#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Long term relationship and Love > does money alwways matter even if the one you like isnt rich Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
does money alwways matter even if the one you like isnt rich
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jun 17, 2012 17:52

why is it when some people start to like a person for who they are and later learn that they have no money up and leave ? i mean is it about money or is it about someone who makes you happy and feel good about yourself , ? i dont understand sometimes, i know bein finacially stable is a part of maken a life together but first you need to make it work without the money i think but thats just me talking .

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Aug 18, 2012 09:01

Money is fleeting and a false paper god.  If we all believed bananas were the monetary standard, people would be chasing bananas.  The old saying is true, "Money can't buy you love."  Given the choice between love and money.  Go for love.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 28, 2012 13:29

After a certain age it matters alot, in my opinion. Having been married for 24 before our breakup, my husband's income provided us with a certain lifestyle so yes, part of the divorce meant that I get to keep that. Having recently met the most amazing guy that I liked, there was chemistry, etc., I couldn't keep dating him because he was just out of his divorce and broke, living in a studio apartment. It's not like I'm in my 20's and just tag along and hope for the best. I believe there is a business component when it comes to starting over in middle age and if the man can't even come equal to where I am now then that makes it rough.
I completely understand how the courts are not always fair to guys and that many come out of divorce poor for awhile. I only ever made 1/4 of what my husband's income and his support now keeps our daughter in the same house, same school, etc. I wasn't out for blood money. So now though, when I date someone, I do have that in the back of my mind if he could support my daughter and I because in California, if I move in with Mr. Wonderful, the money from my ex goes away.
That make sense to anyone?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 27, 2012 16:59

k chased jim only cauz of his wallet & now he pays her a lot every month, unfortunately. i don't know why he cant stop talking about her ugly a.....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 25, 2012 01:39

Quoting sandibernstein:

Well it truly doesn't matter, but when a women has more then a man, it matters. When you want to go out on a date, and he can't afford it, it matters. if he can't afford a car, then it matters, if he lost his job, then it matters. 
After all, you aren't married to the man, you are only dating. and if you want to call it that. A man usually feels less then a man if he has no money. then there are others who live off other women. 
I am finished with poor men. i have had my fill. they can't even go for a hamberger or walk around and get a drink or two. What kind of romance is that? never again for me.

I wonder if that works the other way around with me who may be more well off financially than a woman.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 07, 2012 16:59

Well it truly doesn't matter, but when a women has more then a man, it matters. When you want to go out on a date, and he can't afford it, it matters. if he can't afford a car, then it matters, if he lost his job, then it matters. 
After all, you aren't married to the man, you are only dating. and if you want to call it that. A man usually feels less then a man if he has no money. then there are others who live off other women. 
I am finished with poor men. i have had my fill. they can't even go for a hamberger or walk around and get a drink or two. What kind of romance is that? never again for me.