#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Astrology and metaphysical > astrology is hogwash Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
astrology is hogwash
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 24, 2005 23:06

scorpio_ice write:
Well said statuesque!

Thanks Scorpio i don't often get into a serious conversation anymore but i enjoy this stuff......

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 24, 2005 14:28

Well said statuesque!

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 24, 2005 01:30

Robotic in reading all of this my conclusion of your thoughts are you have tunnel vision. You are also very cynical and seem to think the Doctors have the better answers. You should broaden your mind because you are stating many things without ever researching it. I dare say if you saw a flying saucer land in front of you and little green men get out it would be "someone is making a movie"..LOL You really do not not know anything about medicine. That's ok because you can be educated...
I have been a nurse for almost 30 yrs.and i have seen it all literally. I have seen modern medicine, homeopathic,herbal and anything in between. Doctors are famous for whatever problem you come in for they shove a pill at you. They do NOT seek a cure for the problem but a cure for the symptom. When i see patients come in with 10/12/15 medications a day i absolutely get ballistic. People are brainwashed into think they know best. A story like SCORPIO. I had a 75 yr old come into a hospital i was working at for emergency Gall Bladder surgery. She has a partial Lap done but also had to have a partial cut. The next morning she was up and all over the place doing great. She told me a yr ago she would not have been able to do this well. She was on 13 daily medications and 4 of them were heart meds and other various pills. She said for 20 yrs she has felt so bad, had no energy many days not even getting out of bed. One day she took every pill she had heart and all and thru them in the toilet. Never took another one and she said this past year she gets out and walks, works in her garden, enjoys her grand and great grandchildren and was a healthy as she had ever been. The only thing she took at that point was a vitamin. So much for medicine. Many people haven't a clue what they take. They have no though of which one works with the other. Which pill has this side effect and that one. Their taste buds are gone. their thought process is altered. there energy level is severely compromised. they have permanent constipation from one or more which can lead to major problems. they don't want to eat becuse they can't taste which leads to anemia,malnutrition and other problems. I could go on and on and on.
Wilfred as Robotic is cynical about what you can do with feet. Every problem you have can be fixed by the feet. Every thing that your body is attached to ends at your feet. Yes Robotic you can get rid of a headache thru your feet. Wilfred My coaches wife could do just that. When you learn which part goes to what then it is amazing to watch relief from someone. And it works.
Robotics our body is nothing but energy. positive and negative atoms are all we are made of. Why would you think we are not energy. Our strongest energy point is in the abdomen. I am not a genius at this part so someone who is more familiar with this can chime in. Our bodies from birth are beginning to get poisoned with the air, all the pollutants we have. As we grow older they increase to a great magnitude. You have to cleanse your entire body from the inside out to cleanse these pollutants from your body. I worked for a Doctor who did this. They have clinics all over. A very famous one in Mexico where people with crippling arthritis who haven't walked in yrs. Take this for weeks/months and have gotten out of their wheelchair and are able to walk. I have patients who have seen this first hand. I would take natural medicine over pharmaceutical medicine anyday. It works you just have to get the right combination
Here is a statistic:

37% of all medicine prescribed in the US have active ingredience that are derived from, or analogues of,the
AMAZON rainforest plants.
25% of all prescribed medicine come from just 40 of these plants.
70% of roughly 3,000 plants found to be active against cancer cells are found in the rainforest(reports the Nat. Cancer Assoc).So imagine what many other natural substances can do. There are many success stories here.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Aug 23, 2005 23:11

I believe that Holistic Medicine and herbs are better for some things, and MD's and modern medicines are better for others. It's he*ll trying to figure out which is best in a specific case, the different fields do not support each other well or at all. That is sad.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 19, 2005 16:46

Thank you for sharing :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 18, 2005 10:24

Sunshine4UandMe write:
Hi Dunnatar
Thanks for sharing your story too. I'm well and happy to report cancer free for the last 8 years. What a journey...it's the best thing that has happened to me because of the profound changes that have taken place in my life since that faithful day. One of those, of course, is the Divorce. For the first time in a long time I'm actually hopeful and positive about my future. Worry, control, asking "why me" and like are a thing of the past and I feel so free and light. Still tackling the "guilt" but that will come to pass too.
There's a short little quote referring to "May you know that you're exactly where you're meant to be right now". It's not exact but it's close. Whenever I'm challenged by circumstances that I don't quite want to accept, I glance at my whiteboard with this quote on it and find instant relief and ability to let go of whatever it is that's challenging me. It does work.
Be well my dear..........

