#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Long term relationship and Love > Before marriage, what should both talk about. Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Before marriage, what should both talk about.
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 19, 2005 13:55

Everyone is looking for trust,honesty,true love BUT what should you talk about before you marry. What questions would you ask?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 15, 2006 13:21

where you want to live?
who's in charge,the ranking.i say this because when i remarried with kids teenage,there was a constant power struggle going on in the home.you're partner has to come first or it won't work.and never let the kids see a weakness in you're relationship,cause they will try to magnify the problem.
nobody is good enough to take the place in you're life,of their mom or dad.it can cause big problems.so you as a couple need to agree to stand togather in front of any kids in the relationship.hash the problems out in private,no yelling or you lose

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 15, 2006 11:16

You should talk about every thing under the sun so you can get a sense and a feel of this person you are trying to get to know. and you should do this in a variety of situations, with other people as well so that you can view them from a third person prospective. when we like someone we tend to start making excuses for them. but you talk about all things before you come to the conclusion of a long term relationship or marriage. that is the way I see it any way have a great day. and talk it up with that special one.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 02, 2006 18:48

hmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . .

The answer to the question "what fills your days when you're not working?" usually gives me the best clue as to what's in store for us if we marry . . . if he starts talking about reality TV I know we're in trouble.

HM. With the exception of whether or not to have children (very important, because I don't want any more), I believe people can talk about "values" until the cows come home, but what really matters is what people DO. I wouldn't marry a guy unless I knew he'd gone through hard times and was able to explain to me how he got through it . . . HONORABLY. Character is everything . . . all the rest is just window dressing.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 02, 2006 10:22

hondo1952 write:
Natallia1 write:
Do you love me????

Are you talking to me? If you are, yes.

If not, no, but I could probably learn to.

Well Hondo, it was a topic answer, and it's a key question: if you loved me and I loved you, I would do about anything for you... and so would you?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 01, 2006 21:52

I would want to know what their plans are for burial. Do they intend to be buried beside me or some other place? Will they attempt to care for me in my old(er) age or will they put me in a nursing home. I know...not romantic topics to talk about but it is important to me.

Bubba...I have rigged many a bass boat because my ex-husband's arms were too large to fit in the holes. Out fished him many times and could filet the fish perfectly.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 01, 2006 17:10

Natallia1 write:
Do you love me????

Are you talking to me? If you are, yes.

If not, no, but I could probably learn to.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 31, 2005 14:49

bubba100 write:
dormavirgo write:
Hondo

Dream girl the one who can bait a worm catch the big fish, clean it and cook it..
Southern Girl...Lol Wink

Do you know how to cook gator tails and wax my boat?

Why would anyone want to , and HElllllll No............

You asked....

Kisses

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 30, 2005 20:42

btw I too bait a hook, can catch a fish, clean, fillet and cook it........

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 30, 2005 20:41

The topic I would wnat to discuss is how to deal with jealous kids, since I know how manipulative and destructive a child can be if they feel that daddy is being taken away. ( i don't have that probs with mine since they are all adults and live their own lives). I would want to know if there would be any girlfriends poping out of the past. If he has a mother in his life, how much influence does she have?? Where he would sleep if his snoring got to me and basically I would pick his brain so no stone would be left unturned rofl.

I don't believe in secrets in a marriage (unless they are for something like a birthday party or anniversary surprise). I would expect to have all cards layed on the table so that there would be no unpleasant upheavals.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2005 14:39

Do you love me????

BQ
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2005 04:21

dormavirgo write:
Hondo

Dream girl the one who can bait a worm catch the big fish, clean it and cook it..
Southern Girl...Lol Wink

Dorma, LMAO...very clever...

BQ

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 26, 2005 18:36

Joke:The future tense of the verb " to marry" is...."to divorce". Maybe it would be helpful to discuss how they will divorce if the marriage does not work out

Dina

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 23, 2005 20:02

In my best south Alabama accent.

Can you make biscuits and gravy?

Can you work a trot line? IF you can do you know how to skin a catfish?

Can you cane a chair?

If you can't do all those things what have you been doing with your life?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 23, 2005 08:56

larrye2001 write:
Everyone is looking for trust,honesty,true love BUT what should you talk about before you marry. What questions would you ask?

sex and drugs and rock and roll???

ambitions, dreams, desires,
upbringing, love of parents, past relationships, work, activities, hobbies, favorite color, birthday, and in my best east TN redneck suthern drawl "Whats your sign baby???"

And if they say "stop", it's time to go...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 20, 2005 20:46

How about kids? To have or not to have? Some of us already have, so if he's a not to have, counts us Mom's out!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 20, 2005 19:16

what their name is.. hmm if they cook .. the rest who cares