#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Newbies > Is it safe to assume that everybody on this site is the.... Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Is it safe to assume that everybody on this site is the....
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 08, 2006 11:16

Out of curiosity. I can live my life alone for the rest of my life to avoid any more debilitating man grief, but on the off chance that a single, decent man exists that fits me like a designer dream dress that is somehow just floating around...well, I suppose it's worth a look. I could spend my time browsing in Walmart or on Rodeo drive...

I don't like the shopping process; I often don't like the people I have to deal with; I just like nice fitting, well thought out, classic clothes that flatter me and are worth the investment.

I hope my analogy holds up.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 06, 2006 22:38

I would define a "golddigger" as someone who wants to be with the other ONLY for material gain and without too much interest in giving anything in return. One doesnt have to be a millionaire to be attractive to the real gold diggers, because they will know how to manipulate you regardless of the size of your bank account.

There ARE genuine men out there who love to take care of a woman in every way.. and there ARE genuine women who will reciprocate with respect,love, affection and care for their men.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 06, 2006 06:23

Ron1001 write:
People with higher incomes are typically brighter and more sophisticated than the average Joe/Jane. So I joined with the expectations that I am more likley to meet interesting people on here.

Indeed. But by the same token, that is exactly what would attract the less than desirables who think that this site [in particular] is for millionaires who just want to have S.E.X and are willing to pay for it one way or another.

I guess that is society for you. There's nothing that can be done about stereotypes I suppose.

At the end of the day, everyone (both male and female) get to pay for sex in one form or another. Its not like we haven't evolved from the typical neanderthal who can't tell right from wrong - at least most of the time.

At the end of the day, there is a fine line that marks the difference between taking a date out and spending $1000 on a dinner night out (evenutally mutually falling in love etc) and blowing $250 on a couple of outings (with the same person), having sex, then finding out thats it not what you want and subsequently moving along. In both cases, assuming you actually had S.E.X with or without a gold digger, you're out some pennies. What it means to you, is entirely what you make of it.

This whole nonsense about gold diggers is just another of society's [unfortunate] tags. If you can't spot a gold digger during your first few outings, then you and your dollars deserve to be separated.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 06, 2006 06:15

Well, I joined the site because a friend of mine mentioned it. He found success here. He met a woman whom he later married. They are expecting a child.

Earlier in the thread, someone said a millionaire can just pick any woman he wants. Thats just pure adulterated rubbish for the most part.

I am a millionaire, many times over. I have been one since early twenties. I never remember once thinking that because I am wealthy, that the [female] world was my oyster. To think and/or infer such, is just plain egotistical and narcissistic.

By the same token, there is nothing wrong with a woman - or a man for that matter - wanting a financially stable partner. If we - as an intelligent species - can pick and choose our mates (thankfully without going through some ludicrous, ridiculous, arduous and down right comical ritual like other species and castes from our own species) by their beauty, height, weight, gender etc, I don't see why the size of their bank a/c should be off-limits.

At the end of the day, you usually don't get what you're looking for. And whatever you end up with, more often than nought, is part of a pattern that [sociologically] has nothing to do with the initial choice.

I could care less if a woman partners with me because of the size of my bank account. All I care about is that she loves and honors me and treats me with the respect that I deserve and that she does not bring shame or disrepect to my house.

At the end of the day, no matter what anyone thinks, we ALL end up paying for our partners anyway. Whether it is $500 dinner, $500 dress or the $100 tie. If a partner is deserving and one can afford it, then they are more than entitled to it.

At the end of the day, you get what you put in. If you end up with a gold digger, then its your own fault for settling for less. Then again, to be perfectly honest, what is a gold digger by anyone's [sane] standards? If you feel you're running around loose with a gold digger, either get out or get a prenu

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 05, 2006 12:28

People with higher incomes are typically brighter and more sophisticated than the average Joe/Jane. So I joined with the expectations that I am more likley to meet interesting people on here.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jun 26, 2006 14:47

Very interesting to read what everyone wrote and all write something different.
Me, I'm on here to see if the men on here are more decent & honest than the ones on the other personal sites. I have met many men on the other sites only to be disappointed that they were not employed or going through divorce & don't have a dime to their name or only want one thing...S E X!
I am optimistic that perhaps this site has something the other sites don't....men who are well-established in their lives.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 24, 2006 00:11

I have put a profile on several websites for singles. The others do not specifically target or make mention of "millionaires". This is an additional way to try and meet someone.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jun 11, 2006 15:09

kate2112 write:
I actually read an article about it and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Gold-digger I am not, as I will be earning enought in the future (once im dont with school), so that blows your theory.