Hi sunshine I've really enjoyed reading your posts..I.m so happy that you are free from cancer for this last 8 yrs and feel sure your good health will continue.I feel that I know very little about so many things related to sprituality ,it's fascinating to read posts from others like Bobcat that do. ''You are exactly where you are meant to be right now'' what a brilliant quote..I will keep that in my head i'm sure it will help me too.
Take Care Sunshine

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 17, 2005 23:34

Sunshine...I am so happy for you that you have followed your instincts. Yes I was a little hesitant to start this topic up as to some it is areas they refuse to accept other than the logical, factual, and traditional. As a clinician myself, and admiring the courage too of Carl Jung for exploring scopes beyong the boudaries. It is a risk and a challenge to venture into certain areas as friends, families, and others tend to not want to believe in such...until amazingly enough an experience comes their way for them to possibly look to alternatives....coming to those who have faith in it for answers after so many years of bashing it..When someone has a very supernatural experience with a guardian angel in a life or death situation..they know what they saw, heard, and felt...the next step is in sharing it with others and experiencing their reactions...I'll take giving thanks and prayer anyday then live a life that suffocates one out the possiblities..as the "messengers" do exist ....

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 17, 2005 15:13

Hi Dunnatar
Thanks for sharing your story too. I'm well and happy to report cancer free for the last 8 years. What a journey...it's the best thing that has happened to me because of the profound changes that have taken place in my life since that faithful day. One of those, of course, is the Divorce. For the first time in a long time I'm actually hopeful and positive about my future. Worry, control, asking "why me" and like are a thing of the past and I feel so free and light. Still tackling the "guilt" but that will come to pass too.
There's a short little quote referring to "May you know that you're exactly where you're meant to be right now". It's not exact but it's close. Whenever I'm challenged by circumstances that I don't quite want to accept, I glance at my whiteboard with this quote on it and find instant relief and ability to let go of whatever it is that's challenging me. It does work.
Be well my dear..........

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 17, 2005 15:01

scorpio_ice write:

Sunshine4UandMe write:
And I thank you, Bob, for having the courage to bring this topic up. Although I've been on this journey for a long time now and have read a lot, I still feel like I don't know much about it. I'm on a constant quest for knowledge and would love to hear more from anyone on the topics of mysticism & spirituality.

I too would love to hear more, although I know less than you sunshine. lol

Thanks Scorpio. Interesting that I'm a actually a Scorpio..lol
Anyways, I don't know that I know more than you. I feel so green in this field regardless of the knowledge that I gather as time goes on. There's just no end to this subject...I love it and love reading and listening about it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Aug 16, 2005 18:24

hi Dunnattar

I lived in S Africa for 3 years, first in Warner Beach Kwazulu Natal then in Durban.

Its nice being in work that you really love and are suited to eh? You are lucky, not many people are.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Aug 16, 2005 18:21

Sunshine4UandMe write:
And I thank you, Bob, for having the courage to bring this topic up. Although I've been on this journey for a long time now and have read a lot, I still feel like I don't know much about it. I'm on a constant quest for knowledge and would love to hear more from anyone on the topics of mysticism & spirituality.

I too would love to hear more, although I know less than you sunshine. lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Aug 16, 2005 06:21

Sunshine4UandMe write:
"Blood and lymph and nerve currents flow through our bodies but there is no energy flow that can be started or stopped or diverted in any manner by acupuncture. You can't cure a headache with a pin in your toe unless it might be a needle full of painkiller"

How can blood flow through our bodies unless there's energy involved? I'm not a scientist or a doctor, however, I do know that everything's energy, whether you can see it or not. For years I believed in nothing but "modern medicine", healthy eating, etc. Then on one faithful Christmas Eve I felt the lump that was different from the rest of them. And yes I turned to the modern medicine for help, however, through that experience I too heard a voice, had a vision, an intuition (call it what you will). The message was you've been doing everything by the book and you still got "C" so you've got another chance to do something about your life, girl. I've never looked back. When I first experienced "Reiki" (still a total non-believer and having no idea what Reiki was) something profound took place in my whole being. While always questioning, I no longer questioned and took immediate steps to get attuned. It's been a wonderful journey ever since and today I'm happy to give back (free, of course) to those that are receptive and willing. When I work with my friends I'm guided to incorporate massage and reflexology even though I've had no formal training in either. I just go with "the flow" and trust that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be dong. The comments from the recipients are "how did you know that my back, knee, etc. was stiff right there? I didn't but obviously something guides me to do one thing for one person and something totally different for another. I thank my spirit guides and angels for their guidance and pray for all those who do not see beyond the obvious.

