#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Newbies > feel like no one is interested Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
feel like no one is interested
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 26, 2005 10:38

Redy2bewithu You are such an asz. I do not want to get married at this time, that doesn't mean I am looking to have sex or be eye candy. Jeezz, you really need to think before you speak.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 26, 2005 02:43

ScrippsRanchMel, your daughter looks a lot like my girlfriend's children. I showed her the picture and she thought so, too. She told me she never fooled around with you. Have you ever been in Madison, Ohio?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 25, 2005 22:36

californiabunny write:

ScrippsRanchMel write:

ready2BwithU write:

sweetdeanne write:
I have people look at my profile but now response? Why? I am also emailing but no responses. Hmmm...

I know why. This one is easy to figure out. Because the first sentence in your "about me" section says that you are a single mom to a two year old. Not many men want a girl with baggage. They would rather have a girl without children or one who's children are grown and out of the house.

Oh my! I can't believe someone that thinks children are baggage. My daughter is THE BEST THING that has happened in my life. I suggest ready2BwithU that you reevaluate your life.

Here is my angel and I am very proud that she is my daughter.

I wouldn't date a guy that has kids. Kids are baggage to somebody that has none. I plan on having my own kids. I'm not taking care of his kids. My kids come first. His come last. Men know this and this is why most men and woman will not date other people with kids. They even specify it in their profile that they do not want somebody with kids or baggage. Not many single woman without kids would date a guy with kids. Smart men know that woman without children do not want a man with children unless she has children herself and want to combine the families.

ITS CAROL BRADY!!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 25, 2005 16:30

SweetDeanne, do not change anything in your profile. I believe children are a blessing. I have no children and I love the idea of being a stepmom. The more children a man has, the better. I know most women do not feel that way but I certainly do. I have a lot of love to share. You are only being honest about your child. You cannot hide your son from anyone you would be dating. I'm only 4'6" and I put it in my profile because I think any one I dated would notice that. Hang in there because not many men wink at me or send e-mails to me either. The few that do are very worthwhile people and I am having a great time in these forums. You will too.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 25, 2005 09:31

californiabunny write:

ScrippsRanchMel write:

ready2BwithU write:

sweetdeanne write:
I have people look at my profile but now response? Why? I am also emailing but no responses. Hmmm...

I know why. This one is easy to figure out. Because the first sentence in your "about me" section says that you are a single mom to a two year old. Not many men want a girl with baggage. They would rather have a girl without children or one who's children are grown and out of the house.

Oh my! I can't believe someone that thinks children are baggage. My daughter is THE BEST THING that has happened in my life. I suggest ready2BwithU that you reevaluate your life.

I wouldn't date a guy that has kids. Kids are baggage to somebody that has none. I plan on having my own kids. I'm not taking care of his kids. My kids come first. His come last. Men know this and this is why most men and woman will not date other people with kids. They even specify it in their profile that they do not want somebody with kids or baggage. Not many single woman without kids would date a guy with kids. Smart men know that woman without children do not want a man with children unless she has children herself and want to combine the families.

A man or woman who perceives another's children as baggage does not "LOVE" children! Anyone who "LOVES" children will accept someone else into their life who may have young children, or teenagers. Children inject our lives with laughter and incredible happiness. I LOVE kids, and I know that I have an incredible relationship with my daughter that not too many mother's have with a 16 yr old. I'd accept a man with kids. I believe the more the merrier. When my kids were very young, and even now in their teens...it has always been "me, my kids, and 1, 2, 3, or 4 of their friends." Most parents wouldn't conceive of that scenario...I have 3 good friends who are like me. We have alot of fun together.

Grant it, when one enters into a relationship with another, both having kids...they have a history with their own kids. It is natural to "love" them with all your heart. The new kids coming into the relationship will probably 'never' be loved in the same manner. But they can still be loved, cared for, a good relationship nurtured between the children & step-parent. The onus is on the adult to make that effort, because young kids do not have our intellectual capacity to understand everything. They will not put forth that effort, especially if they see the step-parent resents them. Favortism for one's own children must be kept to a minimum or nil! Adults need to provide structure and guidance...setting good examples for these children by our own actions. It encompasses the capacity to have some love in their heart for all children...not just one's own.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 25, 2005 09:02

californiabunny write:

I wouldn't date a guy that has kids. Kids are baggage to somebody that has none. I plan on having my own kids. I'm not taking care of his kids. My kids come first. His come last.

Wow, that is pretty harsh. I think statements like this tell you alot more about a person's character, maturity, and compassion than a 10 page self written profile.

I have no problem with people who prefer to date someone without children as there are certainly alot of logical and practical reasons for that preference. But to refer to children as "baggage" shows an apalling lack of compassion and sensitivity and to say that, in a melded family, "my kids come first, his kids come last" ......well, I would pity ANY child who would have a parent/step-parent with that kind of attitude.

When some people reach a certain age, after decades of being concerned and occupied with only their own personal needs (me, me, me syndrome) I think it's best just to keep the formula simple by not adding any distracting inconveniences (ie: CHILDREN) that might negatively impact their preferred focus (themselves).

As a father of one grown child, allow me to say this: Helping to raise and nurture a child (whether or not it is your own biological child)and seeing that child become a wonderful and productive adult is THE most important, rewarding, and fufilling thing you will EVER do. PERIOD!

Sweetdeanne, don't let the naysayers (especially the troll from Beverly Hills - yeah right!) get you down. If any guy has issues with you having a child he is definitely not the one for you and certainly not somebody you want anywhere near your child. Just remember your priorities and be patient. Good things will come...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 23, 2005 14:13

Mel...your back!!!! Great to see you!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 22, 2005 20:09

ready2BwithU write:

sweetdeanne write:

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 22, 2005 16:46

dont worry darling, it's probably none of that.. you know what.. i havent really had any hits on here either.. there is a lot of women on here (as if you couldnt tell by all the female posters) and it's hard to find someone.. just give it time.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 22, 2005 13:21

If they can't handle the fact that I have a son, then I don't need them. I don't consider having a kid "baggage". I am not looking for a daddie for him on this site, he has one. Ugh!
Someone should want to be with me because of Me.
Also,I am not willing to relocate.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 21, 2005 23:39

Hi-
This is my first post. I checked out your profile, and it seems fine. I do have two suggestions (not criticisms :-))
1) I would change the sentence "I do take very well care of myself" to "I take very good care of myself."
2) Is it possible, if you met Mr.Right, that you would be willing to relocate? If not, certainly don't lie about it. But if you think you could, state that in your profile. It might open up some other possibilities.
Anyway, other than that you seem nice and normal, so just hang in there! Something will happen. Good luck...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 21, 2005 23:08

ready2BwithU write:

sweetdeanne write:

I don't think this is true at all. There are probably more men that enjoy children than not.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 21, 2005 06:09

sweetdeane...Don't even think about changing what you have written on your profile! You are being honest that you have children, what are you to do..lie? Than you get in a relationship and "Surprise!" I dont think so. I have 4 children and it states that clearly in my profile..my children are number one in my life..and always come first..the man whom I share my life with will have to accept that or keep moving on past me. If the men that look at your profile and can't handle the fact you have a child..than they are not worth your time, they must be too shallow and self centered..do you really want to raise another one? And I mean "antoher one' as a man? Stick with it..