#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Pets > Cat loving men, please write! Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Cat loving men, please write!
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jun 30, 2005 06:03

(I accidentally posted this in the Family section, sorry about that!)

Most of the men I meet either hate cats or are deathly allergic to them.

Cats have always been a part of my life, even though I'm allergic to them myself (that's what meds are for, right?). They don't sleep in my bedroom, obviously!

But in my life I've never had fewer than 2 cats, never more than 6. Six was a bit much. Four was a party. Right now, two is perfect.

I'm a neat-freak so pet hair isn't an issue in my house, or is cat-smell. Just let me find a great man who isn't allergic!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 17, 2014 13:29

This is Muddy, i've had her since I was 11, i'm 19 now.

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 20, 2013 19:14

Excellent blog, I love cats too, these are the darlings of the house

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 20, 2013 02:02

Here is my cat Queeny!  She really is a Queen and I personally trained her to be just that.  She looks like she came from the Norweigen Forest Cat race, though she is a canadian like me.  We have been working on Quantum computing stuff together hehehe  She is way smart.  She loves to dance and listen to the birds.  I also love dogs, but right now I only have my Cat, Queeny.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 21, 2008 05:28

Quoting thegoodlife421:

(I accidentally posted this in the Family section, sorry about that!)

Most of the men I meet either hate cats or are deathly allergic to them.

Cats have always been a part of my life, even though I'm allergic to them myself (that's what meds are for, right?). They don't sleep in my bedroom, obviously!

But in my life I've never had fewer than 2 cats, never more than 6. Six was a bit much. Four was a party. Right now, two is perfect.

I'm a neat-freak so pet hair isn't an issue in my house, or is cat-smell. Just let me find a great man who isn't allergic!

Actaully on a popular fitness board I frequent, occassionally there's the "show us pics of your pet(s)" thread. The bodybuilders with cats outnumber those with dogs. My theory is it's more likely for a guy to live vicariously through a dog and the "in shape" fitness lifestyle guys are less inclined to find a need for that sort of ego boost. Cats are far more graceful and natural hunters blessed with speed and agility. The feline family tree in my opinion is far more impressive and the large cats would make a meal PDQ out of a simlilarily sized dog.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Apr 06, 2007 05:11

hi
My name is wayne and i love my cat and all cats. always have.i and my father own south east alaska wildlife center in ketchikan ak.we take care of injured wildlife and release them back to the wild.we do alot of bald eagles.we also have birds that cant be released so we keep them for educational purposes.i really like your profile and would love to chat take care till the wayne your very pretty.luv your smile

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 03, 2006 05:31

I have been owned by more cats for a longer time during my life than I have owned dogs. Yes, cats own us. One never owns a cat. Cats are my ideal pet.

I have actually had a cheetah as a pseudo-pet, and spent hours petting it when nobody was around to stop me.

So, if you are a looking for a man who likes cats, here I am.

reb1349

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 08, 2006 04:06

My cat was allergic to my boyfriend.
I got rid of the boyfriend. :-)

I have a 26 year young Russian Blue named Boris.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 12, 2006 10:10

I personally have 15 cats and adore them alot and have one dog as well as a rosella bird.

We have tidgy pud, floppy doppy, tank, tilly, ebony tibbles, monkey, whitey, felix, little pie, stevie, huey, duey, fi fi trixabell, honey and clover.
They do my head in at times like when i try to get into bed which is king size and they have hogged the lot and i find myself trying to squeeze into any space i can find. Which is normally the edge of the bed.

Most men dont like cats and they all say they are allergic which is just an excuse for many but ive recently met a gent as a friend whom i do like and he loves the fact i have so many cats so who knows where this will take me :-)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 28, 2005 23:05

I have a black marble bengal cat, He is part asian leopard and part egyptian mau he is perfect for people who normally do not like cats or people who have allergies as they do not have fur but a pelt , they are the softest cat you will ever pet. They play fetch like dogs ,love water and follow you around like a dog. I recommend you look into these beautiful creatures, who can resist such a great temperment and wild exotic looking creature?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 21, 2005 20:43

I am amazed...you have a 25 years old cat? I did not know they could live that long...I had a beautiful 13 year old Main-Coon Cat , he died last year. It was very hard on me, people don?t realize how loving and loyal they can get to be
I am amazed...you have a 25 years old cat? I did not know they could live that long...I had a beautiful 13 year old Main-Coon Cat , he died last year. It was very hard on me, people don?t realize how loving and loyal they can get to be

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 28, 2005 12:16

sharp1 write:

mikegh write:

1dsmits0444 write:
I'm a guy who loves cats. Grew up in a family who always had cats and now that I own my own place, I recently acquired one of my own(Porky). I've read that cats can reduce stress and help you and I have found this to be quite true. Also a lot easier to take care of than dogs. I know dogs are suppose to be the "guy thing," but somehow the cats won me over.

you would be surprised at how many "cat guys" there are out there. I frequent a couple of bodubuilding/fitness boards. On each of them there has been a "post pictures of your pet" thread. The guys with cats outnumbered those with dogs and it wasn't really that close. anyhow,I got to get back to watching the football game.