Hi there sunshine,
What a lovely story and I hope all goes well with you,how strange that something so frightening can turn your life around and give you so much fullfilment.

I too am attuned to Reiki (only the first attunement)but the day it happened was the most amazing experience I've had...I used to work in Gran Canaria and one of my managers there was a Reiki Master, I was in awe of him and thought that he had something so special.. a gift, I didn't know that it could be available for anyone,then one day a couple of years later an old friend of mine who is a druid, phoned me and said she was going to see a person for attunement to Reiki,so I went along with her. Since then I've been able to help quite a few people and like you I trust and 'go with the flow' I'm just an ordinary person but feel many different things when I'm using Reiki..one time when I was helping (free of course like you) a lady I just didn't want to take my hands away from her right leg..she later told me she had had a car crash and was left with pain in that leg.Like you I feel different sensations with each person and feel so blessed to have been able to pass on healing energy. I hope to be able to progress in Reiki in the future.. I love the Reiki Principles..

Just for today I will let go of anger.

Just for today I will let go of worry.

Today I will count my many blessings.

Today I will do my work honestly.

Today I will be kind to every living creature.

Good luck to you Sunshine.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Aug 16, 2005 05:04

scorpio_ice write:
Awwww Dunnattar that is sooo sad! Did the experience help with your career choice? My daughter works in a nursing home for Alzeimer patients, she is very outgoing and happy-go-lucky and absolutely loves her work!! I guess you never have a boring moment in your job either eh?

I was fortunate to have private medical care for my family, similar to the Americans I think(Although we have to pay twice, once for the private and again to the National Insurance). When my youngest son was in with ear problems I always stayed with him and was in a double room with ensuite, phone, tv etc. In S Africa we had to pay for private care as the free hospitals were very short staffed and lacking equipment! Maybe some of our MM friends could let us know what the hospitals are like oversees.

I have a friend who lived in South Africa for years..she misses it so much, how long were you there for? Your daughter sounds such a lovely person Scorp (just like her mum)with just the right personality for her job.Like your daughter I really love my job and yes you are right never a dull moment,I could write a book..and I love them all and wish I could take them home with me..it never ceases to warm my soul when I see little ladies with so many ailments still managing to laugh and take my hand to say thankyou,they are so grateful and happy to have any help, and any kindness you pay them is repayed ten fold, we can always turn their tears to laughter, but I could speak pages and pages about them..I must stop before going on toooo much.Oh and no it wasn't the experiences with my parents care in hospital that made me choose this career it just seemed to fit around my family commitments. I've worked in Sales, had my own craft shop and taught people how to make porcelain dolls etc...I've been an aerobics teacher,a features editor of a craft magazine, my ex and I had a mobility business so we did work with the disabled and elderly people..but none of these occupations were as rewarding as my present job. But again I digress,yes it would be nice to hear what other hospitals are like overseas and how they compare with ours..this MRSA bug in our hospitals is a frightening new threat to patients these days.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 15, 2005 19:28

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 15, 2005 19:17

And you can add some Canadian companies to that list as well. They're recognizing the benefits and are willing to reimburse their workers for accupuncture, massage and other "alternative" treatments.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 15, 2005 19:10

"Blood and lymph and nerve currents flow through our bodies but there is no energy flow that can be started or stopped or diverted in any manner by acupuncture. You can't cure a headache with a pin in your toe unless it might be a needle full of painkiller"

