#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Message board > The Naked Thread..beware... Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
The Naked Thread..beware...
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 11:44

Divine I apologize if I came across to harshly..as that was not my intent...

If you were on here a few months ago..you would have read in these forums...there was a certain Gentleman who was placing info in the forum..like a phone number..and place of employment of a women on here...you guys all remember ..hint hint.....anyway..that was a lesson well learned for all of us here..
In this day..its very dangerous to give out such info..including making large sums of money..and asking how you should invest it..Just be careful what you ask for...thats all I was trying to say..You can do what you want..i will never forget what happened to me...EVER...

This site has a lot od strange ones on here...just hang around for about 6 months..and you will find out for yourself...right girls?

There are a lot of Fake profiles..and its the niave innocent trusting women who get taken advantage of...I have witnessed that first hand also..

Good Luck..and as I said before Be Careful!!!!!!You seem a lot smarter than that...but you should use common sense when dealing with the internet.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 11:42

yeehaw9 write:
Is that why you go by Sharp 1? Lol! Good information and recommendations. Disagree with the low class comment though. As she stated, she's new at this investing thing and just wanted information and recommendations on how to and what to. A little slack in the line was warranted I feel. She did not mention amounts and what may be a lot of money to her for investing may be a small amount to others. I just thought it was a bit harsh, my .02 worth, that's just me.

Again, Sharp 1, you provide good words and wisdom/insight as to what someone can look for in investments.

HeeHaw:

Perhaps you should read the post under the romance section "no luck so far" in which a young woman posted her PHONE NUMBER on this website a few days ago.

Butter and I adviced her it's not a good idea to post personal information on a website.

If Butter came off heavy-handed -- which is a matter of opinion; you feel she was and I feel where one's well-being is concerned there's no such thing -- it's possible after witnessing one young woman make a serious mistake on the forum she hoped to help avoid another potential disaster unfolding.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 09:31

Yeehaw, Butter may have sounded harsh, but I agree with her, as you do. Discussing one's finances and how wealthy they are, when on a public forum such as this or a gathering of acquaintances or business associates, is extremely poor etiquette.

Regarding obtaining a Financial Planner to help invest one's earnings...well I'd be very careful and research that Financial Planner first. For instance, how well do they manage their own money? How successful is their own portfolio? Do they even have a portfolio? I mention this because a few years ago I knew of a fellow who worked 15 yrs on the floor at HomeDepot, and another lady who had been a secretary for 10 yrs...Both returned to school to become "Financial Planners". It was a big field to go into 10 yrs ago. I wouldn't trust them. It's a certificate program, not a degree program.

If you have money to invest, then ask yourself how much risk are you willing to take with your money? The Stock Market is a high risk where you can lose it all. Mutual Funds, T-Bonds, etc. are safer. Ask around for a good broker...if he's good, then he's done well for himself too. Same with a financial planner.
If you decide to invest a portion of your money in the stock market all brokers can call up the history of that company. Get that information from him, and READ IT carefully! What has the company done in the past & what were the returns? What is the company planning to do in the future, and what are it's projected returns? Are they realistic?
New companies can be a good investment, because shares may come on at a more affordable price, and there is lots of room for growth. But here's something I pay attention too. In every industry there are big names, well known and wealthy. Let's just throw out Donald Trumps name for the he*ll of it...if a new company came on board and I saw his name as a Director, but he was not a shareholder himself...I'd think he was giving these people the benefit of his name, but not willing to invest his money until they proved themselves to him. If Donald isn't willing to be a shareholder, neither am I!
Now if a big name is a Director and a Shareholder, that tells me they have confidence in the people running the company.
Do your homework. Don't just hand your money over to just anyone to invest. They'll love to play and gamble with your money...it's yours, not their own...they don't care if they lose it! Like tough luck, better luck next time!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 08:56

Is that why you go by Sharp 1? Lol! Good information and recommendations. Disagree with the low class comment though. As she stated, she's new at this investing thing and just wanted information and recommendations on how to and what to. A little slack in the line was warranted I feel. She did not mention amounts and what may be a lot of money to her for investing may be a small amount to others. I just thought it was a bit harsh, my .02 worth, that's just me.

Again, Sharp 1, you provide good words and wisdom/insight as to what someone can look for in investments.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 08:07

last one.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 08:07

wow...

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 08:06

nature!!!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 08:05

more

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 08:05

When trees go bad!!!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 03:32

Divine, I agree with Statuesque, but I will use less harsh phraseology than Butterfly (ouch butterfly). Find a good financial planner through your network of friends, but talk to at least two planners. Talk to your friends to see how they invest and what their goals are. This might give you some strategies to pursue with your investment(s). As far as information on the forum, I think you were in line is asking what you did, but use caution, there are many scammers/gammers/players on here and everywhere.
I would recommend you search the internet for financial planners (fpanet.org). Although you currently reside in HI, you indicated a change might be in store. Possibly a CFP that is nationally known might be a good fit as switching offices shouldn't be an issue when/if you make the move. Checkout the big names also like Schwab, etc.
Keep as much of your personal information close to you, identity theft is a serious career for many and there are so many cons ready to pounce with their get rich quick ploys. Due diligence on your part is the key. B

