#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Romance > Question for the Men Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Question for the Men
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 11, 2009 18:26

I frequently travel alone and dine alone. ¿It is not always my preference but I am most comfortable entertaining myself. ¿I wonder though . . . when a man sees a woman sitting alone at a bar in a nice restaurant in town either having a cocktail or a bite to eat does he think she is interested in meeting someone? ¿Does he find it somehow inappropriate? ¿I have had several male friends comment women shouldn't be sitting at a bar alone. ¿ Feedback?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 18, 2009 01:54

It's not inappropriate at all. As one who loves conversation over meals, eating alone takes away from the ambiance of dining out and truly enjoying the prepared meal. I've met women that have no problems dining alone. I view it as someone who's there to enjoy her situation, even if it means doing so alone.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 27, 2009 13:44

Were you up to meeting some one on those events.
Your answer is the right answer...
After looking your picture that could be hard to stay away

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Nov 12, 2009 15:11

Do what makes you happy. Never judge and never ask to be judged.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 24, 2009 14:49

Is a woman sitting alone in a bar/restaurant somehow inappropriate?
Not in America, not anymore.
Maybe in some backwater town deep in the bible belt, but just about everywhere else you should feel comfortable doing so.

It is your right to do so.

If men do come up to you, take it as a compliment. Should you desire your privacy, a gentleman will respect your request for the same, whereas cads will probably make a snide remark as they walk away.

Having said that, when I am sitting in a strange location by myself, I often (not always) wish that a woman would come up and simply say "hello, may I join you?".

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 19, 2009 07:34

Good question.

I think the answered is based on your own sense of self confidence. Since you are single, I don't think you'd mind the right guy to walk up and engage in conversation. Its certainly not inappropriate. I talk to people, male or female, sitting at bars. The social interaction is awesome. Not too many places where you can interact with people you don't know. It certainly doesn't mean that I want to sleep with them. I've had some of the most interesting conversations with women at a bar that I wouldn't sleep with. Some of them were gorgeous women and some not. I have to get to know someone in order to be interested in them at any level.

Hope this helps!