#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Millionaires who are online > why "I" joined... Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
why "I" joined...
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 24, 2005 11:11

The "millionaire" tag wasn't the lure, but generally men (and woman) who elect to be a part of this have some social awareness (can't fake that), a degree of "je ne sais quoi", (meaning most here don't have to go to a search engine for a definition!! Anyone who lacks self esteem should go elsewhere!! So it has more of a built in "filter" (okay, so nothings perfect!) Does anyone here agree with the impetus that drew them here as well?

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 10, 2006 08:57

Actually, I happened to stumble across an ad for this site while using a search engine to look up something entirely unrelated. It was odd. At any rate I looked around the site and figured, "Why not?"

Basically I just want to meet male friends. Or, more defined, friends that might share more of my eccelctic tastes that might enjoy companionship occasionally as I do. Romance? Well if it happens it's certainly a wonderful perk. But not the goal I seek.

I have had bad experiences in the past as I'm sure that everyone has. Anyone claiming not to have any 'baggage' is either a liar or a newborn. It's that 'baggage' that shapes us into the people we become. Or rather how we handle that baggage shapes us. I don't cling to mine. I put it away where it belongs but to forget it's there is a dangerous thing. Those who forget thier history are doomed to repeat it after all. It's best to learn from it and move on. Which, is what I am attempting to do.

The so-called men I have encountered in life (not all of them mind you, but those I was too naive to see through at the time) were not the type of man that I envision as defining the word 'Man'. They were little boys who were needy in more than one area. Financially in the red, emotionally bankrupt, and seriously lacking in the basics of common courtesy.

On this site I ventured the assumption that the men here would be more than capable of taking care of themselves and I would not have to fear someone trying to manipulate me into supporting them. I do not seek someone to support me in that way. It should not be an issue. I am by no means wealthy but I make do just fine on my own. I have pulled myself up out of poverty and I plan on keeping it that way. I have a very rewarding job spiritually if not fantastically rewarding financially and as long as I can pay the bills and keep the food on the table I'm happy where I am. Sure luxuries and perks would be great. Being able to travel to exotic lands and learn about the cultures and customs would be a dream come true. But, if it weren't to happen in my life I could still see the joy in life. I could still use my mind (and books, magazines, computers, etc..) to explore these places mentally if not physically. I dont need (nor particularly care for) furs and diamonds and designer clothes. I'm happy with simple comforts. Sure a classic Mustang Convertable would be nice but my old car will get me where I need to go and home again and serves it's purpose just fine.
My job will never make me rich. I am a 911 dispatcher. But it is rewarding because I help people. I am there for people in thier darkest hours and am able to share compassion and empathy when they need it most, when thier world is falling apart around them. That is worth more to me than making a six figure salary.

Also, people rarely fall into money these days (with some exceptions for those from families that are legacies). So that means that the men here would have drive, ambition, courage, and determination. They would not be slackers who never try to accomplish anything in thier lives. Yes there is a risk of too much of any quality but that is where getting to know a person and who they are inside first comes into play. I belive that if we take off our blinders of hope, dreams, and expectations (otherwise known as the famous 'rose coloured glasses') that we can see people for who they really are.

I am also risking making the assumption too that the men here are more cultured than the average bear. That they have been exposed to and are more receptive to various ideaologies and experiences in thier life and perhaps I can learn even more from them. I have an insatiable curiousity myself. I love to learn about new things, places, cultures, customs, people, etc... I hope to meet someone who is also like that. Someone who can be open-minded enough to consider other points of view before simply discarding them.

I'm sure that there are plenty of reasons that people do come to sites like this and others like it. I will not say that thier reasons are invalid or wrong because we are each individuals who are looking for something different in life and that is what makes the world so wonderful. Individuality. But, this is my reason for better or worse. Some may agree and some may not and that is alright. Different strokes for different folks, as they say.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 21, 2006 08:32

NYCHICK write:
i heard a guy on here was giving away skittles

lol...oh he really sounds dreamy.....lol...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 15, 2006 10:19

I understand you are just saying what you feel. Or course there are so many game in the world. I even met a guy on this site who's picture and words where perfect, his actions too. But as I got to checking the entire situation out he was not who he says he is. The picture was from an ad over sea's, his accent was melting, when he posted his real picture, it was lets say eye opening. He would have been better off posting his real picture instead of seeing a monster. Mr. PPotts stop trying to get into women computer & bank accounts. Weirdo-Weirdo-Weirdo, Be aware of him ladies, PPotts

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 15, 2005 21:35

Any sensational rich guy left here

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 15, 2005 20:59

i want something else to do besides hanging in the same places with the same people, this is fun and i have meet some mean and nice guys...no big fish yet though, i want a hubby, if i find him here, at the grocery store or at clubs,it doesn't matter, i just want someone to love...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 14, 2005 22:59

Just here to meet smart people...NOT just book smart either. People with common sense and life experience.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 09, 2005 19:41

Skittles (hahahaha good one, NY)
"Skittles, did some body say skittles, can I have the purples one....oh please please please!" I am sooooo easy to please...hahahahaha.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 09, 2005 18:59

I still don't get the skittles thing.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 29, 2005 20:46

Cub39 write:
Thank you for calling us forum regulars instead of forum abnormals.

You think I'd insult myself? lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 29, 2005 20:44

Cub39 write:
Thank you for calling us forum regulars instead of forum abnormals.

You think I'd insult myself? lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 25, 2005 16:06

You've just met two wonderful forum regulars, Cubby & Patty Page (or was that Duke? lol) the skittles is a long standing joke between NYC & another forum regular. Read and post long enough and you understand. There is alot of intelligence and humour threading throughout these forums, and on MM. Meet and greet, good luck!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 25, 2005 10:14

Alas, skittles? I mean the candy? Cyber skittles? Ok, is this for real? Or should I take back what I just stated about the superior element that gravitate here.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 24, 2005 22:53

i heard a guy on here was giving away skittles