#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Romance > The old fashioned way? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
The old fashioned way?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 31, 2005 07:23

I am completely new to this whole internet dating scene and I m not sure that I will be here long. I have a few questions and I hope that maybe some of the "seasoned pros" can give me their opinions and advise. Seems to me that this is just another way for men to lie their way into your heart. They point out all their positive attributes including their flawless techniques in bed but they leave out the facts per sec that they have all these hang ups about committment and honesty.
Now I may not have a clue what I
m talking about here so maybe someone can clue me in. Seems to me that at any given time these guys with their bare chests and tight jeans are talking to at least 20 different women at the same time and shooting the same lines to each of them. The first one that bites is the flavor of the night. If they get laid then that woman is put on the back burner incase nothing else comes along on a cold boring night. If he doesnt get laid then any reason from the color of her socks to her manicure will get him off the hook and he still has 19 other women online waiting to build up his confidence and win a night out.
I have to wonder if the old fashioned way of meeting isnt still the best. You go to a bar and drink yourself stupid and whoever is laying on the floor with you at closing time, is your man. At least this way you hear things about him--face it everyone knows something about everyone and are more than happy to tell their stories. So you hear all the nasty things about your floor mate and you get to see exactly what he looks like. You all have to admit that there are some men on here who are definately not their pictures, and I dont want to set myself up to meet someone beautiful and meet someone who looks like he ate someone on the way. This new way of meeting is a mystery to me you only have to go by what they tell you. And I dont know many people who are gonna come online and tell the bad things about themselves, that wont get them a second glance.
In reality I have to wonder if all the people on here, including us women, are all that wonderful, why are we doing this? Why dont we already have a fabulous man in our homes, instead coming on here and standing in line for a mans attention?
I have just gotten out of a nasty little relationship and havent had the time to go and look for a replacement but I dont think that this is the way. It kind of reminds me of what I heard about 40
s dances, all the women on one side praying someone will ask them to dance, and the hottest thing is a man in his 60
s with his toupee on crooked and his teeth flopping around in his mouth.
Now I
m not looking for the richest man or the most flawless of creatures in the world, because I definately have a lot of flaws myself, too many to list here, but it would be so nice to find a man who is perfect to me, with flaws and baggy jeans, instead of a god who would take up all my time beating strange women off him with my broom.
Relationships are hard enough to make work let alone if there is so much competition from a computer enticing him to come and take me for a whirl. Afterall every fantasy you want is here, perfection, beauty, money and as many options as you want is only a keyboard stroke away. Where men and women only type in their idea of perfect mates and a list of hundreds is generated before you, really does a real relationship stand a chance?
Like I said I
m new to this and I dont even have an account yet, maybe someone out there can either convince me to come aboard or get back under the table in my neighbourhood bar. But I do believe in happily ever after and just want to know, does it exist on the internet Thanks all ileah

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 07, 2005 05:36

YrKnightMare..........
3 words............TOO MUCH INFORMATION..... YUCK!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 07, 2005 02:24

OH Please YKMare i don't think we need another solicitor in here. Bobster is bad enough(or as HOF has pointed might not be a bobster)

But do me a favor and pick out another picture. You have a movie star up on your profile(and if that one on the right is really you, the one on the left most certainly isn't.

I know , i know i have been trying to think of her name but it will come to me as just saw a movie with her in it. Having a brain fart right now. And thanks HOF for the brainstorm. Will have to keep our eyes opened.....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 06, 2005 07:45

Apparently i was sensored because i said much more but evidently the moderators are sick and tired of bobster too so didnt print the rest Well i will just consider it to be the welcoming wagon of millionairematch.com But really do u mean bobster is really a woman posing as a 57 year old gay man who does his own monkey? Now i thought i had problems hahaha Truly an entertaining little place to visit

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 06, 2005 05:16

babydol.....thank you Hon. Guess he figured he get my dander up....and he did. I know I shouldn't have let it bother me, but I had to say something!!