I hope they teach spelling in that school you aren't 'dont' with yet.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jun 09, 2006 11:32

I thought you was hot looking,but I see I was WRONG.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jun 06, 2006 20:33

Where is Charlie? That is how I got here. I am digging for Charlie!!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jun 06, 2006 12:18

I actually read an article about it and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Gold-digger I am not, as I will be earning enought in the future (once im dont with school), so that blows your theory.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jun 04, 2006 00:49

sshaun002 write:
"G" word. Can I say golddigger or is that blasphemy?

In all seriousness, why did you happen to chose this site over others?

Just curious to see what kinds of people seek 'millionares'.

Your question is an honest one shaun, and you may have noticed you received answers from a whole bunch of really beautiful women. The reason I started with MM is because this dating site really does have some of the nicest eye candy of all, both women AND men. I think the members here appreciate the importance of putting their best foot forward in order to attract a lover and they most often do a very impressive job of it!

Another reason I'm here is because, although I don't clasify myself as wealthy, (because as soon as I have money, I run out and buy more paint and ink cartridges to continue my works) I AM an artist and a writer and have spent my entire life working, hanging out and rubbing elbows with people of higher education, an entrepreneurial spirit and ... their own means of livelihood.

I'm a little eccentric and a slightly flakey artist/writer so I'm accepted in ALL circles - the rich, art-appreciating crowd, the literary, humour-reading bunch and also the pan-handler on the street whom I regularly give to because I consider what they're doing to be "their job."

I may not be "model beautiful," but I'm sophisticated, witty, hilarious, passionate, sexy and I'm on the prowl. LOL That, and many other things, are what I bring to the table.

Do you have an older brother? LOL

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 03, 2006 23:21

I found this site when i googled, 'largest dating site', (i am on several others also). I haven't googled 'golddiggers' yet, but how much you wanna bet, i'll find this site again?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 29, 2006 16:02

Actually I think there are more men/women here not becaue of the title of the website, but because so many people have found a partner here and it has been successful.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 29, 2006 05:09

I've never been a gold digger, as far as requiring that the guy make enough to be considered "rich" and can't think of a single one I've dated that would qualify as such. I'd at least like the guy to make enough to where, unlike some of the ones I've dated, he isn't mooching off of MY income or scoping out the inside of my apartment for things to steal.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 28, 2006 09:12

I read an article about this site whilst sat in the hair salon yesterday and thought I would take a look. I'm not a gold digger at all, I hold a very professional career as a scienitst and make enough money to enjoy my life but I would like to meet someone who is a professional also, someone who is a little more refined than the usual chaps around town.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 26, 2006 21:14

I'm here to make myself available to men of the same caliber and similar upbringing. I am seeking true love and companionship and don't consider myself to be a "gold digger".

I make a modest living, but, I have more capital than the average person and I would have had more had I not married a man who leached off my equities. I could retire now and live off my investments, but hey...what's a few more years doing a 40 hr work week to ensure that my investments will grow and there will be more waiting for me when I retire at 45.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 26, 2006 18:57

Fierfly72 write:
Just as we are here, so are you, what does that make you?....a man of large ego as well as pocketbook?

Maybe we are all princesses simply looking for our prince!!!

No disrespect intended! :)

Hey girls, your replies actually do make sense :)

I guess there is nothing wrong with seeking a man that is financially sound.

When I think about it, I'm actually interseted in a woman that is equally as independent as I am. Financial burdens are one of the biggest causes of marital discord and divorces. To be enriched with a partner physically, financially, and emotionally is ideal.

I guess my question was for women who do not have anything to bring to the table except maybe looks. A man with money can handpick beautiful women so their really needs to be more there, at least I think so.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 25, 2006 13:18

Just as we are here, so are you, what does that make you?....a man of large ego as well as pocketbook?

Maybe we are all princesses simply looking for our prince!!!

No disrespect intended! :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 25, 2006 12:02

There is nothing wrong with being here to meet a higher class of men. I work very hard to be independent. It would be nice to meet a guy who is just as ambitious and wants to work with me to obtain the things we want in life. To me it is a partner ship, so not all of us are the "G" word.