#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Newcomer Introduction > How to start? Searching by location? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
How to start? Searching by location?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 11, 2009 00:08

A few months down the line after a nasty break up I thought I would give internet dating sites a go. Have uploaded profile and photos, and searched through a few profiles.

Should I start sending out a few winks? Upgrade for a month or so and see how it goes? Wait for people to contact me or make the first move? Some of the people on here have been registered for years it seems by the comments dates. This is not a good sign.

Also do people tend to only search by location? While I am originally from UK, I no longer live there and have a property elsewhere but currently living and working in yet a different country. Where to put as my location, where to search?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 01, 2009 00:37

Hi All sounds like I am not the only one that is new. I haven't even figured out how to search on "location" so in my opinion you are doing pretty good! I am not sure this is for me but I guess it will be fun to "play" with it a little and see what happends...that is when I am not playing with all my other toys! (twitter. blip DJ program etc. BLA BLA BLA

Question: What do you ladies think about communicating with someone that does not even post their pic? I think it is a little strange I mean if I am willing to place my pic out there isnt it only fair to expect a man to do the same?

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 05, 2009 01:09

Yes but even if in this age range gets you little response. Have contacted loads of men, all stated that location not really important, yet then many say I am too far away - I am Europe, not USA (not Russian or Eastern Europe - British). I am willing to relocate if there was that spark there.

I think if I was prepared to date a guy 50+ (getting to close in age to my dad), then might not have a problem but...would prefer someone not older than say 42 ish.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 13, 2009 02:01

Appears most are searching for that age range yes. I just fit in there!

I have just started by seaching for people that have similar hobbies and have sent a few emails.

Finding a good photo not easy. Lots on here seem to have all these wonderful glamour shots of just head and shoulders. I can only find 'normal' photos of me.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 12, 2009 12:22

Hi! I'm new here and I haven't found the photo that I want to put on here yet. Are all these men looking for 18-35? Or is it just me? I'm looking for a best-friend, companion, laugh partner #1.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share