#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Long term relationship and Love > What are the odds to find true love HERE Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
What are the odds to find true love HERE
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 29, 2006 08:50

I have almost everything that I want in life. My kids, my family, my health. Am not a millionaire, but that's not so important to me. But somehow there is something in my life missing, true love, the real thing. What makes you want to be in love, what makes you smile, just the thought of it. I have an emptiness inside that no body has been able to full fill. Every person that I meet(men), are shallow, with no real warmth in there hearts, and are so worry about the superficial and material things in life that have no real meaning. SO WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 26, 2007 05:13

i would about the same chance as any other dating site or place you visit

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 03, 2007 15:50

I would tend to agree with the slim to none chance but I would say that about anywhere in this huge universe. So instead of saying what are the odds, I would say, here is as good a place as any. Not all men are shallow, I know lots of guys that have beautiful hearts and souls.. Unfortunately, they are all taken!! (lol)

True love is not going to be found on a computer screen, from a few written words on a profile, but one hopes you have placed the best of who you are out there for someone who matches your wavelength to have a better chance of finding you, at least the chances have increased since the jurassic days of the wanted adds, pre internet dating.

But wherever you go and whatever you do, true love will never be a easy to find, it is not something you can go shop for, pick off the shelves and say..I will have this and live happily ever after.

Why? because it is complicated, it is about communication, trust, the ability to respect, share, devote, honor. It is about baring your all (warts and all), standing together in times of trouble, sharing hardships and deep secrets, dealing with outside interference. It is about adjustment, comprehension and acceptance that only someone who loves you and you love them can give. (Being a mother you will understand that one, no matter happens they are yours and you love them even if at times you do not like them). It is out there and this as with many engines is a start but can never be the full impact that will come with time (lots of it)

Finding true love over the internet, in a club, at the singles bar. it may never happen, but don't see it as a waste of time or get too discouraged after all, what would you be doing instead?

Allow yourself to enjoy the views, the flirtations winks and emails and see where it leads, send some yourself and think of it as an opening for true love to enter.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 30, 2007 20:03

You are right flowerchild.
:-)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 30, 2007 19:59

The odds are slim to none!
And what you lack inwardly is Jesus' love.
It takes you through all the loneliness etc.
It's natural though to have those longings to love and be loved.
To have and to hold etc.
Find Jesus Christ first and foremost.
Then He can lead the way to the other love which is natural for us to want/seek.
:-)
Crystal
PS
I honestly don't expect to find any true husband material on here or any dating site!
It gave me another outlet though!
He's coming my way soon.........that I know.........cause I DO have Jesus first.
You should too!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 30, 2007 10:33

I honestly think that if you want to be in love and are looking for that special someone, then you are not looking hard enough because you haven't found him yet. I have been searching for my special someone since I was 16 years old...I am now 18 and I have found that special someone...he is a year younger than me but we are very much in love and knew it from the second we met..we are getting married in about 3 years..after he graduates and we are going to spendf the rest of our lives together..we have only been dating for about 4 months..but when you are in as much of love as we are..time doesn't matter... sometimes love sucks and you just got to get used to it..life isn't a fairy tale and you need to accept the guys that you can get..I have learned that very well over the last couple of years. But anyways..that someone special of yours is out there..you just have to look harder and hope for the best...I have faith in you and I know that you will find him out there someday..you just have to believe in love and want to have that special someone love you..you can't go around thinking that you are never going to find that special someone and that all guys are the same because they aren't...you may not find him right away..you might not find him for 50 years but don't search for him..wait for him and he'll come around..my fiance now..well lets just say..we knew each other for about 5 minutes before we decided that we should hook up and we are still together and very happy...we have our ups and downs like every couple will but we are very much in love and we weren't searching for that special someone..we were both in realtionships that were on rock edges the time we met..but that changed...like I said..about 5 minutes after we met...gurl trust me that guy is out there..maybe I can hook you up with my bro..he is going to be 20 in June and he is a sweetheart to me and every other girl he meets...so if you are interested...let me know and I will tell him about you! buhbye

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 28, 2007 12:31

The odds are very low, against the odds of getting your feelings hurt and your heart broken to discover you have fallen in love with someone 'unreachable' emotionally.... Most people get the ladder. Good luck to you.