#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Entertainment and Hobbies > Walking for fun. Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Walking for fun.
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 01, 2005 07:42

Don't you love to get outdoors and walk and smell the fresh air? I think it is the most beneficial thing a person can do. If you walk at night you see snakes swimming and rabbits hopping. I love it. Walking clears your head and gives you energy.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 30, 2005 13:29

Thanks Maayan - lol. Trying to be a bit patriotic today. OK - thanks for the advice... whew.. I'll tuck 'em in and hang on to Cubby for dear life!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 29, 2005 23:25

That just proved the well- worn wisdom of feminity..all men are putty in the soft fine fingers of a real feminine woman...they could be kneaded to suit all needs...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 29, 2005 14:42

CUB..what did she do to you in LUX???

It must be the shimmering cleavage in a steamy hot kitchen..and Min..feeding you with her gourmet cuisine...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 29, 2005 12:20

Cub39 write:
Ok, ok, I'll pick her up and carry her and her luggage over the mountains barefoot. And I have no lice....

aaaaaw... what a sweetheart!! My luggage too?? See Bonnie? I knew my cubmaster-in-shining-armour would come through... and the added bonus: no lice! what more can a girl possibly ask for?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 29, 2005 07:23

Min, Im afraid those guys are pretty hopeless when they go to the equatorial forest, Im probably going to be the better protector..and Maayan..since we grew up in those conditions...lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 29, 2005 05:20

Forgot about this thread...!! Just re-read your last post here...
oooooh.... tarantula spiders...?!
I know they're harmless but they're so darn scary-looking!! I hate big spiders and I would have freaked ....
for sure...
Guy... who would have come to my rescue and gotten rid of the spider for me...??
Cubby, CP... ??

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 02, 2005 00:08

Min,
I use to have to check my school sneakers every morning for huge tarantula spiders because that is where they love to sleep at night..and in the tropics , in the old days they live on houses built on stilts to avoid snakes from crawling into their houses but you could still hear them hissing away esp cobras at night..I have grown up with 4 legged monitor lizards running around the backyard,lizards all over the house, lots of huge red ants if you leave even a drip of your soda on the table..mosquitoes that give you malaria and dengue fever..whenever I watch Grace Kelly in her impeccable safari gear on one of these old movies..it makes me LMAO ..cos there is no way u could look like that cool model if you spend a day in the equatorial forests of Africa...!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 01, 2005 20:30

Good lord!! You could write the scenario of a horror movie with all that - lol... whew... and I'm interested in reptiles but that's probably because I haven't grown up with them and never saw any "au naturel". A few years ago I heard on the news in Athens that a guy opened his closet first thing in the morning, and there was a big python sitting there coiled up in the corner of the closet! Turns out his neighbour upstairs had it as a pet but he went away for a few days and left it there by itself and it found its way down into this guy's flat! Can you imagine...? So they called some pet shop I guess or someone who could handle snakes and they came and removed it (cuz the firemen were too scared or didn't know hot to handle it). For quite a few days, this python and other snakes were on display in their glass cages in a temporary tent set up as an attraction several miles down the road from my parents' house in Athens. So I went to have a look and there it was.. sitting in its glass cage and the door was wide open so we could touch it. It was still waiting for its owner to claim it poor thing. I got to touch it though (I mean the cage was open so it was too tempting...) and got to hold a small boa constrictor -lol!! The experience was not as creepy or scary as I thought it would be.
One thing I cannot stand though is the crawly critters with legs: cockroaches, spiders etc... eeeeeuwwww... THEY give me the creeps. And let's not talk about scorpions!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 01, 2005 15:41

Min,
Yes, I have seen swimming snakes , they are quite lethal..in my part of the world I grew up with snakes all over the garden..I have seen pythons wrapped around lamp posts, snakes that got into my house..and a friend of mine heard his puppie yelping in the night to find it being half swallowed by an 18 ft python..
The funniest but true incident reported in the Singapore papers was about a guy who went to the toilet in a golf course, a snake crawled up the latrine and bit his willy and disappeared into the latrine. They had to call the environment guys to go into the huge cesspool to catch the snake so that they could get the antidote..it must have been the slimiest , filthiest and scariest task these two guys had to do...
As a child I hated walks and hikes in the forests..hot humid and full of snakes and creepy crawlies..we have cockcroaches the size of your thumb and they fly all over..I used to have to kill them because my husband was so frightened of them when they fly into the bathroom..all part of the adventure of living in strange places..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 28, 2005 20:10

LOL.. oh really!? Blimey, I didn't even notice the date - was just surfing the forum and came across this subject which interested me and decided to contribute. Well with or without swimming snakes and notwithstanding hopping rabbits, a walk in the woods or where there is beautiful nature is always a good thing!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 28, 2005 18:25

Minerva---she wrote that in January -- maybe she came too close to one of those swinning snakes -- LMAO -- unbelievable stuff you read on here -- can't wait to go down to the river this weekend and look for swimming snakes -- LOL -- can't stop laughing!!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 28, 2005 06:46

I agree with everything but where I live I sure don't see snakes swimming or rabbits hopping (unfortunately) lol...! But yes it's great to take walks in the nature, in the woods or just in the old part of town (it's very pretty in Luxembourg). I did a lot of that last fall when the leaves were all those beautiful colours of red, orange, and gold and took a lot of nice photos.