#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Interracial relationship > Interracial Relationships Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Interracial Relationships
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 26, 2005 16:20

I am a Caucasian Englishman (is there such a thing?) and have been married three times, the first a caucasian english lady, the second an Iranian beauty and the third an Afro-Caribbean lady from Barbados....

Three may seem like failure to some, but I look upon them all as valuable life experiences. The time I spent with each woman is a treasured part of my life and I would not change any part of the ups and downs of each relationship...but read on!

For the risk averse, I would urge caution in dabbling in a mixed race relationship. The cultural differences can very likely take their toll, plus what I term the "inside out" scenario, where the lady feels defensive about introducing somebody "different" to her own family and friends, no matter how keen the man is..

Does love conquer all? In an ideal world..yes! However, my last two marriages bear testament to the contrary. The Iranian I discovered later in the marriage, had a violent streak which created a "battered husband" scenario and the ultimate Barbadian lady, whom I loved fiercely, appeared to see me as just a meal ticket, and I was too blinded by love to see it...When we had to tighten belts a bit, she jumped ship in prompt fashion..

I am however, not discouraged in any way and am looking to meet another lady from a different ethnic background from myself..My ex-wife (the Barbadian) summed it up when she uttered to me the immortal words after the first sexual encounter, "Once you've had black, you never go back."

Comments?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 18, 2012 02:17

Very well said, and rings with so much truth. When it's all said and done we are all human beings. Either Man or Woman. That is how God sees us.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 16, 2011 19:41

sounds like you were looking for love in all the wrong places

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 10, 2011 00:19

Try this thread for some insight on culture in dating.

Do american guys really like chinese girls?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 27, 2010 07:48

I don't think the problem was dating outside your race. I think the problem is the type of women you are attracted to.  There's likely something similar about the three women you chose to marry.   Instead of blaming marrying outside your race as the problem, you need to take a closer look at yourself and assess why you're attracted to the same kind of women. If you don't figure that out and make a conscious effort to change it, you'll  repeat the same mistake again. You'll choose the wrong women, even if she's from the same race as you.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 31, 2010 08:14

im another englishman living in america,my black girlfriends tell me something different,they say when u go white ,u doing it right.what kind of man let a woman whup on him,he describes other races as though they r aliens.id whup his ass too.women will never respect a man who thinks they can use or beat him.where has he been living,not in my world for sure.he should watch the jerry springer show to get some self defense tips,now all the haters can come n hate some more...smiles

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 30, 2010 08:12

Well said....

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 30, 2010 06:25

Sorry for your failed marriages/relationships .I'm sorry I can't hear those ladies side of the story, but anyway, my advice to you
Stupot01 is to look at the mirror and ask yourself..what's wrong with me? and maybe you can understand why you had three failed relationships instead of blaming and finding faults. You may end up collecting and discarding...lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 30, 2010 02:54

I'm certainly not sure who you have dated but being an African American woman we do have values and are definitely family oriented. For you to say such a thing is absurd.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 07, 2010 16:37

I find it vey wonderful and encoraging. I have great respect for anyone who is living outside the box when it comes to find your true love, even if it means marrying outside your culture. We have to get with the program and remember that you are find that person interesting to you and one should not care what others may think. I am not limiting my search for my partner. I am taking advantage of every option availabe for me to find my ture love and you shoul all do the same as wel.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 09, 2009 17:49

I have had my troubles with white men. black men all men so it's not the color of the skin.

Joyce3221

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 20, 2009 07:24

is that i like all typs of women so i dont see race but were iam from we stand up for that but i have never beeen married i need the right one but

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 04, 2009 15:44

Quoting stupot01:

I am a Caucasian Englishman (is there such a thing?) and have been married three times, the first a caucasian english lady, the second an Iranian beauty and the third an Afro-Caribbean lady from Barbados....

Three may seem like failure to some, but I look upon them all as valuable life experiences. The time I spent with each woman is a treasured part of my life and I would not change any part of the ups and downs of each relationship...but read on!

For the risk averse, I would urge caution in dabbling in a mixed race relationship. The cultural differences can very likely take their toll, plus what I term the "inside out" scenario, where the lady feels defensive about introducing somebody "different" to her own family and friends, no matter how keen the man is..

Does love conquer all? In an ideal world..yes! However, my last two marriages bear testament to the contrary. The Iranian I discovered later in the marriage, had a violent streak which created a "battered husband" scenario and the ultimate Barbadian lady, whom I loved fiercely, appeared to see me as just a meal ticket, and I was too blinded by love to see it...When we had to tighten belts a bit, she jumped ship in prompt fashion..

I am however, not discouraged in any way and am looking to meet another lady from a different ethnic background from myself..My ex-wife (the Barbadian) summed it up when she uttered to me the immortal words after the first sexual encounter, "Once you've had black, you never go back."

Comments?

Hey, as long as white guys are cool with playing in the dark, I don't mind playing in the snow...and I've dated many a snowman! LOL

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 15, 2009 23:51

I know this very well as well. I moved to the states to get married (I am white, he was black). I have never limited myself by color,culture nor religion. (my first husband was a muslim) but what happened to me in the states I would have never expected to exist anymore. his family was acting out, especially his sisters, they gave me a very special welcome, but I am a strong woman and I went through. we got married and we lived together for many years. anyway....the states have huge problems with racism..we got stopped by police for driving to fast, which was not the case, but we were an interracial couple...we got cursed out by black woman in shopping malls...we got stared at...my husband had even problems finding a job as they found out about our relationship. it is a sad thing that this can still happen in the 21st century....but racism is getting worse everywhere again....with the economy getting worse, that will become worse as well. living in germany now (without a husband) and feeling it here as well - I have mixed kids!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 06, 2009 10:39

I have only been married once. I better get busy. :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 28, 2009 12:20

Hmmm, I agree with lovelylotus. I am a white woman born in Zimbabwe and I lived in South Africa for 23 years before moving to the UK. I have had a few inter racial relationships..and it's not about colour or culture, it's definitely about the person's heart and attitude. People are so hung up about race and that's sad. As a white woman in South Africa years ago, it was frowned upon to have a relationship with a black or mixed race man..but I never let it stop me following my heart. I dated two amazing mixed race men, and even an older muslim man for a while. My first husband (yes I have been married twice tut lol) was of mixed race and he physically abused me the whole time we were married, as did my second husband who is white.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 03, 2007 05:57

i wanna get married three times tooooooooooooooo

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 03, 2006 17:37

Honey,you just chose the wrong people. You will land the lady of your dreams, we still exist you know...kisses Jade

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 03, 2006 11:31

I dont mean to be a dumb blonde but what the heck is a Troll as in your definition Steve lol ???

A troll here in the UK is an ugly short beast that partly resembles a human being but with its beast side included that lurks on bridges and wants to eat you lol or it was when i went to school in the books i read.

Steve your troll pic looks too cute. Do they come as pets?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 03, 2006 08:20

Asapasap apparently you have the internet so you can further your research.

Check the stats on how much "money" is given to inner city schools compared to how much money is spent on suburban schools. Chose any city and you will find that suburban schools are given far, far, far more money than inner city schools. And to make matters worse, a lot of people who live in suburbs send their kids to private schools.

Why would that be important? Education is the key to success.

You'll also find out that more white Americans are on welfare than any other race in America and apparently they don't live in inner cities any more. You'll find out that white americans are breeding far more than any other race. 72% Americans are white, so we really can't blame the "inner" city for usurping our resources...