#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Message board > Asian Men - What is the stereotype impression for us? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Asian Men - What is the stereotype impression for us?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 18, 2010 03:57

Hi Everyone,

I must say, it is not easy being an Asian men in the western dating world.  Not only most Caucasian women wouldn't be interested in an Asian man, but I've found that there is a growing number of Asian women who only dates white men.  However, Asian women are embraced by Caucasian men.  Just go to the mall.  You see Asian Females with a white guy all the time.  Do you ever see an Asian men with a white girl?  Rarely, if ever.

So question: What is the stereotype impression Asian Men have that leads to the most of you to stay away from us?  That we have a small tool?  Would you date an accomplished, westernized, good looking, semi-tall Asian man? Please, be frank and honest, I won't be offended!  

Thanks for commenting!

Steve

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 30, 2011 13:41

Stereotypes are based on the general stats, of course there are exceptions. We are not talking about exceptions. Asian men mostly are mama's boys. They judge women by what the Asian community wants, not really what they want. They are stunted in their emotional developments due to the immigrant cultural environments they were brought up.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 05, 2010 19:20

Asian men, in general, are oppressive, double standard and want  submissive type of women, who are all too easy to appease their men.  Forgive me for generalizing, but I think that Asian men are not domesticated at all.  They don't know the first thing about sharing house chores, cooking, and understanding women's needs.  I find them to be narcissists for the most part. 

I hope you are not that way and having some experience with an Asian man, I would tell you with 100% cofidence, that I would never date an Asian man.  Further, it's not just the men, it's their first generation mothers.  They can be pretty crazy and extremely dynastic.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 27, 2010 05:30

Hi Steve,

I just viewed your profile. Why you itemized "About me” ? As soon as I saw it I did not want to read it.

Anyway … I am an Asian woman who used to be married with African-American man. I do know Asian men who have an African-American wife. Moreover, I do know Asian man who have Caucasian wife also. It is not what color that you are, it’s all about who you are!

We do have many Asian people in San Diego, CA. But, I prefer not to choose Asian men especially the same Japanese. Because I’m no longer typical type of Japanese woman as they want any more.

You are young nice looking guy, so don’t think like that way.
Take care.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 15, 2010 19:19

I am very open minded. The stereo type is that asian men can be oppressive and mean. Not giving their women honor and respect that is the stereotype

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 31, 2010 21:38

I joint the group of what you said "Asian women only date white men" long time ago without even knowing it, until one day one of my girl friends joked with me that I am "white guy only". I am sure not avoiding Asian man in mind and true in practice.

I think the stereotype impression for Asian Men is that they are a bit close minded, very conscious about their own culture background. Would you notice if you are the only Asian in a party or in a meeting? Do you have way more Asian friends than white friends? Do you eat Asian food 90% of the time? Do you speak Asian-English? Do you celebrate most Asian holidays? Should your future wife be a perfect Asian type wife?

If your answers are "Yes" to most of the questions, then you are the real Asian type and most white girls want to steer away from. And a growing number of Asian women are choosing "main stream" guys whether Asian or not who is well balanced. If your answers are mostly "No", then you should show the girls you like your interest and sincerity with confidence. I think you are well rounded and you should let your girl proud of you.

Size wise I don't think it matters that much to become a stereotype thinking especially for most Asian women. It is a problem if it is far beyond average but that is true for all races. :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 19, 2010 21:22

Smart,sober,hardworking,graceful,polite,respectful,clean,tidy,well dressed,has self-respect,family oriented,professional,good self-control,good citizen,not a trouble maker,good parent,stresses education and healthy eating,conserves money, doesn't blow it.
The size thing comes into play only if like me, a regular sized woman compares herself to tiny delicate Asian women and feels awkward and clumsy.
I like guys to be clumsy giants around me and make remarks about my tiny feet and delicate hands. Vanity yes, works for me.
My best friend is Asian, he has his tiny beautiful wife. Me and him talk for hours on ALL subjects with great animation. At first she thought he liked what I had better than hers. While I envied her her size, hair and skin color, she was envious of my white skin, blonde hair and curves. Now she knows he likes my willingness to say what I think and because I accept him and her as smart well spoken neighbors even if their English isn't perfect and my Chinese is pitiful. I learned enough to be able to greet her mother properly and won another friend.

Let the women you are interested in, know what you like about them, it's not your race that counts, it's your self-confidence or lack thereof. A warm smile and a sincere interest in me, makes my heart skip a beat or two. Good luck.