#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Religion > Wow Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Wow
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 31, 2005 13:25

I have not read all the posts of every thread in the religious section.
I have, however, read enough to see that many of those who claim to be christian, really have no idea what being a christian is all about. I also can easily see that many others who refute all forms of religion belong to one even though they deny it.

Religion: (ri-lij'en)
1. The belief in and reverence for a supernatural power accepted as the creator and governor of the universe. 2. A specific unified system of expression.
3. The pursuit of an objective with fervor or conscientious thought.

I see some "christians" who really have no reverence for God, and their actions speak volumes.

I see some "aesthists" who refuse to acknowledge that their pursuit of denial has become a religion for them.

But aside from the symantics of the raging religious foolishness in these forums, I see many people who behave without manners or self-restraint.

Name calling, derogatory insinuations, belittlement of others.

If I were looking for a mate, those traits would most likely cause me to look elsewhere.

Is that being judgemental? Yes, and I am fully prepared to be judged just the same as I have judged. Based on character.

A note for everyone might be this:

For those who think that a belief in God is foolish, time will tell.

For those who think that they are duty bound to beat God into the heads of the non-believers, Jesus said "I will knock, and he who opens the door, I will sup with him."(Jesus did not force himself on anyone, nor should you. Jesus loved you in the midst of your sin, so should you love them also)

I personally, believe in God, Jesus, and the Bible. I also believe that God gave us free will to choose him, or to not choose him. If I believe God gave us free will, how could justify me taking it away from you? If you choose to not belief in God, I am okay with that. I wont degrade you because I am no better than anyone else, christian or not. I would expect the same respect and treatment from others, whether they are christian or not.

**For those who are interested: You may find this book an interesting read.

The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel

He was a non-believer, and a legal journalist. His wife turned to christianity, and he panicked. Thinking that he would lose the lifestyle that he so enjoyed, he set out to disprove Jesus, and christianity. His book is the documented history of his 2 years of research. All his sources are footnoted. It is not boring or dry, far from a textbook. The library probably has a copy so you could read it for free. Then perhaps you might have more information upon which to make your decision.

To everyone here on MM I hope you find that which you seek, a friend, a mate, or perhaps both.

For those who were offended by my post, I apologize.
Rant if you must. Rave if you like.

Best wishes,
Sacredscientist

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 07, 2005 23:59

Everyone gives some good advice sometimes.

I just read about the advice you (thegoodlife) give on not approaching men on this site and very much disagree. Truly perhaps there are men that are offered so much that its better if they are left to choose the women on their own, but if that is the case, they don't need to be on this site. It's just as important for men to know that a woman is interested in them as vice versa, so if a woman makes the first move, it is not a mistake, merely showing that she is brave enough to show what she wants.
If women have to hide their desire to meet a good man, then why should they even bother to join a site like this? There are men that might be intimidated by women that know what they want, but those kind of men expect women to sit around waiting for men to make the first move and if they don't should wait until they get petrified, which is just not being realistical because a lot of men neither have the time nor the interest to go searching for women and would rather that they show themselves.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 07, 2005 12:44

At least somebody's giving some good advice here (thegoodlife)...

My advice? ...
always take good advice, it can only make life easier and better...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 25, 2005 15:58

As a first time visitor to the "religion" section, I am BLOWN AWAY by people's delusions . . . the biggest delusion of all being that one can change another person's mind based upon SOMETHING YOU JUST POSTED ON AN INTERNET FORUM.

Religion is a personal thing. There will be no mind-changing here, no 11th hour conversions, no big insights transmitted to the masses. It just won't happen.

Please use this section for finding likeminded individuals . . . it's the only way this part of the forum will ever have any REAL worth. All this debate is akin to piszing in the wind!

Available only
to logged in members

Chat now 
Posted on Sat, Sep 24, 2005 14:51

magnifikat write:
Hey, miliionaires and wanna-bes!
Mr. Sacred, I hope I can meet you..it's true that we shouldn't "beat" our beliefs into anyone; historically, it's obviously fruitless. Rather, why not, "walk the walk", and not just talk. Let people be drawn to your beliefs based on the goodness, truth and wholesomeness of your works..doesn't it somewhere say, "faith without works is dead"? That's why I'm taking my time here: I'm working on finding the one who's looking for me.

My biggeset wisdom hearby passed on to those who have not yet come to know it. There is no "one" to find. There is This One, and That One, and That One Over There, ...lots of them.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 04, 2005 20:39

Hey, miliionaires and wanna-bes!
Mr. Sacred, I hope I can meet you..it's true that we shouldn't "beat" our beliefs into anyone; historically, it's obviously fruitless. Rather, why not, "walk the walk", and not just talk. Let people be drawn to your beliefs based on the goodness, truth and wholesomeness of your works..doesn't it somewhere say, "faith without works is dead"? That's why I'm taking my time here: I'm working on finding the one who's looking for me.

Available only
to logged in members

Chat now 
Posted on Sun, Sep 04, 2005 15:32

No force. Free will. Choice. But, if not the right choice, no pressure here, but you are gonna BURN IN HELL! Don't like that one? How about, when you're dead you're dead vs. when you're dead, you're STILL ALIVE FOREVER! You know, better to attracte bees with honey adage.

You can't believe based on that kind of influence. You can PRETEND to believe, TRY to believe, it doesn't work mostly.

So, I'm going to get the answers and when I get them, I'll let everybody else know. Then it will either be "get what you can, you only live once" or "this is only an experience meant to better the spirit, live not for this world but for the spirit". Because this combo of half way half believers say and don't do, etc. thing, it's messing up the world. Well, if the former were true, so what if we mess the world up, when we are dead we are dead. And if the latter is true, I don't get why we all can't just have the no doubt proof from day one so we can do the right thing instead of having to "decide". What kind of sadistical game is this!

I'll check back if I get the answer while this board still exists. Working on it. Lots of evidence pointing to the latter, I just can't prove it yet. So be good.