#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Men > How to get her attention. Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
How to get her attention.
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 18, 2005 20:04

BlondeLightning write:
Hi Romantic Lass,

I have to lolol with this last pic you posted. Still lol! Watch out ladies, this guy might have better looking legs than you do, LMAO. Thanks for the laughs darling. You are still too cute dear!

Blonde....

I LOVE that you get me!!!!! Thank you

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 16, 2005 11:32

Hi Romantic Lass,

I have to lolol with this last pic you posted. Still lol! Watch out ladies, this guy might have better looking legs than you do, LMAO. Thanks for the laughs darling. You are still too cute dear!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 15, 2005 14:45

killian2005 write:
Sharp. you look a lot better than me. I agree with romantic lass and you and billzeke that someone who only wants a pretty picture isn't worth having. I am rarely off work on Saturday and I am today so maybe I'll get my picture on here today. I'm fighting with myself over posting it. My brain says do it but my guts(or lack of them) says no.

Killian, post the pic sweets, and saaaay,"HEY Wussssssup?" You never know you might just "kill" em and knock them out of their seats...Here sweety...here's some motivation...after all it really can't be this bad, can it? Besides we all have our match out there somewhere, right? And remember you princess training: K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple and Smile....it's the best beauty secret around!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 15, 2005 13:39

Hi Everyone,

Ok Peace 4 U,

Thanks lil lady! I got your wink. Anyone can reach me at my personal email address to BlondeLightning at juno dott kom you know if you want to chat sometime.

And as for your comments, thanks. I always say that if I can not make fun of myself I can not laugh at myself. The same is true for others, I have to be able to laugh and make fun of myself before I can laugh at what they say or do also. A note more people should display and follow. Nobody is holyer than though! Me included. And I will always state it as I do- straight forward, then you know where you stand with me. Hate me or like me for it, then I know where I stand with you in return!

BTW- I am here for friendships and to have a good time in the process. I have all the stress and other things all day long running my business being the leader and CEO of my company. So responsible, serious, and assertive are a daily routine for me. This is my other side, lol. Fun, happy, flirt, tease, and joking are what it is all about for me here. I like my other side of me too. I can be serious if required though here, but why? ttyl sweetie!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 15, 2005 05:32

Sharp. you look a lot better than me. I agree with romantic lass and you and billzeke that someone who only wants a pretty picture isn't worth having. I am rarely off work on Saturday and I am today so maybe I'll get my picture on here today. I'm fighting with myself over posting it. My brain says do it but my guts(or lack of them) says no.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 14, 2005 15:13

Still lol everyone, this thread is very entertaining!

Bonnie, I like your quote here: HOw did 'Chop LIver' as an euphemism become a dish here? lol Blondelightning - you will now trigger my taste buds when I tuck into my foie gras..you are food for thought! lol

Bill my friend, I especially liked the 3/4 inch liver patty disappeared into the pan to reappear as an 1/8 inch thick patty, lol.

Miss Prissy Pants,

Wow, what beautiful eyes and a pretty smile. I also detect cute lil dimples. So why not post your pic on MM here, you sure do compete with the other ladies here!

Ok Miss Killian,

So why not post your pic here? No guts, no Glory? Do you think you look like the green princess on Shrek? I know that you do not look like that. There is beauty in everyone, show off yours too lil lady!

Hi DormaVirgo,

Most interesting post you stated. Thanks for being forth coming and honest darling. Oh yeah, thanks for the email also, I replied back just a little while ago. You are too funny lil cutie! I will send you an email later about this subject also.

And BTW Everyone,

This started out as me being "Chopped Liver" as a joke I started about me and attacking myself for fun. It was meant to be like this- Why would any lady want me as "Chopped Liver" when they could have Fillet Mignon Steak, Lobster, Crab, Sushi, or your favorite Cuisine? I was just poking fun at myself! It is so funny to see the twist this one took though. Thanks everyone for the many laughs, still LMAO!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 14, 2005 14:44

thegoodlife2005 write:
Thought I'd start a discussion on the best and worst ways to get a woman's attention on dating websites.

Many men - especially shy ones - seem to think winks are the safest, easiest way to get a woman's attention. What they don't understand is how often winks backfire!

To they typical woman on this site who is genuinely seeking meaningful companionship, winks are a lazy, buckshot approach. From the comments I've seen on the Forum, most women delete winks, concluding that the winker:

1) really isn't THAT interested;
2) viewed her photos but never read her profile;
3) read he profile and decided he didn't meet her requirements but thought "what the heck it's worth a shot;"
4) is sending out winks by the dozen to anyone who looks good.

As you can see, if you're a man, and you're doing a lot of winking with no results, it's not so much a question of your worthiness as a companion. Your problem is bad technique. You will not get the ROI (return-on-investment) you think you should. This is definitely one of those situations where minimal investment means minimal return.

