#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Defeat Scammers > Be careful of Scammers Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Be careful of Scammers
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 03, 2014 09:55

Please be careful, I was scammed again this week by someone who portrayed himself one way and then when he had to go to Malaysia on business. Although he called me everyday from Malaysia on the 5th day he asked for me to wire him money as he had a problem with his credit card.  Please be careful, I have learned that men who financial secure don"t borrow money from women.  You can also check out this website for their name: http://www.male-scammers.com.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Apr 14, 2014 07:43

SmilesChuckles,

I just read your paragraph in the forum.  Guess what, I think we may have gotten the same scammer.  All that you have said about him is exactly the same as to what I experienced.  He said he owned a Antique store in North Carolina.  Had to go to Malaysia to sign for a shipment of goods that he was having shipped to the U.S.  (which i questioned). Also called from Malaysia.  Quickly started talking about romance and how he loved me etc. When we spoke on the phone I could barely understand him.  He sounded alot younger than 62 years old.  Also had me get on Instant Messages.  Blah,Blah,Blah.  I fell for it in the beginning, but started questioning his motives.  I ended up googling his name and sure enough his name came up on RomanceScammers.com. and InternetPig.  After reading about him I continued conversing just to find out more information. Waited for him to ask the big question. (needing money).  Promising to pay back with interest. It was then that he asked me for $18,000 which had something to do with his shipment. BUSTED!!!!!! 2 different identities. 

What really bugged me is that he was the first one that I connected with.  Was new to online dating. I know question anyone that shows an interest in me.  To say the least, I LEARNED A HUGE LESSON......

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share