wedding were to be canceled? If she didn't sign a prenup I would have to reconsider the plans. If she didn't return the ring no matter what it's value I would seek legal paths since the ring is simply a promise and commitment to marry. If you don't know for sure what she would do before you go either plan don't go there until you do...lol

The law on that subject is quite simple. If she breaks off the wedding then the ring is returned. If he breaks off the wedding then it is not.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Apr 17, 2011 16:48

I am not against a prenup. Prenups are a standard these days and pretty much expected.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 13, 2011 00:07

For everyone who said they would sign a prenup I'm wondering if the women of this group would give back the expensive engagement ring if the wedding were to be canceled? If she didn't sign a prenup I would have to reconsider the plans. If she didn't return the ring no matter what it's value I would seek legal paths since the ring is simply a promise and commitment to marry. If you don't know for sure what she would do before you go either plan don't go there until you do...lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 12, 2011 21:30

Prenups are usually more than fair. Even if one party comes into the relationship with nothing, they usually receive a percentage of a pre-determined amount for each year they stay married, even if the marraige ultimately fails. I will not get married without an iron clad prenup, but it will be fair to my potential spouse as well as myself.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 02, 2011 22:45

Hummmm...... why was the question only for women? Would a man sign a prenup?  To answer the question .... yes...... had one on last marriage, and if I marry again there will be another.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 02, 2011 09:31

I would sign a pre-nup, but it would have to be fair... I don't want you taking much of mine and I don't want to take much of yours so....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 06, 2011 01:33

I believe a prenup is a great idea. Apart from being able to keep your own individual wealth/assets it also outlines how the spouse would be looked after, after a divorce. I will personally not get married without one.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 02, 2011 17:00

lool taht so funny a lot a girls say that they will singning.if all of you want to be in love in say money it not important so please i need a answer of my two question why are you at millionaire match? in why 18 19 20 21 years young beautiful women looking for 50 years old man if is not for money. what to find in love whit a man at your dad ages

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 01, 2011 05:47

There is nothing wrong with signing a reasonable prenup. A prenup should take into account the following:
who made this fortune? who cultivated this fortune?
what lifestle should an ex spouse be afforded based on his/her lifestyle before and during the marriage?
what are the needs of the person who requires a prenup?(provide for children, parents, long time employees,etc.)
how would the wealthy spouse like to see their partner live if the marriage dissolves? what proection can he/she afford their partner to prevent destitution?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Aug 10, 2010 16:28

A pre-nup protects both people in the relationship. Yes I would happily sign a pre-nup.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 02, 2010 10:06

i'm a little confused to what a prenup actually is i get the basic idea but would have to look at the ins and outs but as long as i wouldn;t end up on the streets and any children are taken care of i dont see why not