Each cat has it's own unique personality. Some are sooo loving and friendly to everyone. They follow you around wherever you go, then lay next to you or try to lay on top of you purring loudly.
Some cats are extremely shy and timid, they want to hide in the smallest covered corner when presented with any kind of new situation.
Some cats are very independent...they want TLC from you, but only when they want it...not necessarily when you want to give it.
Then there is the "one man/woman cat"...The owner says, "Oh, Buddy hates everyone, he only loves me!" These cats have a 3 star cautious rating! BEWARE!!! They are like wild bobcats! Handled only under sedation! lol or by owner!
Cats have attitudes, some worse than others. They will actually get pi_ssed off...and when they do...they will let you know...how?
1) Shredding the brandnew comforter you just bought for you Kingsize bed.
2) Peeing all over your bed, or couch and pillows.
3) Shredding your favorite chair, or sofa.
4) Peeing throughout your house on the carpet.

What might pi_ss a cat off to do the above? Leaving them home alone for a weekend! :-)

hahaha are you speaking from experience Sharp??

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 27, 2005 21:02

mikegh write:

1dsmits0444 write:
I'm a guy who loves cats. Grew up in a family who always had cats and now that I own my own place, I recently acquired one of my own(Porky). I've read that cats can reduce stress and help you and I have found this to be quite true. Also a lot easier to take care of than dogs. I know dogs are suppose to be the "guy thing," but somehow the cats won me over.

you would be surprised at how many "cat guys" there are out there. I frequent a couple of bodubuilding/fitness boards. On each of them there has been a "post pictures of your pet" thread. The guys with cats outnumbered those with dogs and it wasn't really that close. anyhow,I got to get back to watching the football game.

Each cat has it's own unique personality. Some are sooo loving and friendly to everyone. They follow you around wherever you go, then lay next to you or try to lay on top of you purring loudly.
Some cats are extremely shy and timid, they want to hide in the smallest covered corner when presented with any kind of new situation.
Some cats are very independent...they want TLC from you, but only when they want it...not necessarily when you want to give it.
Then there is the "one man/woman cat"...The owner says, "Oh, Buddy hates everyone, he only loves me!" These cats have a 3 star cautious rating! BEWARE!!! They are like wild bobcats! Handled only under sedation! lol or by owner!
Cats have attitudes, some worse than others. They will actually get pi_ssed off...and when they do...they will let you know...how?
1) Shredding the brandnew comforter you just bought for you Kingsize bed.
2) Peeing all over your bed, or couch and pillows.
3) Shredding your favorite chair, or sofa.
4) Peeing throughout your house on the carpet.

What might pi_ss a cat off to do the above? Leaving them home alone for a weekend! :-)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 27, 2005 19:33

mikegh write:

1dsmits0444 write:

HAhaha... funny, Mike... I'm surprised... a lot of men don't understand what cats are all about. In any event, the football game, was it with the Pats?? hehehe... my fav team!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 23, 2005 19:41

1dsmits0444 write:

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 31, 2005 22:54

My prayers go out to all who have to go through the utter devastation in New Orleans. It saddens my heart so to see so much sufferring. I pray nightly for those to receive some intervention as I know our country will swarm to the rescue like thousands of angels...I am bagging any thing I can think of that may be useful and sending it off...I believe their is a battle going on between forces of light and darkness beyond our total awareness...such horrible things as this are just ways to challenge our hope and faith and dim our lights....just harness the light and send loving energy and all you can send to help ...it is a time to come together as I know this is happening as I type these letters...God Please help the sufferring of all ....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Aug 30, 2005 22:51

URRICANE KATRINA....I feel so badly for everyone who has sufferd is this terrible, terrible tragady. My condolences to the families who lost loved ones and as animal lovers we should also feel the loss of all the poor stranded animals that were not evacuated and left behind to a cruel fate. This tragedy is going to be very very bad and there are still at this point lots of people and animals stranded so my prayers and hopefully everyone elses are with them. I suggested a new topic in the forum for potential support if even in prayer for these people. I can't imagine losing everything like this my heart truly bleeds for them. This picture is a picture of one of the beautifull statues in New Orleans that may no longer be there...it's title is GREIF

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Aug 30, 2005 19:42

i love cat too

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Aug 30, 2005 17:47

I was at my best friend's up North last Saturday; this is a pic I took of the 2 cats. The bigger one, Mogley, is her neighbor's but he always comes when she calls her own cat... lol

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 29, 2005 19:24

Too bad you didn't get to swim with one, bobcatmoon... it would have been exciting and challenging.
Cougars are my favorite wild cat. Maybe because they come from over here... I don't know. Maybe because they are a part of Native Americans' culture. Although I do like snow leopards and white tigers a lot.
Get a pic of your snow leopard when you go see your Mom, ok?