Luvya!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 06, 2005 02:51

well HOF you could have a point there. Bobster where's your face. I'll have to remeber that little name as everytime i have to gouge one of those suppositories into someone i'll think of ole BOB-"the suppositoy man".LMAO those little whte bullets pack a powerful punch..LMAO cream puff!!!..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 05, 2005 10:42

keeping in mind here i am new and just read bits and pieces but how enlightened i am haha

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 05, 2005 10:30

HeartofFire...thank you for the input.. Simply stated, the man is a PIG!!! Enough said!!! :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 03, 2005 23:15

So i'll write the better part again.
Talking of not bashing. You as a man just did a bang up job.You might need to watch what you right if you are going to turn around and do exactly that. Talk about an IDIOT!!!!! Of course we all know why you resort to the name calling. And what you said was sooooo funny. I don't think i have ever been compared to a suppository. LMAO...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 03, 2005 23:09

The moderators are not posting part of the post. I said much more to mr. Bobster but they won't put it on.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 03, 2005 22:51

Bobster you are just too funny.
pls contact me for more information

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 03, 2005 15:30

Dearest bobster.....Excuse me, but I am neither a whiner nor a wino. You have your opinion and I have mine, and my opinion of you gets lower and lower with each disgusting post you make. I have a feeling the gay community would be ashamed to know you.

ileah........you may have been hurt, as most of us have, at one time or another, but you make some good points in your post. Good Luck!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 02, 2005 06:54

Well my goodness, is there anything more pathetic than a 57 year old gay man who spanks (no e dear) his own monkey?
Enough said about that.
But I would like to offer my apologies to the two ladies that were bashed by name in this forum Obviouly you have already told bob where to get off hahaha
Thank you also to the ladies who answered me, perhaps you are right and I need to re-evaluate the reason I am here, and to re-think my goals and my needs We are all here because of the same reason and for the same reason and for myself as well as you lovely ladies, I hope we all find our answers
ps bobster, i have to say
the lesbian community would definately not thank you for sending me there hahaha have to hope that you have just an evil sense of humour and you are not really like that because if you are the gay community might throw you back in the mix

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 01, 2005 14:41

Ileah..I would probably still prefer the old fashoned way myself.The problem is that I'm from a place where the only places to meet single men my age are bars and Church.I tried both...one was a drunk...the other just couldn't take it when he couldn't convert me,lol.Your right about alot of things...and no one person here has perfect wisdom on exactly how to do this.Most of us do try and learn from the mistakes of others.In the long run though,most of us are sort of winging it.There are good and bad here...just like in the world....It does help to make some female friends who have learned some of the ropes,as I did,they really can help and you'll make some friends along the way.The men?Some good..some bad...but they are still a fair cross section of what your likely to run into in a club,in a city on any given night.The real advantage is the opportunity to have contact with people from places you would not have ordinarily.I did,and still do,take it as fun,an adventure....I never took it too seriously and have been pleasantly surprised.Good luck and check out the Sisterhood Forum before you quit.Some very nice women there who would love to help..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 01, 2005 09:16

Apparently, someone has wounded you deeply.
Please take the time to feel comfortable in your own skin again. We look for love the most obvious places, and most of us come away disappionted. This does not traslate into "all men are evil".
Sometimes I feel that all the white horses have gone ahead, only to be left behind. We all get lonely.
We've all been hurt.
You will find your prince....some girls just
have to kiss more frogs than others.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 01, 2005 04:34

So you meet a guy in a bar and he is going to tell you the truth is he? I don't think so! If a man is going to lie, it doesn't matter whether it is by email, by phone or in person. Yes, it is probably easier for a married man to get away with all this by email.

It sounds to me that you have been so hurt and damaged in the past that you have put up your defences as high and as deep as possible so that no-one penetrates that vulnerable part of you again.

Maybe you are not ready to meet a man on a site like this?

For myself I would much prefer to get to know someone a little before meeting up with them. I am very cautious as a person and I like to know a fair amount about them before I commit to Dinner or even a drink!

Just my thoughts!