How can blood flow through our bodies unless there's energy involved? I'm not a scientist or a doctor, however, I do know that everything's energy, whether you can see it or not. For years I believed in nothing but "modern medicine", healthy eating, etc. Then on one faithful Christmas Eve I felt the lump that was different from the rest of them. And yes I turned to the modern medicine for help, however, through that experience I too heard a voice, had a vision, an intuition (call it what you will). The message was you've been doing everything by the book and you still got "C" so you've got another chance to do something about your life, girl. I've never looked back. When I first experienced "Reiki" (still a total non-believer and having no idea what Reiki was) something profound took place in my whole being. While always questioning, I no longer questioned and took immediate steps to get attuned. It's been a wonderful journey ever since and today I'm happy to give back (free, of course) to those that are receptive and willing. When I work with my friends I'm guided to incorporate massage and reflexology even though I've had no formal training in either. I just go with "the flow" and trust that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be dong. The comments from the recipients are "how did you know that my back, knee, etc. was stiff right there? I didn't but obviously something guides me to do one thing for one person and something totally different for another. I thank my spirit guides and angels for their guidance and pray for all those who do not see beyond the obvious.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 15, 2005 12:09

Awwww Dunnattar that is sooo sad! Did the experience help with your career choice? My daughter works in a nursing home for Alzeimer patients, she is very outgoing and happy-go-lucky and absolutely loves her work!! I guess you never have a boring moment in your job either eh?

I was fortunate to have private medical care for my family, similar to the Americans I think(Although we have to pay twice, once for the private and again to the National Insurance). When my youngest son was in with ear problems I always stayed with him and was in a double room with ensuite, phone, tv etc. In S Africa we had to pay for private care as the free hospitals were very short staffed and lacking equipment! Maybe some of our MM friends could let us know what the hospitals are like oversees.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 15, 2005 01:57

You are soooo right Scorp, my dad was taken to hospital..he had lung cancer and they gave him about two months...

He was very very weak and wasn't even able to sit up or lift his head, imagine my surprise when I visited him one morning and like you said he was propped up in a chair at the side of his bed.He was more alert than normal and I was happy to see that he recognised me. That evening when I saw him he kept wincing but he was unable to tell me what was wrong...I asked the nurses to see him and they put him on the commode only to see him obviously in great pain..the nurses took him for exray and he had a broken hip...he had fallen out of the chair later that morning but we weren't told.
He died three days later from pneumonia. I understand our hospitals are short staffed and they can't watch patients every minute..but as you said scorp the hospitals have this routine and in this instance didn't give any thought to the capabilities of my dad.

I work as a care assistant in a Nursing/Residential home, I work regular nights, there are three of us to look after 54 old people..our oldest resident is 102 yrs old..I have been told about one resident who has fallen and hurt herself but nothing broken and not on my shift.we do regular checks on rooms and answer many calls during the night to make adjustments to pillows covers and the obvious full bed changes..there are things that I would change if I were in charge but it all amounts to not enough staff.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 14, 2005 14:34

Its frustrating dont you think Dunnattar having to deal with doctors and hospitals in England? I was horrified when my grandmother was in hospital as they would make them all sit in chairs at the side of their bed throughout the day and put a television on to occupy them! All had bad vision and hearing problems so was impossible to see or hear the television OR each other!!!! Thankfully she wasnt there long unlike some of the others!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 14, 2005 13:07

Hi Scorp,

Your grandmother was sooooo lucky to have you around, you saw what was needed and gave her hands on help which gave her those treasured extra years with her family..

Your story reminded me of my own mum who like your grandmother was able to live 2 more years after the doctors had said she was about to die...

There was no one else in my family to take care of her so I gave up my career in Gran Canaria travelled home to allow her to be able to die with dignity and not go into hospital or an old folks home...

Boy did I have a fight to get her off the tablets...as you said with your grandmother..a tablet for this and another tablet to counter act that..she rattled and rattled and was so worried about not taking her pills..she knew she had to take whatever pill whenever it was due but no idea what the said pill was for..
But luckily I was there 24/7..was able to feed her little and often and make sure she was getting some goodness into her body.

At one time though before I looked after her she had a spell in hospital, and within 24hrs was seeing all kinds of horrors and was convinced the nurses were going to murder her..it turned out that they had cut out the sleeping pills she had taken for some yrs..she had started taking the sleeping pills on her doctors reccomendation for depression after my dad died..but without any follow up, she was then hooked on the sleeping pills and had to go on other pills to help her with withdrawal...oh dear give me natural remedies any day i hate tablets...My mum had repeat prescriptions sent regularly to her house for years without any checks being made to see if she still needed them..I was so shocked when I came home to look after her..I'm not saying all doctors are the same,I also have heard of many many many success stories of non scientific ,natural healing methods..