#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Dating tips and advices > Don't let age myths confuse you Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Don't let age myths confuse you
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 10, 2014 16:51

Since I was a  teenager, I found myself more attracted to older men and all of my adult relationships have been with older men .  I  married  a man 28 years older than me (I was in my early 20s and he was 48 years old )and it was fantastic, the best relationship I've ever been in.I have never in my life been so loved or so happy. Our marriage lasted 15 years and I would do it again if the same man was asking lol... I think that love has no age limit, while I think there would be some obstacles to overcome, love, is after all, love and age should not be a restriction.I find that there's so much less drama with older men - Plus, sex with older men is so, so, so different (and better, in my opinion). Older men know what works and what doesn't, and they're not afraid to tell you what they like and what they want to try, and that confidence leads to a lot of wonderful moments both in bed and out. However you shoudn't let age get in the way of what you want if If you happen to be dating someone who is not your age, the guy/girl is older or younger than you, GO FOR IT...you only live once and the best opportunities are not necessarily the most obvious ones.So if you feel that it could work and you think the sentiments are returned – go for it! And don’t let society’s pressures of “right and wrong” get to you too much. Hopefully you are comfortable enough in your own sense of moral and ethical values to be able to judge if the relationship is appropriate or not .(as long as you are not taking on the role of a mistress or getting yourself involved in some other sticky situation) dating someone Older or Younger than you is not a crime and if you make eachother happy what can possibly be wrong about that?

•  

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 12, 2014 13:21

And I totally agree with you . I say that any relationship can only work as long as both people want to make it work age is just a number! 

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Apr 11, 2014 12:50

Ah sorry I misunderstood.

You know whenever there's a story online about a woman in a relationship with a much older man the comments are usually along the lines of...."it'll never work", "they have nothing in common", "she must be after his money" blah blah blah....and other stupid comments. What these ignorant people fail to understand is that any relationship may not work, whether there's no age difference at all or there's a 2 or 5 year difference or whatever. And when someone says "it's wrong", well I have no words for that.  

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Apr 11, 2014 06:04

Julianuk  28years older than me not 8 years ... 28 YEARS that's a big difference a man old enough to be my father significant age difference , and at first was hard not for us but for people to accept and understand our relationship u can only imagine what people thought seeing a twentysomething girl in a denim mini-skirt coming in regularly for intimate dinners with a grey-haired suited man carrying a briefcase?It is tough and  I am sure there are still those who think our relationship was wrong. But what could be wrong about two people in love?, but, today I can say he is the greatest thing that ever happened to me. 

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 10, 2014 06:49

If you were in your 20s and he was 28 I wouldn't really say he was an older man.  20+ years is what I call an older man, or younger woman.

I suppose everyone has their own idea of what older means to them just like hot, cold, rich, poor, tall, short etc... But you are right never let age get in the way. To me it means absolutely nothing. Totally irrelevent.