#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Men > Why do older men have a control issue? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Why do older men have a control issue?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 21, 2009 22:09

I'm currently getting to know a older man but he has made it clear that if we were to get into a relationship there is no way that I can really have a say . I try to explain that I'm a pretty liberal person . I even suggested that we compromise on decisions ; He clearly states that making decisions 50-50 is not a choice . Now I understand that he is capable of providing financial stability but is that enough to give him control of our relationship and my life??

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 24, 2009 20:37

Hey, Lovely. As yourself this question: If this older man had a yearly income of $20,000, would you even be asking whether you should let him take control of your life?

Probably not. Time to take off the rose-colored glasses--or maybe I should say the color-of-money-colored glasses--and recognize that you are heading into a relationship that will make you more and more miserable as you find more and more of your autonomy, your own special uniqueness, being smothered by this control freak.

At least that's my take on it.

And by the way: Control freaks come in all shapes and sizes--and ages!

Good luck, and be wise.

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share