MillionaireMatch & Luxury Forum > Occupation topics > What would you do for a living if money were no object? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
What would you do for a living if money were no object?
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 11, 2006 14:37

I would open a specialized children's home that also helps children with dual diagnosis needs. I would also spend more time on my art and writing.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 22, 2006 09:52

If money were no object I would travel the country buying vacant lots and rundown homes to build or rehab homes for the homeless. I realize that we have the potential to provide shelter for every human being, but we choose not to make it a priority. Think about it was homelessness a platform for either candidate in the last Presidential Elections?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 21, 2006 17:33

JEFF217 write:
My "money is no object " job .. would be far less noble than what most of you have mentioned.I would move to Maui and be a valet parking attendant at on one the beautiful resorts on Kaanapali beach. Then by day work on my golf game so I could qualify for the Senior tour when I turn 50...shallow , selfish , not responsible ..??? For sure.. So I would never do it ..but ,I have voiced my opinion. In a serious vein... I will quit what ever I am doing should my parent's health fail and will move to take care of them .

That is what i did, i could not stand to see the old people suffer, and have to go into homes, i wanted them to be able to die in their own homes. It really is a matter of giving up your life for them... i had to be there 24/7 when they became bedridden...(they had no money left or i may have been able to hire help, but i couldnt afford it on what i made, and pay my own expenses also)... It was the hardest job i've ever had, helping someone die with dignity. But no amount of money, and no occupation, could have taken preference, I would do it all over again.
So i have to say that if money were no object, i'd just help people on a larger scale.

BQ
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 11, 2006 15:08

seenight write:
If money were no object, I'd continue being a nurse but definitely would be doing a lot more volunteer work.
Would love to do medical missions.

seenight,

I saw what you wrote and was wondering if you have ever heard of Mercy Ship ? It is a boat full of medical professional and regulars, they sail throughout the Carribeans and help many of the nations poor who can't afford medical service..the boat docks at the Port and the people who needs assistant just come in like a regular hospital.

all people are volunteers except a few, you pay your own way but you get the benefit of meeting nice people and helping out to save lives and other good services and travel the Carribeans.

BQ

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 01, 2006 21:03

I just attended a great seminar about creating one's mission in life and also figuring out what vehicles would support that vision (i.e. how can you make money while living your vision). Thoroughly enjoyed it and discovered that my vision and mission are aligned.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 22, 2006 18:12

Empress9 write:
Nice question.....

I help Veterans with substance abuse problems,some are homeless....
some are battle scarred...
when you hear about their lives, when you know them...you feel a deep respect.

I would continue doing what I'm doing, just take more time off...to write
honky tonk music....and work for peace.

Susan
(Empress9)

Thank you ma'am for all you do for us.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 15, 2006 06:48

If money were no object, I would travel the world and write books on my experiences and knowledge gained.

BQ
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 15, 2006 05:00

JEFF217 write:
My "money is no object " job .. would be far less noble than what most of you have mentioned.I would move to Maui and be a valet parking attendant at on one the beautiful resorts on Kaanapali beach. Then by day work on my golf game so I could qualify for the Senior tour when I turn 50...shallow , selfish , not responsible ..??? For sure.. So I would never do it ..but ,I have voiced my opinion. In a serious vein... I will quit what ever I am doing should my parent's health fail and will move to take care of them .

You have a good heart Jeff, I have done this in the last few years, all give it up to do this. "I will quit what ever I am doing should my parent's health fail and will move to take care of them ."

Investing in the Stock Market was the only thing I didn't have to give up to care for my widowed mom.

BQ

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 14, 2006 22:41

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 14, 2006 01:08

Goodlife, Wow good question, I would say that I would like to start a program that would start with children because they our our future, I would make sure there would be no child without food or clothing, so they could have a good foundation, to become productive adults.

BQ
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 30, 2005 15:17

If money would be no problem, I would build a ship like the U.S.S. Enterprise and choose the best christian mind,heart,beauties and handsome, look for another planet and set up a colony where we live with no money but live on the generosity of each other heart, for the good of the community where truth,peace and love would be the highest form of education promoted in the realm. Greed,selfishness,corruption and the like would not be tolerated but would be confronted with loving education to help a person understand and evolve in the loving character he was created to be in the first place...in the image of God which would be love fully evolved.

BQ

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 27, 2005 10:58

bobsthename write:
Beautiful women are looking for their match in looks. You should see the beautiful women I've been going out with. Attached is my Miss February/2005. I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers! Too bad she couldn't handle a snowmobile.

I've been working out for years now for 90 to 120 minute session 3 to 5 times a week. I jog 3 miles every day. And I'm a very sexy beast. I'll bet I've slept with more beautiful women this year than most people do in a lifetime. Think of my knowledge of sexuality, because when I care about my partner in bed. I know how to push the buttons...I've been trained well. In fact, when I was in my early 20's I dated 30 somethings and so I learned from the experienced early on.

Perhaps you could offer your services with a money back guarantee!

But since the topic is "what would you do if money was no object", I guess it wouldn't matter if you didn't get paid...

BQ
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 27, 2005 05:55

thegoodlife2005 write:
larrye2001 write:
thegoodlife2005, maybe
find a partner/designer then go to the SBA

OK . . . someone tell me what the SBA is!!!!!!!!

thegoodlife SBA stands for Small Business Administration office..they make loans for small Business and other support in your country.

BQ

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 26, 2005 13:45

If I did not need to work...I would probably spend way too much time on this site...but then meet lots of cool and wacky people...Might even go and meet Bob..although sounds bloody cold up there...!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 21, 2005 17:32

redhead524 write:
Hey, Bob,
There's a big assumption that women would pay you for doing (at least from many posts I've read here imply)what you already do! What's that old saying (usually pointed at women): why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?!

Don't get nasty, just seeing a humorous side to your comment.....

Welcome, you are going to fit right in here. Bob is really a good guy. He just doesn't want anyone to know it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 21, 2005 15:36

Hey, Bob,
There's a big assumption that women would pay you for doing (at least from many posts I've read here imply)what you already do! What's that old saying (usually pointed at women): why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?!

Don't get nasty, just seeing a humorous side to your comment.....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 21, 2005 00:34

thegoodlife2005, maybe
find a partner/designer then go to the SBA

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 12, 2005 11:19

i would do the samething i'm doing now,already doing my childhood dream.the only differnts would be i wouldnot have to run so hard.and have one awesome ride.a big house

Eca
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 11, 2005 14:52

Well it may sound a bit over used but I honestly would (and will once I have qualifications!) Work for Medicines sans frontiers, or a like organisation. The only time I am happy in a job is when I am helping others or trying at least. And there are so many suffering people out there to help.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 03, 2005 18:46

thegoodlife2005 write:
Folks, I'm a cost analyst by day, working for the Defense Department. I'd love more than anything to NOT give my energy to the U.S. military, given what's going on in the world today; unfortunately the job pays more than anything else I can find!

So here I am thinking, if I could do anything I wanted for a living, what would it be?

I dont' know the answer yet (because right now all I want is a vacation and a good night's sleep) so while I'm thinking, ask yourself, if you didn't need the money, what would YOU be doing for a living today?

"Nothing" is not an answer . . . I'm presuming you'd actually want to do something productive!

I hope my answer on your previous post influenced your choice of Av's. That is a beautiful picture.

I would do exactly what I did in this lifetime. Spend 24 (or more) years in the US Army. I tried to go back into the Army when this mess started but they don't want any disabled veterans.

Money has never been important to me. It is true that the people that say that usually don't have any. I plead guilty to that cliche. I have much more personal satisfaction from my career choice than I would ever have from any other career.