#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Interracial relationship > Interracial Relationships Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Interracial Relationships
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 05, 2005 21:15

hi stupot01 one thing everyone is forgetting,dating is not marrage.i have been married to a very specailw= woman that happen to be black.the streets are hard on you when you are in interraceail relationship. black men don't like quote there wemon with white guys,white don't take it searous. say they are not racest but there words and actions say otherwise. i know what he's talking about.youre not free to intermingle even in the famliys .when siblings get mad or jealous the race thing comes out agasnt both parties. don't get me wrong,I LOVE BLACK WEMEN.they are the most loving and careing ,that is my opinion.i have not ment to insult or anger anyone,but face it this world we live in is not as nice as some would like to beleave

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 25, 2005 16:53

Hi Neighbor,

I'm in Atlanta too and I've found that there are good and bad people no matter what the color of their skin. I'm not attracted to black men at all and not sure what I think about interracial relationships. I just know that it's not for me.
It sounds like there was a lot more to be concerned about with your lady rather than just who she dated.
Whew....lol
Hi Neighbor,

I'm in Atlanta too and I've found that there are good and bad people no matter what the color of their skin. I'm not attracted to black men at all and not sure what I think about interracial relationships. I just know that it's not for me.
It sounds like there was a lot more to be concerned about with your lady rather than just who she dated.
Whew....lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 24, 2005 15:58

problems are never about the race or color (unless you are a racist) but of differences in cultural upbringing or social background if nobody is ready to take a step beyond their own boundaries of their beliefs and prejudices ...
I have been in relationships with women of different races, mixes and cultures and race was never an issue at all ... issues were only differences in values or views of life and relationship ... and I experienced full blooded germans had the least longing for commitment ... and money was never an issue either except for the germans who like to go dutch ... but still I wouldn't care about the genes and only about the person living inside.
problems are never about the race or color (unless you are a racist) but of differences in cultural upbringing or social background if nobody is ready to take a step beyond their own boundaries of their beliefs and prejudices ...
I have been in relationships with women of different races, mixes and cultures and race was never an issue at all ... issues were only differences in values or views of life and relationship ... and I experienced full blooded germans had the least longing for commitment ... and money was never an issue either except for the germans who like to go dutch ... but still I wouldn't care about the genes and only about the person living inside.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 20, 2005 20:25

I have dated a lot of white guys in my life and they are awesome. My last boyfriend was very cool and his attitude about the whole thing was amazing. Being that he was mr. fortune 500 business guy. It never seem to bother him which to me made him worldly, humble and very attractive. Plus, it is a total myth about white guys in bed. I can surely say it was fantastic. But, you do have to be aware of those who are just looking for the experience and not the person.
I have dated a lot of white guys in my life and they are awesome. My last boyfriend was very cool and his attitude about the whole thing was amazing. Being that he was mr. fortune 500 business guy. It never seem to bother him which to me made him worldly, humble and very attractive. Plus, it is a total myth about white guys in bed. I can surely say it was fantastic. But, you do have to be aware of those who are just looking for the experience and not the person.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 19, 2005 02:10

have dated Caucasian gentlemen since I was 9years old when the first boy I kiss was my neighbor who was a young Caucasian boy. Now mind you at that time people against inter-racial relationships was still a ta bu and many African Americans still harbor ill feelings and my family was hard press about me dating out side our race but as long as I like the gentlemen and they treated me right they could not say much. Well that was many years ago now one of those same uncles married a Caucasian woman and I have others in my family including my mother also are dating out of our race as she so nicely put it one time (SMILE) this is the international house lol. But what is race really there are so many of us including myself that has so many different race with in ourselves even those who think other wise. I believe if you really trace your family tree back far enough you will find that you more then likely yourself are of an inter-racial family of some sort. What are we anyway are we a color or just the human race with different shades. As long as you and your partner are happy then all else will soon fall in place and think about it real love is not found easily. So are you going too let your possible soul mate or best friend the person when all else goes wrong and everyone else turns on you they are the person that will always be by your side. Even when your family is not talking too you they are there for you and so are you really willing too let them go because of what others think. Are you willing to give up your happiness just because someone else is trying too push their hatred and closed minded issues upon you. I am not willing to be lonely for someone else who probably has some one and more then likely are miserable and just want me too miserable to.
Others are followers because they are afraid too lead I myself prefer too be a head of the pack not behind. Most of those people criticizing us secretly wish they had the courage to go where do to leap out and grab their happiness instead of settling for less.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 08:29

I agree with everyone. There are so many other thing' to worry about. Why limit yourself with LOVE. But then were different! Everyone of us want LOVE; and the haters do to,they just dont know how to recieve it. And its not going to come from your racist neighbor. I am a sexy black southern female and I love a sexy white man. From redneck to rich. Everything is a learning experience; why not try them all!!!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 13, 2005 15:01

