#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Corporation ethics, corruption, watchdogs needed, etc. > Money is not all what life is about but it helps Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Money is not all what life is about but it helps
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 08, 2005 10:16

Money is not what life is all about if
you didn't have friends to spend time with life would be boring and dull. I have traveled everywhere and I think that having a variety of friends make the world turn but honest friends are the most important friends in your life and make life more enjoyable and having a friend that you can talk to and that friend doesn't tell others your interest and thoughts. Margie 2000 winston-salem, north carolina

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 20, 2012 16:02

What you've said speaks volumes, Margie.
I came into money suddenly and unexpectedly and I can't tell you the negative impact this had on my relationships with those around me...many of whom I considered very close friends...who bitterly disappointed me with their manipulative behavior.
I'm to the point now I don't care to associate socially with those who aren't also financially secure-sadly, it just causes too many problems, issues and expectations.
I hope this changes in the future, but for the time being-I don't feel "safe" doing so...

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 17, 2011 18:07

money is not everything....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 18, 2010 13:10

Hey you're right there...If I didn't have money or was putting out, I wouldn't have people who want to be around me...Someone said Fake Beauty is Better Than The Ugly Truth...I dunno, it touches along those lines. It's 2010...Let's Be Real: Money Talks, Bullshit Walks. NYC*

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 02, 2008 20:37

Never mix MONEY ,with friendships.Friendships don't pay the bills.Working hard does....and at the end of the day, You usually have more $$ lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 25, 2007 04:02

Such an old head on young shoulders. I used to think money wasn't important until I tried to help others - now I know the value of having true wealth and that's not just the hard cash but becoming the best person you can be and motivating others to be the same. Not a Gold Member yet but I am just as valuable as a person.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Apr 15, 2007 09:16

margie2000 write:
Money is not what life is all about if
you didn't have friends to spend time with life would be boring and dull. I have traveled everywhere and I think that having a variety of friends make the world turn but honest friends are the most important friends in your life and make life more enjoyable and having a friend that you can talk to and that friend doesn't tell others your interest and thoughts. Margie 2000 winston-salem, north carolina

Re:

Pfffft. Money buys friends and rich people buy happiness.

I know from personal experiences and I don't misinterpret them.
*shakes his head*

You know, these copper morals are as cheap as they are made available.

Life wouldn't exactly be a nicer place if we raised our children to know "Rich people can buy happiness"... but at least it would be more truthful.

As the saying goes: "The soul suffers for a man when things come easily to him"... but once you get past that suffering, you find yourself stronger.

Food for thought, Margie. Food for thought.

Perhaps this post is almost 2 years too late, but better late than never. Ha.Ha.Ha.