#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Newbies > Is chilvery, good manners , and respect dead? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Is chilvery, good manners , and respect dead?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 24, 2005 12:51

I'm just curious, did the women's libbers ruin a woman's chances of finding a man who still thinks women are to be respected, and not just arm candy?
It truely surprises me, the amount of men who are not remotely interested in long term and/or and marriage relationships...I have met some very nice gentlemen, but they are in the minority....anyone care to reply?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 09, 2007 20:51

It's not only men that can have bad manners. Believe me.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 08, 2007 23:03

I think I saw your chair on Top Design! That aside, I can't tell you how many first dates never became second dates due to a lack of the most common manners on my date's behalf... I'm not giving up hope that good manners are out there as well as lovely men who do believe in marriage and family. My twin sister just married this past weekend to such a person. And, sadly there is truth in the need to be wary of those already married perpetrating themselves online as single... (the losers!!!)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 29, 2007 18:31

I must live in a different world. The men I know respect women. We hold doors open for them, say please and thank you, attend to their needs and listen.

Wishing you all a better experience.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 25, 2007 07:12

Well I think you found a dinosaur because I lost my wife 8 years ago and am waiting for the right woman to come along, be romanced (swept off her feet) and get married. I am not a mmeber, can you tell me where and how to get hold of you Guniunelady2000. I would love to chat with you.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 24, 2007 10:05

I find most of the men on these so called dating sites are not looking for marriage because they are already married. I would say that the majority of men are just looking for sexual encounters.

I have given up hoping to find someone for marriage, that is just not going to happen on here or any other site. Sad to say but that is the truth.

I met a 82yr old lady who had never been married and I asked her why and she told me and I quote "honey the young ones just want to use you and the older ones just want to control you, it is not worth the trouble, just date and have fun."

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 18, 2005 10:13

You are so right. Don't complain about it if you aren't willing to do something about it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 06, 2005 13:14

LadyAlina write:
Scorpio love,
Thank you for the kind words lass!I do type with an accent..yee should hear me talk!
Well met and I have read a few o' yee posts, you be a spunky one! Elfin grin* Hope to be freinds!

Slan go foill,
Lady Alina

LMAO! What a fun girls night out it would be ....2 strong accents...unable to understand each other! yet...still wanting to talk all night!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 06, 2005 04:51

LadyAlina write:
Scorpio love,
Thank you for the kind words lass!I do type with an accent..yee should hear me talk!
Well met and I have read a few o' yee posts, you be a spunky one! Elfin grin* Hope to be freinds!

Slan go foill,
Lady Alina

Hi Lady Alina,
I've just read your profile..then looked at the Anachronism Society..sounds brilliant. My son and I went in the summer to a couple of reinactment days..we were mesmerised..to see how people lived in the past..wonderful!! Welcome to the forum, my membership has run out and I'm not sure I'm renewing yet..would have liked to e-mail you.A warm Welcome to the forum anyway..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 01, 2005 16:31

LadyAlina write:
Chivalry is not dead, respect tis not dead either..I am pleased to say..I spend many a weekeden all year long with some o' the most chivarlious men in the modern ages...Aye, I also present meself as nothin' but a Lady, and thus I give as much respect as I have earned; that too be the joy I find in the men that I meet, how right refreshin' to see honour and chivalry from both sides...tis a fine thing.

Oh, forgive me lack o' manners!(...and here I were talkin' about bein' respectful and chivalrious...soft smile*) Anon and Greetin's! I am new to this site and pleased to meet yee all! I am not a member as yet, but look foward to makin' new friends. Well Met!

Slan go foill,
Lady Alina

Hi and welcome Lady Alina....geez you actually TYPE with an accent lol

Enjoy the forums(just step over the trolls) and join in...it's nice to have fresh input and new friends!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 01, 2005 16:28

Cub39 write:

scorpio_ice write:
It's ok Cubby...I've just re-found this thread myself lol....and if you want ME to open doors for you...oh you say open YOUR doors not just any doors eh?...do you mean as in YOUR front door...YOUR bathroom door..YOUR bedroom door??? Why Cubby!!! What sort of women do you take me for??????
5w What ARE you teaching him??

I'd call you a chivalrous woman, and I'd appreciate your efforts.

hahaha I bet you would!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 29, 2005 14:52

pureheartedlady write:
scorpio...you are just a blonde trapped in a brunettes body..its ok..(my hair is brown now..so I still have flash backs lol)..

