#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Business topics > hetty green Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
hetty green
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 06, 2005 06:09

Ms. Katie,

I understand the woman. I read an article in Money magazine. It tells a story of a little girl growing up in poverty in a foreign country. One day her parents sell everything to come to America. Unfortunately, since she is a female, her parents give all of the money to her brother to educate him because it was a man's world back then I guess.

Little Ms. Poor gets a job with the IRS. She saves $5,000 by the time she is 40 and gives it to her stock broker brother. Her brother invests it but unfortunately looses the money.

She vows to never be poor again. She saved, invested well, and lives frugally. She left 26 million to a women's only university when she passed away.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 06, 2005 01:45

I don't know her story, rob... but why would someone do something like that? I don't understand.

I've never believed that "the love of money is the root of all evil." I believe selfishness is the root of all evil.

Money is a tool to be used, not locked up in a vault where it does no good. Money has the power to change the world, and yet, people hoard it and refuse to use it ....... and then die without ever having made a difference.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share