(Now, I think the rules are different for ladies. I actually think it's better for a woman not to approach a man at all; at MOST she can give a guy a wink. Initiating correspondence with a man doesn't seem to work; I think it freaks them out.)

The technique for MEN that is MOST likely to work: A thoughtful, SHORT note (if it's long she'll think you're a stalker) that demonstrates: 1) you actually read her profile, and 2) you think you might be good for her, if not exactly Mr.Right, at least Mr. Maybe?

This opinion is posted by a successful internet dater!

Class I too have learned that this is correct. Correspondence doesn't work this is lame. It's like the men are saying set there, be quiet, and look good. If I'm interested I'll let you know. What ever I'll play the game until I end my subscription.
I mean what the heck I don't play games.If I have a question or I want to make a statement I am going to say it. Why should be used against me...says to me...."NOT A MATCH!" I would think winking would tell the man a same thing, but you have been here longer than I.
Although, I do have to say at this point I do have fun, changing my profile title and see what different kind of men that net brings in. Works too! Everybody is different is the point I am trying to say. I mean conversation is important from the beginning. Because Class let me tell you...If a guy thinks I'm going to be hikin in Tibet with him and never say a word he's lost his mind. What am I there for carry the luggage and put out!? Well as long as he puts out, that area might be negotiable...he can carry a few bags. LOL I know what you're thinking Class, "With that attitude she's gonna be here a while." I just have a little bit of mustang in me that needs some taming...but far from rough around the edges. GOOD THREAD.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 14, 2005 14:33

Hey Bonnie Sweetie,

I almost missed this post of yours, but I didn't! I am still lol. You are too funny lil cutie!

Your Quote:
NO Blonde...I love chopped liver my favorite dish..
Should start a thread to invent great 'winks'..lol

e.g. 'Hey , my grandma likes you, interested?
'All my 8 kids think you could be their dad.'
'I am planning my wedding next week, need a groom desperately and think you fit the bill.'
'Need a date to go to a wedding , mine.'

Ok Bonnie, good subject to start, winks or chopped liver? lol. JK! Alright darling, first things first. Your grandma, is she willing to share me with you? Second, About your 8 kids, any of them look like me? You never know about those blind dates in the past, lol. And third, should I wear a suit or Tuxedo to your wedding? Thanks darling for the laughs!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 14, 2005 13:59

Hi Everyone,

Yeah Killian, I saw the soaking wet one in Beverly Hills. Thanks, but no thanks. Reminds me of the Lady of the evening or brothel type of female. As NyChick stated, she sounds like she wet her pants, lol. I would have to bring some pampers or huggies on our date for her if we went out, still lol. Besides, I am trying to strike up a conversation with you to get to know you lil lady. So I guess I am flirting with you here? But remember I am a real shy type of gentleman, so be gentle Ok? BTW- The "Chopped Liver" thing is a special joke between myself and Bonnie, Maayan, Mimi, Sharon, Lisa, and everyone else for that matter, lol. But thanks for the compliment of not thinking I look like it, still lol. You are too cute!

And as for you Sharon darling, Why are you raining on my parade? I am a shy gentleman, really I am, lol. Shuuuuu just don't tell everyone my secrets, lol lady. As for Lisa, I have that cat trained well, lol. She is such a cuddling feline that really thinks I am such a good and shy gentleman, she can do what ever she wants with me, still lol. Oops, now the Cat is out of the bag so to speak, I am sure I am going to get cat scratched really bad when I see her for this one, LMAO. I best bring her a special treat or cat toy so she forgets fast, or better yet, I'll bring some real strong catnip, lol. That will do it huh? Or how about my batman suit, still lol!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 14, 2005 10:35

Killian you should post your picture. I feel like you do, I'm know eye candy. Any man looking for eye candy would not be someone I was interested in...too shallow and superficial, right? Go for it!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 14, 2005 10:17

SueieQ write:

killian2005 write:
missprissypants,good picture! I don't post mine because it can't compare with all these beautiful women. As for winks, I know I'm one of the few but I like them.

how does any one know what turns another one on. yes there are pretty female here. but some men may not be looking for just pretty they could be looking for nice, loving caring types and if they find it in one as you. then to him your package looks better than all the rest to him. but he himself has to be the right man to know and to feel and understand that!
so if they are just looking for eye candy it is better that they stay away! a full and comperhensive package in the long run is worth more. but then again that is my thoughts LOL. why would a women want a man who did not want and like her for who she is inside and out.if they think that way he is not worth my time. get back and stay away! my beuty will fad. so then what will you love. oh so now it is time to do a trade! nope don't want that kind of man! think better of your self post the picture! there is no Competition. how silly is that thought! if he only has eyes for one there is no contest!