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 02:24

Divine one of the ways to plan your money out would be to find a financial planner. Another less expensive would be simply to find a friend or an acquaintance who is financially stable and ask him/her to advise you who to talk with or what you could do. Make sure they are not too close a friend(wink).
And yes heed the advise on advertising your financial status. We have people who would take that and run with it. And then there is 5W,our resident gigolo!!!! He only charges 12% for his services. He's still cheap by todays standards...LMAo(hehe sorry 5W couldn't resist that one)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 01:23

tm61writes write:
Ah, IQ. I supposedly tested at genius level as a child, although I don't recall the number (and haven't taken the Mensa as an adult).
Any guy who feels threatened by a woman's intelligence has a problem. I did 1370 on my SATs, and enjoyed the hell out of dating a woman who was over 1400 (and has since earned a doctorate).
You could put the most beautiful woman in the world in front of me, but if becomes clear she doesn't have it going on upstairs, or her conversation consists of "Uhhh," "uh-huh," "duh," etc., I'm out of there within 30 seconds.

It would take that long?? (wink)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 01:22

butterflynjax write:
Divine..Pardon me...but Sat scores of 350 are very low...it shouldnt be very hard to meet a man that can top that!

My Son tested 1365...he was at Genious level..and my daughter at 1250...so Im thinking that any man would be smarter than 350...you sure must have had some dummys if they werent smarter than that.
Sorry just being honest here..and after all, thats what you wrote.
You being the smart woman that you are...should also know..it isnt very wise to indulge that you are making large sums of money and need the help of strangers to give you ideas of how to invest..or spend..Come on Girly....
Wise up!!
I didnt get those high sat scores that my kids got...but I know i tested better than 350..and I also know I would never divuldge my earnings..and ask strangers over the internet how I should spend it.

Just a little advise from another Wise woman..you can take it or leave it.

Im curious Ladies..what is your opinion? Am I wrong?
Good Luck on the site...but be careful...never give out your personal info...there are some Looneys on here...I should know...I and a few others have had some bad experiences...just be careful!!!!!!

I am in total agreement with you, Butter. I am sure there are many who could give her suggestions on how to invest that money....like right in their pocket. That is personal info that should remain private at this stage of the game.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 01:17

Divine..Pardon me...but Sat scores of 350 are very low...it shouldnt be very hard to meet a man that can top that!

My Son tested 1465...he was at Genious level..and my daughter at 1250...so Im thinking that any man would be smarter than 350...you sure must have had some dummys if they werent smarter than that.
Sorry just being honest here..and after all, thats what you wrote.
You being the smart woman that you are...should also know..it isnt very wise to indulge that you are making large sums of money and need the help of strangers to give you ideas of how to invest..or spend..Come on Girly....
Wise up!!
I didnt get those high sat scores that my kids got...but I know i tested better than 350..and I also know I would never divuldge my earnings..and ask strangers over the internet how I should spend it.

Just a little advise from another Wise woman..you can take it or leave it.

Im curious Ladies..what is your opinion? Am I wrong?
Good Luck on the site...but be careful...never give out your personal info...there are some Looneys on here...I should know...I and a few others have had some bad experiences...just be careful!!!!!!

BTW...just my 2cents ..for what its worth...but I would much rather meet a man who is well rounded in everything..rather one who has a boring high IQ..and cant carry on a conversation without being boring...I have met many people in my life who may not be at high IQ levels..but are very smart in other ways..and very artistic..or interesting..funny..kind..well mannered..and who are completely well balanced...Now thats what I would rather have...Fun...and happiness...I quess is different for everyone...
Ive been around those stuffy high IQ people as my son went to a gifted H.S..a college Prep..and I went to many functions..and award ceremonys..You can have those boring types..Id prefer the more down to earth honest..unstick-up people myself.
Thats just me..and what makes the world go around is different people with different choices..
Good Luck!!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 14, 2005 16:24

yeehaw9 write:
Do hurry back Divine. We'll keep it going right Minnie, Lastone, Gabriella, Butterfly, Maya, did I miss anyone???

We will miss you, Divine, but will keep it going....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 14, 2005 15:00

Have to run put a brake proportioning valve on a friends car. And then bleed them. Talk to you all tomorrow

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 14, 2005 14:59

DivineAcquisition write:
I gotta go up there maybe next week-to locate some blue marble or granite for this massive project. "There" meaning somewhere on the mainland as yet unknown to me...where they have a large selection of stone in stock...

That would be Stone Mountain, Goergia

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 14, 2005 14:58

Do hurry back Divine. We'll keep it going right Minnie, Lastone, Gabriella, Butterfly, Maya, did I miss anyone???

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 14, 2005 14:58

I gotta go up there maybe next week-to locate some blue marble or granite for this massive project. "There" meaning somewhere on the mainland as yet unknown to me...where they have a large selection of stone in stock...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 14, 2005 14:54

OGG, HNL, doesn't matter. One-way or roundtrip? Lol!