#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Millionaires who are online > Returning e-mails Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Returning e-mails
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 11, 2005 10:07

I'm an honest fun successful person who is discouraged A few women who met me last year would vouch that my profile is honest if understated. My e-mails are never returned even if a women has intiated contact. I hate wasting time but there seem to be a lot of terrific women who have similar beliefs to my own. so I would give it one more shot to see if there were any suggestion to my problem.. I hope there are. Mattw17(marc)

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 02, 2008 13:13

but did you ask to yourself why no woman reply to you?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 12, 2008 11:24

Hi Matt~
How are you today? My name is Nancy and I read your profile and this posting. I understand completely what you are saying about matches/friends that don't reply or if they do, they're not playing with a full deck or trying to scam you. If you'd like to chat sometime, let me know... Thank you for reading my posting.

Sincerely~
Nancy

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 27, 2007 10:59

Etiquette is almost non-existent in our society today. I will write a message to a "gentleman" and most of the time, I won't get a reply back. I feel that if I initiated the "conversation" as a paying member to let a non-paying (or paying) member know that I am interested, they should at least write a short reply back to say that they aren't interested. Suggestion for non-repliers - create a WORD document with several different reply backs and edit as needed. I've done that before for another dating site I was on and it works wonderfully. It was a real time saver.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 25, 2006 07:29

Received your message about the dog you adopted and would like to here more about that. You might like to be a part of the animal rescue alliance group.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 04, 2006 18:19

If you have initiated a curteous email and did not get a polite reply, this can be seen as rude and ignorant. Even though a non paying member cannot intiate emails, they can reply to people who write to them. If a woman initiated contact and then does not reply to you....maybe it is better to move on and find someone who would like to get to know you...even as a friend.
Best wishes
Pauline Maria

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 03, 2006 22:40

what an interesting comment..I approached you...but you couldn't be bothered to write back and say sorry not interested...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 09, 2005 18:45

I used to make it a point to answer each and every email. But, it's frustrating when I try to be honest and polite by saying I don't think we're a match just to have the guy email me back wanting to know exactly why...lol. Then I'm forced to ignore him, and I feel guilty. I've even had men write back calling me every rude name in the book because I wasn't interested. You can't let these things ruin it for you.....keep plugging.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 09, 2005 18:21

perhaps the reason ppl do not reply to your emails is that you dont fit their criteria or they are just not that into you!!! one cant take it personal...

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 08, 2005 23:49

mattw17 write:
I'm an honest fun successful person who is discouraged A few women who met me last year would vouch that my profile is honest if understated. My e-mails are never returned even if a women has intiated contact. I hate wasting time but there seem to be a lot of terrific women who have similar beliefs to my own. so I would give it one more shot to see if there were any suggestion to my problem.. I hope there are. Mattw17(marc)

HELLO Marc!!! I am glad to see you STILL long enough to make this effort(smiling VERY big) This guy is right he is very understated. A looker he is( I assure you looks JUST like his picture and better) and one of the kindest, sweetest, and someone exceptionally fun to be around. And ladies he IS a gentleman. I will only say if interested at all carry it too the end. You will not be disappointed. He will also make a wonderful friend.
Take heart Marc. Stop and smell the roses!! It will come i assure you. You are too good a catch!!!!..S4U

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Oct 05, 2005 09:52

can we chat in other locations? cause I am not a golden subscriber.Please tell me how to contact you.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 19, 2005 18:03

Thank you sharp1, some one was kind enough to let him know and i have now recieved and sent e-mails off site.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 16, 2005 22:00

sharp1 write:
aplainjane...I continue to email non-members and they are able to reply. Unless I initiated the contact prior to MM making some significant changes and it doesn't effect previous emails...If you hit reply you should be able to email them back. If you are not hearing back from them, it could be they have chosen to discontinue contact.
If you really want to reply to someone's email, I suggest you pay for the service. Then you can enjoy emailing whomever you choose at your leisure.

Once again I agree with Mary Tyler Moore.....Love Yah

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 16, 2005 09:50

aplainjane...I continue to email non-members and they are able to reply. Unless I initiated the contact prior to MM making some significant changes and it doesn't effect previous emails...If you hit reply you should be able to email them back. If you are not hearing back from them, it could be they have chosen to discontinue contact.
If you really want to reply to someone's email, I suggest you pay for the service. Then you can enjoy emailing whomever you choose at your leisure.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 20:32

I think this is a big problem on this site. as a nonpaying member i can get e-mails from members but can't respond. So they must think i am very rude, but thats not the case at all. I would love to be able to respond to an e-mail from BlackDreamLover to let him know i am interested. But all he will get is a wink as a responce. Thats the best i can do. Maybe another gold member will e-mail him and let him know. I will check back at this form. thanks

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 04, 2005 21:22

Matt.. so much of the mail you send ends up in the junk mail and never gets read. I was shocked when I looked in my junk mail and saw all the men that I never knew had written and of course never got a reply from me.
Hang in there...sometimes the mail goes POOF..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 04, 2005 07:57

I am not in the gold membership so cannot email :(

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 22, 2005 09:04

Hello! You have a great profile and photo, so it's more than possible your mail has been lost in cyberspace. I know from experience this happens all the time, so try again!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 21, 2005 18:50

Matt,
I understand your frustration as I too get few responses..
With the onset of computer introductions, I've found that many don't feel a compunction to respond even if to say thanks for your interest but I don't think it's a good fit. It is just common courtesy but that seems to be in very short supply in the world any more. It is very disappointing. Your photo portrays a very nice looking man and I'm sure at some point, the right one will answer an email, an IM, a wink, an ad, a phone, etc...lol What's that about dealing with a lot of frogs...I think that goes for men as well as women.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 31, 2005 19:33

It totally depends on what the e-mail says as to if I respond or not. If someone just replys... "Hey there sexy" or "I'm interested in meeting you" then I'm likely not to respond. If there is a lot of thought in their e-mails and I can tell their are interested in getting to know me as a person the I often to reply. Lets say I'm scared of a scam and am here to first meet a friend and perhaps later take it to the next level. Jumping right into anything is not the best decision and for those of you that e-mail me right away expecting me to be on the next flight out to meet you it's not going to happen. Sorry. Nothing personal just a safety girl first. =)