You really don't know anything until you meet face to face and look each other in the eye. After all, everyone chooses the pics. they put up and they write their own descriptions of themselves. The forums can provide some clues if you read between the lines and watch how people handle themselves on line. ie. Someone that describes themself as mellow and laid back but consistently fights with everyone on the forums. What would you believe? What they say or how they act? JMHO.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 14, 2005 09:41

SueieQ, I don't have a scanner but I understand Kinko's can put your picture on here. You're very encouraging. Maybe I will go down there to do it. It's very inexpensive. Guts not money is what's stopping me.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 14, 2005 01:19

Goodlife,I agree with you,men should show a definite interest by e-mailing rather than winking,I believe women like a man to take time out of there lives to really put an effort into showing how interested they are.I will admit though,I have wrote some detailed e-mails and have had no responce,you put such an effort in your e-mail with no responce is disheartening.This online dating is very amazing,I have had very little success.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 13, 2005 13:12

killian2005 write:
missprissypants,good picture! I don't post mine because it can't compare with all these beautiful women. As for winks, I know I'm one of the few but I like them.

how does any one know what turns another one on. yes there are pretty female here. but some men may not be looking for just pretty they could be looking for nice, loving caring types and if they find it in one as you. then to him your package looks better than all the rest to him. but he himself has to be the right man to know and to feel and understand that!
so if they are just looking for eye candy it is better that they stay away! a full and comperhensive package in the long run is worth more. but then again that is my thoughts LOL. why would a women want a man who did not want and like her for who she is inside and out.if they think that way he is not worth my time. get back and stay away! my beuty will fad. so then what will you love. oh so now it is time to do a trade! nope don't want that kind of man! think better of your self post the picture! there is no Competition. how silly is that thought! if he only has eyes for one there is no contest!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 13, 2005 12:53

this is good an a nice way of starting up the conversation so men and women can see what works with some and not with others.
I don't look at any of the options on a site as a nagative! however I do like it best when a man contacts this one with a few written words of what his intent is and a little more about him self!
It shows he has a better than Average interest in you. and the fact that he spent time in developing a thought and a desire to send to you. speaks more than a wink. but, a wise female know some of the ways of men. so you still look at the wink. because it is a tool that this site uses. and what is your purpose here to find someone or not. so you look at all things and yes they are measured, and weighted with in ones criteria or perferance of your own making. if he winks and you like him maybe. then you take pen in hand so to speak and get back with him. if not interested then. you can still say no thanks or do what you do. there is no right or wrong. but it is all in the commuication between two! my thoughts on the this topic of interest! today! LOL. peace! just do something!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 11, 2005 17:46

I get lots of winks and just put my pic on a few months ago, i did not for half a year, yes more response with one, and more men i would consider likeing. just don't put the best one of all, recent one though, my other pics look so much better, and if i like a guy, i will send more pics... i like to see who i am talking to now, like when i go out, so i can decide if i want to talk to you at all...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 10, 2005 21:05

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 10, 2005 20:50

Re: Winks
I personally don't tend to e-mail men who only send me winks.

First of all, I consider it flattering that someone would even consider winking at me as I have no picture posted on this website. But could this be someone who is randomly winking at women just hoping to get a detailed response? Secondly, if they took the time to read my profile, and, for that reason, found it necessary to make contact with me, why not take it just a step further and send an e-mail, even if it is just a few short lines about what they think we have in common?

Another really irritating thing to me is men who send me an e-mail and the only thing said in the e-mail is "Send me a picture". Well, DUH!! If you will talk intelligently with me and show me you are articulate, interesting, funny, etc., and worthy of a picture, then MAYBE you will get a picture! My reasons for not posting a pic on here are VERY valid. I have heard many stories of those who have experimented with on-line dating sites and posted pics getting bombarded with e-mails from the rif-raf who see a pretty face. I want to see what they're made of before I give them the "goods". Further, I live in a Southern city where it seems everyone knows everyone. I do have a career to protect and don't want to have my face plastered all over the internet.

As far as my winking at someone, I usually don't take the time to wink. If I find someone interesting and feel that we may have something in common, I will definitely e-mail them. I'm gonna get my money's worth!! And, that's coming from someone who was raised to believe that the female shouldn't contact the male. Hell, this weekend I had my first date from MM and it was with a guy I asked out!! I've come a long way from the old-fashioned school of thought that is supposed to go along with being a "Southern Belle".
OK. So you want to see a pic? Here it is! But not posting it on my profile!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 10, 2005 13:23

Why don't we just call it LIVER thread?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 10, 2005 05:07

Bonnie88 and billzeke almost make liver sound good! I personally do not like it but my father loves it. We go to a restaurant called Alexandris' and my father begs my mother to let him eat the liver. He's not suppose to because it is high in all the bad things that make food bad for you.