Hey I think I'm beginning to give brunettes a bad name now lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 29, 2005 14:49

Cub39 write:

scorpio_ice write:

Cub39 write:

musashi_flex write:
Come on, guys cant read minds, they need to be told sometimes!!!

This part is so true to me. As I meet different women, I couldn't possibly know the different little things that each of them likes. If they flat out told me specific details (beyond the simple basics like opening a door), I would be thankful for the education.

OK Cubby...hands on the table and face forward!!! Your about to be educated!!

YES you DO need to shave that botty..and yes it would be nice if TWO could fit into the canoe...! I like massages every night...picnics on a river bank on hot summer days...adventure holidays...and laughing!! I also like guys who can stay with the programme and get past the first step!!! Is that flat out enough for you!

I am so so sorry scorps, never read this before. Thanks for the education and I'll make a note for when we meet. (When you fly over here to open my doors, right 5w?)

It's ok Cubby...I've just re-found this thread myself lol....and if you want ME to open doors for you...oh you say open YOUR doors not just any doors eh?...do you mean as in YOUR front door...YOUR bathroom door..YOUR bedroom door??? Why Cubby!!! What sort of women do you take me for??????
5w What ARE you teaching him??

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 29, 2005 09:41

You are so correct. First, love doesn't make you psychic. Second, you need to demand respect - respect isn't just given, its earned. I would suppose if you are in a relationship, you've earned respect (if not, get out now) - demand respect by giving, and being able to receive it. Referring to what Musashi wrote earlier . . .

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 29, 2005 07:39

scorpio...you are just a blonde trapped in a brunettes body..its ok..(my hair is brown now..so I still have flash backs lol)..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 23, 2005 14:26

ScrippsRanchMel write:

scorpio_ice write:
I was blonde as a child but I outgrew it..!

Scorpio, I saw this! I am flying over to your house to kick your bottom.

LMAO!! You know...I never thought of it affecting other blondes!! Maybe I am blonde after all!!!

ooops! Just done it again!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 22, 2005 20:27

scorpio_ice write:
I was blonde as a child but I outgrew it..!

Scorpio, I saw this! I am flying over to your house to kick your bottom.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 18, 2005 14:22

wwwww123 write:

scorpio_ice write:

wwwww123 write:
Cub - You didn't know women are suppose to open the door for you????? Guess you don't know about the back rubs, foot rubs, head rubs, sex 24/7, nice dinners, etc. etc. either? Sheeeeee!

By the way, respect is earned, not a given.

Yes Cub....WE open the door for you and YOU give us back rubs..foot rubs..head rubs...sex 24/7..nice dinners etc etc! sheeee!

5w it looks like its down to us two to educate Cubby eh?

Scorp, you don't have it right yet.

Are you a blond????

I was blonde as a child but I outgrew it..! I see you didn't eh?? lol

THATS why Cubby should listen to MY advise as I am obviously the wisest!

PSSSSTTT Cubby..take my advice and I will skip the first TEN of the 49 steps!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 18, 2005 10:58

scorpio_ice write:

wwwww123 write:
Cub - You didn't know women are suppose to open the door for you????? Guess you don't know about the back rubs, foot rubs, head rubs, sex 24/7, nice dinners, etc. etc. either? Sheeeeee!

By the way, respect is earned, not a given.

Yes Cub....WE open the door for you and YOU give us back rubs..foot rubs..head rubs...sex 24/7..nice dinners etc etc! sheeee!

5w it looks like its down to us two to educate Cubby eh?

Scorp, you don't have it right yet.

Are you a blond????

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 18, 2005 10:29

SubtleSiren write:
Manners cost nothing yet are worth so much.

I try and send a polite response to all that msg me, regardless of whether they are my 'type' or not , besides its nice to get to know to people around the world anyway

hmmm yet I left a message on Newbies but as to date not a single hello in reply have I had - Clique Culture? I dont play Clique-ette, come folks show some Netiquette ;-)

Have a lovely weekend all

Hi subtle

I did add to ur thread....but hadn't renewed my membership by then so my reply was slow in showing! Hey girl! I brought wine and chocolates!!! lol just waiting for a few more girls to show up so we can have our girls night!!! (yes I do mention girls alot just making sure the guys understand what a girls night is...we eat bad things...drink too much...and chat about guys!!)

I've just ensured that there will be more guys than gals reading your thread Subtle LMAO