#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Message board > new to site Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
new to site
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Apr 15, 2005 21:31

Ok....obviously I'm new here. But I've been on here and posted a few messages, and like no one ever responds to anthing! I have to say it hasn't been the warmest welcome.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Apr 24, 2005 09:11

Cub39 write:
I have the same arrangement as Mel, but kids on Thursday. This is common. If agreed by all parties, the sharing could be different. Mel's parties obviously wouldn't agree so he got the minimum. I am not sure I'd want to swap the kids every other week. The question then becomes...is it good for them to be moved often or better with one stable location and visits to me??

My ex & I have shared custody of our kids for 4 yrs. 1 wk/1wk ... sometimes the kids were miffed because they had to pack up every Friday...but they I made it easier for them ... double under wear/socks for my house...extra jeans, tops...you know what? They just packed up that much more! lol
So it was an inconvenience to pack. But what was most important was the contact they had with their Dad. I was always the caregiver, because I chose to be a Stay at home mom. I'm still that Stay at home mom. When my kids are at my ex's and he can't get home on time to get either of them to their soccer game/practice , I feed them and drive them to where they need to go. No big deal. Our kids have benefited from this arrangement. No fighting over the kids. That's a killer on them! It makes them feel torn, like they are supposed to pick sides. They can start feeling guilty. And that isn't how it should be at all. The reasons for separation/divorce are between the two spouses. It should have nothing to do with the kids. Unfortunately, too often the kids are used to get back at the other spouse and are put in the middle.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Apr 24, 2005 05:46

Funny you should call me that, Cub... in my other handles, I have Moonbeam, Moonlightdance and Sunsetdance... and I like them all!!

;)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2005 18:10

This is very sad...

Here it is understood that parents alternate weeks; if the parties don't agree, then they make other arrangements. I have lots of divorced friends who do it that way and the fathers are very happy because they can be very involved in their kids lives every other week because they have them for one whole week, and the kids like it too, if you think about it, Cub, the kids are less moved around that way than the other way.
And in your case, Mel, here, if it's clear that the father is the better parent, the kids go to the father, end of story.
I can't believe it's still like that in the States

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2005 13:50

Hello to you~ Thanks for the welcome... Enjoy the weekend!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2005 09:55

Moonray, I don't understand it either. I am the absolute best father on the planet.

Mom has some serious issues. She has done unspeakable things. Unfortunately, I am always honest and Mom always lies. I got a court ordered psychologist and he doesn't even believe her. Unfortunately, Mom has tried on multiple occasions to take my daughter away from me.

The California courts upset me. It favors women. I was first told this statement by my male attorney. Now I have a female attorney and maybe that might make a difference.

I do my best. I love my angel when I see her. I think of her when she is not here.

That's all I can do for now.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2005 09:39

Mel, I don't understand how come you see her only every second week-end and one night a week... this is absolutely awful!! THey still allow that in the U.S.???? I'm sorry but that country sure is backwards sometimes!!!!

Here, in Canada, the parents alternate weeks!!! The father has his kids one week, the mother has them the other week. And so both have EQUAL time with their kids!!!

I get soooo UPSET when I hear stories like yours... ONLY IN THE STATES!!!!!!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2005 01:39

Sweet Dreams

All my best to you and your family,

Mel

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2005 01:39

then you are a gem! I am going to get some sleep..
Sweet Dreams!
Mari

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2005 01:37

Nobody loves their kid more than me. Nobody!

I would have my angel full time if I could. I just love her so much.

We do everything together. We go shopping, talk about boys, homework, vacations, play time. We just love being together and having fun daddy/daughter time.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2005 01:34

Bravo! Nothing impresses me more than a man who steps up to the plate and offers his children his time, love & attention.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2005 01:30

I have a 7 year old daughter. Her name is Nicole but I call her Nikki.

She lives with her mother the majority of time. I get to see her a few hours on Tuesdays and every other weekend. I wish I had more time.

We both love traveling. I take her with me every where.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2005 01:26

How old is your babygirl? I have a 10 year old, Mikayla, and she is truly a gift from the heavens.

I go to HI every 8 weeks to see my hairdresser, Paul Brown, Ward Center... (how is THAT for an excuse to escape Seattle for a few days?)

I live by the Italian proverb , "if you scatter thorns, don't go barefoot"

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2005 01:20

That sounds fun. I love Vegas. I've been to the Hawaiian islands several times. As a matter of fact, I have 2 1/2 free airfare tickets waiting to go back. I have never been to Greece but I would love to go.

Me. I have the annual family vacation where 5 families pick a destination spot. We are going to Manzanillo, Mexico this year.

My second vacation is for my daughter. We are going on a Disney Cruise.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2005 01:19

laughter is good, very good. Keep them coming, please

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2005 01:18

I intend to partake in Las Vegas's 100th birthday bash the weekend of May 13- 16...
Also, KoOlina, Hawaii, Virginia Beach & back to Greece to explore some more of the islands.
Where are you off to?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2005 01:16

I have several. It keeps people laughing.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2005 01:15

Where do you plan on traveling?

Me. I already have two vacations booked this summer. I can't wait to go.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2005 01:15

Just how many silly pics do you have, SD?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2005 01:13

You were in the Emerald City and didn't bother to look me up? How about a raincheck?

In answer to your Q, Seattle has been blessed with the most beautiful weather the past two months... we usually have a lot of rain this time of year, but today was 75 degrees and beautiful, again. Spring has Sprung!

That said, t is fair to say Spring Fever has claimed its latest victim.. Me! I am ready to plan another trip and am looking for a travel partner...

Ciao!