I TRULY BELIEVE COLOR OR RACE IS NOT AN ISSUE IT IS ALL ABOUT THE PERSON. FACT 1 BEFORE MARRIAGE STUDY YOUR PARTNERS CULTURE!!!! ALL CULTURES ARE VERY DIFFERENT. FACT 2 LOVE THAT PERSON FOR WHO THEY ARE NOT THE COLOR THEY ARE AND DISCUSS YOUR INTERESTS IN YOUR FUTURE BEFOREHAND!!!! I WAS MARRIED FOR 13 YEARS TO AN AFRICAN AMERICAN AND BECAUSE THAT DIDN'T WORK OUT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS COLOR!!! :) DON'T PUT EVERYONE IN A CATEGORY BECAUSE OF PAST FAILURES

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 09, 2005 12:31

Kelly, tranquil water...ummm .. have you ever been in 15-18 foot waves.... might change your mind a little...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 09, 2005 12:03

cutiepie is so right. You have to look past the beauty on the outside because if you listen you will hear what's on the inside. I too have dated outside of my race for awhile now and had no problem accepting who I was with or introducing them to anyone. Check within yourself and judge individually. Kell

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 07, 2005 15:56

I must agree with cutiipie. Like cutiipie, I was somewhat insulted by your post. I'm not seeking a mealticket, I'm seeking a decent, hardworking man, whether that man is Indian, Italian, Caucasian or African.

I am the offspring of an interracial marriage. Both of my parents are multi-racial. I didn't realize that my parents were different from one another until SOCIETY brought it to my attention. For the most part, it was wonderful growing up in a multi-cultural home where we celebrated many different customs.

I've dated men of different races and when the relationship failed, I didn't view it from a "race" perspective. I looked WITHIN myself and WITHIN my mate to troubleshoot the reason for the failed relationship. Skin color is merely a "shell" that encases the inner person. People become who they are based on how they were raised and their experiences in life.

In my opinion it has nothing to do with one's skin color. I have had troubled relationships with black, white, asian, and bi-racial men. However, that doesn't prevent me from dating any other man from that same race.

I took the time to evaluate THE TYPE of man that I'm dating and when I did that, I realized that ALL of the guys that I dated, although they were of different nationalites, they shared the same basic ( negative) characteristics that I was subconsciously drawn to. And of course, I had my own personal issues that I needed to tend to and change.

Love is COLOR blind.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 21, 2005 19:05

I don't want to sound negative, but the old saying goes, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me", dear you have been "fooled" 3 times! I'd hope that you may want to look deep within yourself to see what issues you may have to that played a part in these failed marriages. Let's not play the blame game.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 31, 2005 09:04

Hi there! I am sorry about your failed marriages. But don't you think you learned something from that past marriages and I guess better know someone from the heart deeply before you jump into another relationship. Interracial relation is good coz you are learning something about the others culture. Love is powerful and both partner should look at the same direction and there should be a lot of understanding and compromising.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 18, 2005 22:40

mix , mixing, mixed...
red, green.. blue, black, brown , yellow..
the rainbow won't be so magnificent if God did not decide to use his color palettes..
so mixing is good..beautiful, magnificent

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 04, 2005 10:43

I definitely agree with cutiepie..I am from Bimini, Bahamas and Ive never been one to look at color of ones skin. I view myself as colorblind...Although it is funny how society treats you in public. I have an Irish/scottish son with natural blue eyes and sandy blonde hair and it is unbelievable how many people will actually converse with me verses when I am by my shy self..funny that way I guess but I would love for more men to feel less intimidated and approach me if interested..I dont bight at least not hard, lol. :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 29, 2005 14:09

sorry about your failed marriages, but maybe instead of looking at the race

issue, maybe they were infact your own insecurites.I have dated white men

for a while now, and have yet to experience any of the things you

mentioned.Maybe your mistake was not feeling comfortable with you own

choices, and as you mentioned these women were not African -American

women.All black women( one of which would be me) do not look for a man for

clothing or a meal ticket or for other material things.So I would advise you to

take a long hard look in the mirror before "urging" anyone to do anything

Hello cutiipie,

Well, I am the first to admit that I?m not perfect by any stretch of the imagination and do not seek perfection in my partner; moreso such things as care, support, affection, respect, trust, as indeed were the things I always endeavoured to give. Perhaps you are right, insomuch as my marriage break-ups could have just as likely occurred, had my partners been Caucasians...All I was trying to describe, were my own experiences, as they happened. Of course, I felt comfortable with my choices when they were first made...In many if not most relationships, they start off in a very positive way, where everything is ?great,? e.g. the fun, the companionship, the discovery, the exchange of views, the intimacy etc. I am no exception to this.

I apologise if you felt insulted by my small anecdote. As you say, my partners were not afro-american but asian and afro-caribbean. There probably is a marked difference in cultures as perhaps Iran and Barbados are still considered part of the developing world.

By the way, my ?urge? was addressed to those of us who are risk averse as I feel that they are possibly even more likely than I to fail.

I will however take your advice and take a long, hard look in the mirror before doing any more ?urging.?